what the heck could this be?

Old May 27th 04, 09:27 PM
Christine

Default what the heck could this be?

I noticed when I was in the shower that I have a grape sized lump
=91=91under the skin=92=92 on the right side of the opening of my
vagina..sorry if, tmi...

I called the Dr.s office, and the nurse said that it doesnt sound like
anything to be alarmed about...she said maybe swollen tissue from
pushing...but i only pushed a few times..BUT I was swollen in the
hospital just from that small amount of pushing...although DH did see
the head...so something did go on down there.....
anyone know what this could be?
is it normal?

tia....

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...ID=3D9T8S0V9F=
5G

Old May 27th 04, 11:35 PM
Hillary Israeli

In ,
Christine wrote:

*I noticed when I was in the shower that I have a grape sized lump
*‘‘under the skin’’ on the right side of the opening of my
*vagina..sorry if, tmi...

Is it purple? Could be a vaginal hemorrhoid...

Old May 28th 04, 01:23 AM
Kelly Hassett

when i was pregnant with my daughter i think i may have had the same thing.
The dac told me it was varacose veins

Old May 28th 04, 03:54 AM
Nic H

Yours might not be, but mine turned out to be a bartholin cyst (spelling is
probably incorrect on that) which I ended up having to have drained while I
was under anesthetic, it was EXTREMELY painful, grew to the size of a golf
ball before I bothered about it. I believe they said it was a gland that
somehow got blocked or infected during childbirth, didn't hurt a bit after I
woke up, just pure relief.

Nic H
EDD 23 Aug 04 (Baby Girl!)

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=9T8S0V9F5G