Elective c-section to avoid pain :-/

Old September 8th 05, 02:32 AM
Leanne

My word this girl is not very smart, at all.
Chances are she won't be breastfeeding either.

I dont think how smart she is has anything to really do with it, she is
probably just very ill informed.

Old September 8th 05, 03:57 AM
JennP

"Nan" wrote in message

Spears, 23, says she doesn't know the baby's sex (but has a feeling it
is a boy), and hopes to have a cesarean section. "I don't want to go
through the pain. My mom said giving birth was the most excruciating
thing she's ever gone through in her life."

According to a.g.c. posters they've seen reports that she already has a date
scheduled for 9/23. I don't know how true it is, but of course, some of the
posters there thought it was the smartest thing in the world! I even started
to get into it (but realized it wasn't worth my time) with one who claimed
her doctor friend had an elective c-section to avoid pain, mess and waking
her colleagues up in the middle of the night. Too posh to push they call it
apparently.

JennP.

Old September 8th 05, 04:01 AM
JennP

"V." wrote in message

Couldn't do a C-section
most likely (although I bet Michael Jackson has an in-home OR he can lend
her), but if she just did vaginal birth she could have the best of both
worlds: at home privacy and comfort and access to medical personnel,
epidural, etc..
I haven't given birth yet, but the idea of C-section pain scares me way

more
than vaginal birth pain!

This is what Pamela Anderson did. Homebirth. Waterbirth, I think actually.

JennP.

Old September 8th 05, 06:01 AM
Nan

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:57:56 -0400, "JennP"
wrote:

"Nan" wrote in message
.. .

Spears, 23, says she doesn't know the baby's sex (but has a feeling it
is a boy), and hopes to have a cesarean section. "I don't want to go
through the pain. My mom said giving birth was the most excruciating
thing she's ever gone through in her life."

According to a.g.c. posters they've seen reports that she already has a date
scheduled for 9/23. I don't know how true it is, but of course, some of the
posters there thought it was the smartest thing in the world! I even started
to get into it (but realized it wasn't worth my time) with one who claimed
her doctor friend had an elective c-section to avoid pain, mess and waking
her colleagues up in the middle of the night. Too posh to push they call it
apparently.

One board I ran across (no, I don't search out Britney fan boards G)
had a post asking if there would be a scar. The replies were all
positive, about a scar being very low and not visible in her
'costumes'. I had a fleeting thought to post a pic of my scar EG

Nan
Old September 8th 05, 09:52 AM
Anne Rogers

silly silly girl, but I suppose she will have someone to look after the baby
and won't breastfeed, in which case whilst having major abdominal surgery is
unadvisable, she probably won't have all the issues that normal people have,
she probably doesn't drive herself anyway!

Vaginal birth for me has been absolutely the worst pain of my life, but not
the worst experience, on going pain of a less extent is a far worse
experience.

Anne

Old September 8th 05, 02:13 PM
Nikki

Amy wrote:

According to my aunt's friend,
one of their requirements is that she not have a roommate, and that
the rooms on either side of hers be given to her staff (bodyguards
and personal assistants and whatnot). I guess she doesn't understand
the difference between "hospital" and "hotel."

I can kind of see her need for that. Her and her family won't be able to
poke their head out the door with out a major scene. I'd imagine security
is always a primary concern for celebrities. Like Jamie said, she should
have the kid at home. She can afford to pay all the birthing
attendants/medical staff she wants to come to her house for a couple *days*.
Of course, she probably can't have a c-section at home :-P.

Most of the nurses in the hospital are terrified that she'll pick
their hospital. They don't want to deal with her. My aunt's friend
is a bit of a bulldog, though, she's pretty no-nonsense and has said,
"Hey, bring her on. I'll treat her like any other first time mother,
and like any other patient." I kind of hope that she does pick that
hospital, and that she does get my aunt's friend as a nurse, just so
that she can be treated like everyone else. She needs it.

