OT Silly Car Seat & Out & About Question

Old September 4th 03, 08:15 PM
Wendy J.

Default OT Silly Car Seat & Out & About Question

Hi,

Ok, we have just bought the Britax Marathon which we will start using
today if I can bug dh into installing it ;-)

My silly question is, what on earth do I do with dd say when we go out
for a meal? I am used to carrying her in the Graco car seat. Now I
have nothing to keep her in. Am I missing something? :0) She can't
sit up yet. What do you do? Hold them?

Wendy J.
Katie (4/13/03)
Old September 4th 03, 08:24 PM
Truffles

Wendy J. wrote:

Hi,

Ok, we have just bought the Britax Marathon which we will start using
today if I can bug dh into installing it ;-)

My silly question is, what on earth do I do with dd say when we go out
for a meal? I am used to carrying her in the Graco car seat. Now I
have nothing to keep her in. Am I missing something? :0) She can't
sit up yet. What do you do? Hold them?

Sling.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old September 4th 03, 08:46 PM
Nikki

Wendy J. wrote:
Hi,

Ok, we have just bought the Britax Marathon which we will start using
today if I can bug dh into installing it ;-)

My silly question is, what on earth do I do with dd say when we go out
for a meal? I am used to carrying her in the Graco car seat. Now I
have nothing to keep her in. Am I missing something? :0) She can't
sit up yet. What do you do? Hold them?

Hold them!!! I never had a infant seat for Hunter, nor a sling. Just held
or carried him. It was actually kind of nice. I finally got a seat with
Luke when he was 2 months because I couldn't figure out what to do with him
when I had to help Hunter. He also slept in the seat so I could take him
out of the car without waking him up. It was such a PITA. I never used it
unless I was by myself and thought I might need to help Hunter with
something.

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old September 4th 03, 09:39 PM
Kereru

"Wendy J." wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Ok, we have just bought the Britax Marathon which we will start using
today if I can bug dh into installing it ;-)

My silly question is, what on earth do I do with dd say when we go out
for a meal? I am used to carrying her in the Graco car seat. Now I
have nothing to keep her in. Am I missing something? :0) She can't
sit up yet. What do you do? Hold them?

Wendy J.
Katie (4/13/03)

I'd hold him most of the time, pass him around a bit and if we all wanted to
eat or just got tired of holding I put the bggy next to my seat and lay him
down in there.

We never had a removable seat so we did all thi sfrom birth.

Judy

Old September 4th 03, 10:06 PM
Anne Rogers

Hold her of course! We held all three of our babies when we went out.
No reason to isolate them in a bucket while they could be in your lap
looking around.
Marie

except for the fact I'm quite likely to spill my dinner over them if I'm
eating one handed, for an exclusively breastfed baby the number of tomato
stains on ds's clothes is shocking!

-----------
Anne Rogers

Old September 4th 03, 10:13 PM
HollyLewis

My silly question is, what on earth do I do with dd say when we go out
for a meal? I am used to carrying her in the Graco car seat. Now I
have nothing to keep her in. Am I missing something? :0) She can't
sit up yet. What do you do? Hold them?

I never had to worry about this too much because DS could sit up in a
restaurant high chair before he outgrew the bucket seat, but I'd think you
would just use a stroller.

Of course you could hold her, but it *is* a little awkward to eat with her in
your lap. :-)

Holly
Mom to Camden, 2.5 yrs

Old September 4th 03, 11:15 PM
Daye

On 4 Sep 2003 12:15:42 -0700, (Wendy J.) wrote:

What do you do? Hold them?

Sling or stroller, depending on the resturant. Sometimes we held her.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan
Old September 4th 03, 11:17 PM
iphigenia

Anne Rogers wrote:

except for the fact I'm quite likely to spill my dinner over them if
I'm eating one handed, for an exclusively breastfed baby the number
of tomato stains on ds's clothes is shocking!

That's why I either got food that I could eat with one hand or got someone
else to cut my food up for me, and avoided messy foods.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old September 5th 03, 02:14 AM
Wendy J.

Hi,

Thanks for the responses! A sling definitely won't work because dd
hates to be in that position. She always wants to be upward so she
can see what's going on. I have a Baby Bjorn but it hurts my back and
shoulders after a while. I have a bad back. I think I might try it
again as it could work if I am sitting down. Our stroller is huge so
I don't think that would work.

Don't get me wrong ... I love to hold her but I haven't mastered the
art of eating while holding her :-) I just wanted my hands free so
that I could eat. Sometimes when she gets fussy in the car seat in
the restaurant we take her out and we alternate holding her while we
eat. It's not a problem. She loves to see everything that is going
on. I just wondered what other people did. Thanks!

Wendy J.
Katie (4/13/03)

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
Silly question Nicole Breastfeeding 6 July 30th 03 04:53 PM