Did Janet's breast offend your child? (Gimme a break!)

Old February 3rd 04, 04:46 AM
Ali's Daddie

Default Did Janet's breast offend your child? (Gimme a break!)

"Lynda Weiss" wrote in message
| So you're sitting in your home, with your family, watching
| the half time show during the Super Bowl and a breast
| is flashed on your screen! Wow! Big deal ....
|
| Why are so many wining about the vulgarity of this
| incident? And now the FCC threatens to levy fines
| on all CBS affiliates who showed the single breast?
|
| Now I know why the human body is so nasty .....

The only thing about this that offends me is this...

There are people who are choosing to bitch and moan about Janet's breast.
Saying things like "Me and my kids were watching the game...." Or "My 6 year
old and I were watching the game and then this happened..."

You get the picture..

Anyway, these same people had absolutely NO PROBLEM with letting these same
kids watch a bunch of over-developed men beat the crap out of each other..

sigh

Maybe I see things differently than most people. I dunno.

--
LES!

To send me an email, please remove Your Hat
YourHatDaddie @ bonbon.net

"It takes the Village people to raise a child. Sometimes you need a cowboy,
sometimes you need a cop, and sometimes you need a big gay Indian."

- Unknown (possibly Dharma & Greg)

Old February 3rd 04, 04:52 AM
Ali's Daddie

removed x-post

"The Ranger" wrote in message

|... I mean, look at the central
| figure; a known media-whore and gossip-mongering slut. shrug

| The Ranger

For the record, I'm a big Janet fan, and I can say without a doubt that she
has never gone for such stuff. You might be thinking of people like her
sister, her brother, or Madonna. But not Janet.

Have you seen the footage of what happened after? She was in tears. I saw on
Access Hollywood or another of the tabloid mag shows.

Old February 3rd 04, 04:55 AM
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Lynda Weiss wrote:

So you're sitting in your home, with your family, watching
the half time show during the Super Bowl and a breast
is flashed on your screen! Wow! Big deal ....

Why are so many wining about the vulgarity of this
incident? And now the FCC threatens to levy fines
on all CBS affiliates who showed the single breast?

I wasn't offended in the least by the human breast. I was greatly offended by
the vulgarity and calculated crassness of the act.

Those people were invited into my home to perform in front of myself, my wife
and my 18 year old daughter.

It wasn't a blanket invitation. It was based on the fact that the Superbowl is
promoted as a family event and use of the public airwaves was granted under the
terms that certain standards would be followed for unencrypted broadcasts during
times when children are like to be watching.

I have no doubt that Viacom, CBS and MTV will be laughing and gladly pay any
fine as no more than marketing expense. I could care less what Justin and Janet
want to do to create buzz and sell their next product. I could care less who
wants to go see them do it.

I care a great deal about what happens in my home.
Old February 3rd 04, 05:28 AM
Joni Rathbun

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, it was written:

Lynda Weiss wrote:

So you're sitting in your home, with your family, watching
the half time show during the Super Bowl and a breast
is flashed on your screen! Wow! Big deal ....

Why are so many wining about the vulgarity of this
incident? And now the FCC threatens to levy fines
on all CBS affiliates who showed the single breast?

I wasn't offended in the least by the human breast. I was greatly offended by
the vulgarity and calculated crassness of the act.

Those people were invited into my home to perform in front of myself, my wife
and my 18 year old daughter.

It wasn't a blanket invitation. It was based on the fact that the Superbowl is
promoted as a family event and use of the public airwaves was granted under the
terms that certain standards would be followed for unencrypted broadcasts during
times when children are like to be watching.

A family event with a zillion commercials promoting drinking...

Old February 3rd 04, 05:34 AM
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Joni Rathbun wrote:

A family event with a zillion commercials promoting drinking...

Don't recall seeing any commercials promoting drinking to excess, puking your
guts out, driving drunk, supplying alcohol to minors or any other anti-social
behavior. Did I miss something?

Or is this the old "I can't argue the point on merit so I'll try to justify the
behavior on other grounds" argument?
Old February 3rd 04, 05:36 AM
The Ranger

Clark W. Griswold, Jr. 73115 dot 1041 at compuserve dot com thumped his
chest and gave a war-cry through message
[Janet Jackson's halftime stunt redux]
Those people were invited into my home to perform in front
of myself, my wife and my 18 year old daughter.

[snip remaining rant]

Man! My friends and I must be the overwhelming minority that couldn't care
less about the halftime "festivities."

That's always been the time we collectively leave the room; we stop watching
TV to go outside, walk about the host's home, or just plain veg (for those
that might've -- uh -- imbibed too heavily because their favored team wasn't
doing as well as their pregame betting had suggested.) I haven't seen a
halftime show in ten years and just can't get worked up that someone would
let some young kid watch Janet Jackson bump-n-grind.

As far as trying to protect an 18-yo...

The Ranger

Old February 3rd 04, 06:42 AM
dragonlady

In article ,
Nan wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 02:07:34 GMT, Bill Rubin
wrote:

Nan wrote:

Hehe. This has amused me since last night.
I was more offended by Kid Rock wearing an American Flag than I was a
quick glimpse of Janet's breast. But nobody is complaining about
*that*

Nan

Yup, my wife commented on how she didn't like the flag shirt.
Personally, if anything good comes of this (apparently MTV will
no longer be allowed to produce the halftime show), maybe it's
that we won't have to put up with garbage acts like this.

Bill

As long as we don't have to put up with Willie Nelson ;-)

Nan

Hey! I'd MUCH rather listen to (and watch) him!

meh
(who quit watching half time shows when they stopped showing marching
bands)

Old February 3rd 04, 07:08 AM
P. Tierney

"Ali's Daddie" wrote in message
removed x-post

"The Ranger" wrote in message

|... I mean, look at the central
| figure; a known media-whore and gossip-mongering slut. shrug

| The Ranger

For the record, I'm a big Janet fan, and I can say without a doubt that

she
has never gone for such stuff. You might be thinking of people like her
sister, her brother, or Madonna. But not Janet.

Have you seen the footage of what happened after? She was in tears.

Why?

P. Tierney

Old February 3rd 04, 07:12 AM
P. Tierney

"Clark W. Griswold, Jr." 73115 dot 1041 at compuserve dot com wrote in
message ...
Lynda Weiss wrote:

[...]

You can't blame anyone else for that. If you know what past
halftime shows have been like, if you know anything about the
performers in the latest one, if you've seen any of their videos
or products, then you would know (based upon what I gather
from your post) that you might suspect that something might
be shown that you wouldn't want your kids to see.

So, don't blame others. Turn the TV off. You control it.

P. Tierney

Old February 3rd 04, 11:20 AM
Mamma Mia

"Cathy Kearns" wrote in message
. com...

"Nan" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:51:38 -0500, Lynda Weiss
wrote:

So you're sitting in your home, with your family, watching
the half time show during the Super Bowl and a breast
is flashed on your screen! Wow! Big deal ....

Why are so many wining about the vulgarity of this
incident? And now the FCC threatens to levy fines
on all CBS affiliates who showed the single breast?

Now I know why the human body is so nasty .....

Hehe. This has amused me since last night.
I was more offended by Kid Rock wearing an American Flag than I was a
quick glimpse of Janet's breast. But nobody is complaining about
*that*

Nan

Ok, I was thinking whoa! Leather nursing wear. Cool!

LOL!!!