Birth Weights

Old September 14th 04, 08:14 PM
Kazh

Default Birth Weights

Does anybody know if birth weights increase the more pregnancies you =
have.

I'm a tad worried my baby will be big.

My past babies weighed -=20

8.lb 12 oz
9.lb 13 oz
10.lb 9 oz

I don't want an 11lb baby !!! ouch

--=20
Karen
DS 10th Aug 1986
DD 13th Aug 1988
EDD 14th May 2005

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/kazh/familypictures.htm

Old September 14th 04, 08:19 PM
Mary W.

Kazh wrote:
Does anybody know if birth weights increase the more pregnancies you have.

I'm a tad worried my baby will be big.

My past babies weighed -

8.lb 12 oz
9.lb 13 oz
10.lb 9 oz

My first was 10lb 5 oz. Second was 9 lb 7 oz.

Although not diagnosed with gest. diabetes, I did try to follow
the american diabetes association guidelines (watched the number
and amount of carbs I ate and spread them across the day - its
not really low carb, just not real heavy on the carbs), and I limited my
dairy with the second baby (making sure to get plenty of
protein and got my calcium from other sources). I don't know
if any of those things made a difference

Mary

#1 7lb 15oz
#2 6lb 14oz (though a few oz missing with her hand, I guess!)
#2 was just before due date, #1 just after.
Debbie

Old September 14th 04, 08:35 PM
Nikki

Kazh wrote:
Does anybody know if birth weights increase the more pregnancies you
have.

I'm a tad worried my baby will be big.

My past babies weighed -

8.lb 12 oz
9.lb 13 oz
10.lb 9 oz

I don't want an 11lb baby !!! ouch

My second was 4 ounces smaller. Was the 10lb 9oz baby more difficult to
deliver then the 8lb 12oz one?

My second was vastly easier. It might have been those 4 ounces but I doubt
it. Same length and same size head - just skinnier :-)

Old September 14th 04, 08:35 PM
Karen

Hey, nothing at all wrong with an 11 pound baby! My second birth (11
pound baby) was a lot faster and easier than my first (8lb 15oz). All
natural too, at a birth home. (I am a little concerned however, that
shold I have a third child that it would be 13 pounds!)

-Karen, mom to Henry 4 and William 4 1/2 months-

Old September 14th 04, 09:02 PM
Sophie

"Kazh" wrote in message
Does anybody know if birth weights increase the more pregnancies you have.

Not for me. The sizes of mine corresponded with when they were born. The
one who cooked the longest weighed the most.

#1 - 38 weeks - 6 lbs 9
#2 - 40 weeks - 7 lbs 14
#3 - 39 weeks - 7 lbs 1
#4 - 39 weeks - 6 lbs 12

Old September 14th 04, 09:06 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Kazh wrote:

Does anybody know if birth weights increase the more pregnancies you have.

I'm a tad worried my baby will be big.

My past babies weighed -

8.lb 12 oz
9.lb 13 oz
10.lb 9 oz

I don't want an 11lb baby !!! ouch

Statistically they tend to go up, but that
trend doesn't hold up very well on an individual basis,
so there's no telling. My second was more than two
pounds heavier than my first, but my third was more
than a pound less than my second.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old September 14th 04, 09:16 PM
Kazh

#1 7lb 15oz
#2 6lb 14oz (though a few oz missing with her hand, I guess!)
#2 was just before due date, #1 just after.
Debbie

------------
Did you gain the same weight with both or eat differently ?

Old September 14th 04, 09:17 PM
Kazh

"Nikki" wrote in message =
My second was 4 ounces smaller. Was the 10lb 9oz baby more difficult to
deliver then the 8lb 12oz one?

My second was vastly easier. It might have been those 4 ounces but I =
doubt
it. Same length and same size head - just skinnier :-)

My DD =3D 10lb 9oz was harder but faster. But labour is *supposed* to =
get quicker isn't it ?