"Time Wasting Rules" - from Real Simple Magazine - NOT GOOD!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 12th 03, 12:02 AM
Corinne

Default "Time Wasting Rules" - from Real Simple Magazine - NOT GOOD!

I was alerted to this article on an email group I'm part of....I was AMAZED
and greatly disappointed to read the following:

"The August 2003 issue of Real Simple magazine, currently on newstands,
contains an article titled "20 Time Wasting Rules to Break Now."
(page 136)

What's one of the rules to break? Breastfeeding. The article states
that with bottle-feeding, "you know exactly how much food the baby is
eating, and Mom may be less tired because Dad has no excuse to sleep
through 3 a.m. feedings." They go on to quote Boris Petrikovsky,
chairman of the department of obstetrics-gynecology at Nassau
University Medical Center, in East Meadow, New York, as saying, "The
biggest downside of not breast-feeding is that the mother misses out
on some of the bonding."

You can check the article out yourself by visiting
http://www.RealSimple.com - use access code easyfood to view the current
issue.
I strongly urge you to write letters of protest. You can reach the managing
editor, Kristin van Ogtrop by email at , or by snail
mail at:

REAL SIMPLE, Time & Life Building
Rockefeller Center
New York, NY 10020-1393.

Be sure to include your full name, address, and home telephone on any
correspondence for verification purposes.You might also consider contacting
Clinique, JJill, Sephora, Eucerin, The Container Store, and Brita, major
advertisers in this magazine, to let them know about your displeasure.
Please make everyone aware of this shameful behavior on Real Simple's part."

Please, folks, let's bombard the mag with the REAL facts...not some drivel
written to grab attention & sell mags.

Corinne

When mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
"Time Wasting Rules" - from Real Simple Magazine - NOT GOOD! Corinne General 138 July 25th 03 09:31 PM