sleeping on stomach

Old April 22nd 06, 02:13 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default sleeping on stomach

One of the things I really missed while pregnant was sleeping on my stomach.
Now it's over 6 weeks since DD Louka was born, and the obstetrician checked
the caesar scar and says all is fine, I tried sleeping on my stomach again
for a couple of days. Those two days my breasts did n't seem to fill up at
all, and Louka was very restless. Could the sleeping on my stomach cause
this, perhaps by compressing my breasts? Or is it just a coincidence?
Thanks,
Liz

Old April 22nd 06, 08:31 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Hi liz, I'd say it was coincidence, however many folks advise against
sleeping on your stomach to help prevent Mastitis / plugged ducts.

Claire

--
Claire
Claire's Profile at newmomsforum: http://www.newmomsforum.com/advice/member.php?userid=1

Old April 22nd 06, 04:47 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I read that putting continued pressure on the breast could decrease
supply. It could have been an old wives' tale, but it made me not
sleep on my stomach -- and I also miss it soooooo much. Also, when a
woman has an inopportune letdown, I read that putting pressure on them,
like crossing your arms in front, would stop it -- maybe it's related?

Old April 24th 06, 02:30 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

In article .com,
"Brookben" wrote:

I read that putting continued pressure on the breast could decrease
supply. It could have been an old wives' tale, but it made me not
sleep on my stomach -- and I also miss it soooooo much. Also, when a
woman has an inopportune letdown, I read that putting pressure on them,
like crossing your arms in front, would stop it -- maybe it's related?

LOL. I am a stomach-sleeper and I really wish it had decreased my huge
oversupply, but it didn't. And firm pressure, alas, still won't stop a good
strong letdown.

If you thought it might be an old wives' tale, why did you stop sleeping on
your stomach?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old April 24th 06, 09:18 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I guess I succumbed to a tale. *blush* I am glad to know (at least
anecdotally) that it isn't true and might even give it a spin tonight.

Old April 25th 06, 04:52 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Chookie" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Brookben" wrote:

I read that putting continued pressure on the breast could decrease
supply. It could have been an old wives' tale, but it made me not
sleep on my stomach -- and I also miss it soooooo much. Also, when a
woman has an inopportune letdown, I read that putting pressure on them,
like crossing your arms in front, would stop it -- maybe it's related?

LOL. I am a stomach-sleeper and I really wish it had decreased my huge
oversupply, but it didn't. And firm pressure, alas, still won't stop a
good
strong letdown.

If you thought it might be an old wives' tale, why did you stop sleeping
on
your stomach?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Parenthood is like the modern stone washing process for denim jeans. You
may
Kerry Cue

How about the blocked ducts/mastitis thing though? That's something I don't
want to get into.

Liz