Nah - she'll use all those personal assistants to get her required pampering
in :-0

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

Old September 8th 05, 02:15 PM
Nikki

Nan wrote:
Spears pregnancy is 'mind-blowing' By Karen Thomas, USA TODAY
Wed Sep 7, 7:30 AM ET

In her first interview while pregnant, Britney Spears talks about
her pregnancy and the choice to put her career on hold.

In the October issue of Elle, Spears says that before she met (and
married four months later) Kevin Federline, she was "introverted.
Being an entertainer, especially starting at such a young age, you
long to please people and become what they want to see." Marriage and
motherhood, she says, are "going to help me not be influenced so
much."

Spears, 23, says she doesn't know the baby's sex (but has a feeling it
is a boy), and hopes to have a cesarean section. "I don't want to go
through the pain. My mom said giving birth was the most excruciating
thing she's ever gone through in her life."

All together now.... ARRRRGGGHHHHH!

Spears adds, "I've always known that I was going to have a baby one
day. But there's times when I get a little scared. It's mind-blowing
to have a child. "

Nan

It is sad that people with all the money in the world don't have some one
close enough to them to give them straight and honest answers and feedback.
Everyone apparently just runs around shaking their head yes to everything
they say because they have all the money. I'd be completely paranoid.

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

Old September 8th 05, 02:41 PM
bulletsurprise

On 7 Sep 2005 15:50:50 -0700, "Amy" wrote:

Nan wrote:
Spears pregnancy is 'mind-blowing' By Karen Thomas, USA TODAY
Wed Sep 7, 7:30 AM ET

My aunt is friends with a lady who's a nurse in Arizona, and apparently
Brittney has been interviewing hospitals in that area to try to find a
place to deliver. I guess she wants to get out of the limelight, which
I can understand. According to my aunt's friend, one of their
requirements is that she not have a roommate, and that the rooms on
either side of hers be given to her staff (bodyguards and personal
assistants and whatnot). I guess she doesn't understand the difference
between "hospital" and "hotel." I would be ****ED if I was a patient
at the same time, and I had to double up because Princess Brittney was
taking up three rooms (or six beds, depending on how you look at it).

Most of the nurses in the hospital are terrified that she'll pick their
hospital. They don't want to deal with her. My aunt's friend is a bit
of a bulldog, though, she's pretty no-nonsense and has said, "Hey,
bring her on. I'll treat her like any other first time mother, and
like any other patient." I kind of hope that she does pick that
hospital, and that she does get my aunt's friend as a nurse, just so
that she can be treated like everyone else. She needs it.

You can take the girl out of the trash, but you can't take the trash
out of the girl, I guess.

What does that last sentence have to do with any of the other things
that you mentioned? How does someone seeking privacy and ideal
accommodations make them trashy? That's interesting coming from
someone that owns a Firebird.

D.
Old September 8th 05, 02:53 PM
Nikki

Joybelle wrote:

I have to say giving birth is the most excruciating thing I've
personally experienced, but I still don't want to have a c-section if
I can help it. I saw my mom recover from one, and it didn't look
easy or painless.

I agree with you totally.

My aunt was present at my first birth. Labor was standard and pushing took
forever at 3hrs 45minutes but no complications or scary moments or anything.
If someone mentions they know someone that had a c-section my aunt *always*
says 'they should have given Nikki one'. I swear she was more traumatized
then I was, lol. I always come back with no way in hell...I'm so glad they
didn't mention it...and list all the reasons I'm happy with my vaginal
birth. Makes no difference to her, she thinks a section would have been
better. I don't think anyone my aunt is close to has had a c-section for
her to get a real clear picture, or she is just determined to not look at
the risks and recovery. It would make more sense for her to be beating the
epidural bush but she never mentions that?!?
--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

Old September 8th 05, 03:11 PM
Crystal Dreamer

"Nan" wrote:
[...]

If she thinks she's going to avoid pain by having a c-section, someone needs
to slap her and make her wake-up! I had a 28 hour labor with my first and I
thought I was going to die from the pain, but I'd still go through that
again over a c-section. In fact, I'm going for VBAC this time around!

--
-Lisa
Baby Girl due September 2005