Taking off diapers??

Old December 29th 03, 11:04 PM
Kim

Default Taking off diapers??

Recently, my 22 month old twin boys have started taking off their
diapers while in their cribs (either before or after a nap - it
doesn't matter) and then peeing all over the crib. They had done this
once in a while before and it just stopped, but since Saturday (12/27)
they have done it about 7 times. Other than the fact that I'm running
out of sheets for them - it's just pretty disgusting to have to go in
and clean up poop off the floor! I could understand if they had
really wet diapers and were uncomfortable - but they are taking off
perfectly clean diapers and then making a mess. Any help anyone has
to get them to stop this would be appreciated. I'm getting really
close to using duct tape!

TIA
Kim
mom to Ronan & Xander
2/26/02
Old December 30th 03, 12:19 AM
shirley

We duct taped them on the kids. No kidding. It worked and they were only
removed by either my DH or myself for changing. They got tired of trying to
get them off and the game stopped. But wait...another game is waiting to
start.

Good luck
Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

m...

Old December 30th 03, 01:44 AM
Gretchen

Yep, she's not joking... duct tape is the answer. We had to use in with
Emily and Edan at bedtime, it took a few months maybe, and they got tired of
it and stopped. Just wind it around a few times so they really can't pry it
off...

Gretchen ~ mama to Emily and Edan (March 1, 1999) and Matan (June 13, 2002)

newsw3Ib.2729$I07.3680@attbi_s53...

Old December 30th 03, 03:33 AM
Cindy Senger

This question has popped up several times on this group and most agree that
duct tape is the answer. For us (at around the same age) it only happened at
naptime. The girls had one pair of jeans each that they could not get off by
themselves (they buttoned and zipped). So, these became their naptime jeans
until the diaper-taking-off fascination subsided. Duct tape would have been my
solution if I had not found the jeans!!

-Cindy (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

In article ,
says...

Old December 30th 03, 04:19 AM
chrisridge

How funny! I thought I was the only one who used duct tape!! It's the
only thing that worked for us.

Chris
Matthew (4/17/98), Michael and Andrew (4/26/01)

Old December 30th 03, 02:32 PM
shirley

We used duct tape on a lot of things we didn't want them to get into. We
had cabinets that didn't have handles and could easily get opened, we duct
taped them and other things. Getting the tape off was easy with that stuff
Go BeGone. When all else fails here we live, breath and die with duct tape
(no intention of advertising for 3M).

Off the topic now - anyone have twins or siblings that were dyslectic? We
think Chris is a bit, not a lot but at 9 he still reverses stuff around,
names, numbers, letters,etc. We are going to check with his neurologist and
see if his seizure's could be causing this (or medicine controlling the
seizures) but any sites that are good? Thanks

Happy New Year!
Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95