The Ty Pennington Story

Old September 23rd 06, 12:32 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

Default The Ty Pennington Story

Vernon wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
PeterB wrote:
JohnDoe wrote:
Vernon wrote:

"Janna Hoskin" wrote in message

Rich wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Mark Probert" wrote in message

David Wright wrote:

In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:

"Mark Probert" wrote in message

http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I
have
ever seen.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or
behavioral science,
You're not sure which?
He skipped that class.
Behavioral science IS psychology and V.V.
Take some drugs or have a drink or a dozen.

I used both terms because there are some here who open their mouth
with
no education and I just identified two of them.
Okay, wise one. Tell us the difference between "punishment" and
"negative reinforcement" as defined by Dr. Skinner. Quickly now; you
lose points if you take time to look it up on the internet. If you
indeed studied the subject, the answer should be already in mind.
Too late, Vern. Either you didn't know, or you weren't paying
attention.
I really don't believe you have any education in behavioral science
OR
psychology. You're just blowing smoke, as usual.
Oh, hey, if Vern never gets back to you on that question, can I
answer? I
know it!

(And I have a psych degree and have worked as a behavioural therapist
with
autistic children, and I take medication for my ADHD.)

Well, good, so you keep yourself drugged.
So you work with people who charge money to play games.

After getting a degree and finding out the nonsense that Psychologists
spout
(no stats to back them up), the dishonesty and typically the general
ignorance, I decided to go into Physics (not much opportunity except in
teaching) and then changed to Engineering.
That's 2 PhD's at most. Where are the other ones you told us about
Vernon? You know, the ones that made you 'dominant scientist' somewhere,
helped you invent magnetic tape, got you in top position at NASA, helped
you overhaul the complete production procedures at Intel etc. And where
did you find the time to learn to speak German? Oh yeah, that's right,
you don't speak German.
I guess you have little choice but to attack those infinitely more
intelligent than you. I mean, what choice do you have?

When you and your ilk start actually providing science based information
and stop your antics of marginalization, the attacks will stop. You do
have the power. However, I do not expect you to use it, as you know your
audience is for the science illiterate.

Yes, he addresses you and johndoe entirely too often and seems to continualy
expect cogent responses.

Vern, we are not his intended audience. He post his pharmablogger
bull**** for those who he thinks are weak minded alt nuts.

Sometimes I wonder about him.

Only sometimes?

I know that one way (as you say) to cause many to go ballistic is to claim
that one actually has a science education. I realize that, in itself, gives
no basis for knowledge in a particular science feild, but it is quite
obvious that some have zero science education or experience.

True.

It is paramount to me going to a news group on law or litigation techniques
and blowing off. Even though I have had a LOT of experience with (not in)
that feild as a consultant or reprentative, I have enough knowledge in it to
know that I am grossly ignorant, except to always state truth and facts for
the least probable problems.

So, you are now claiming to be the Dirty Harry of usenet?

Old September 23rd 06, 12:45 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

PeterB wrote:

Rich wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Mark Probert" wrote in message

David Wright wrote:

In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:

[...]

More the opposite. In the cases above it was more like, "Get Vernon in the
interrogation room. He doesn't miss much of what goes on and he knows the
contract better than anyone."

I never volunteered.

Old September 23rd 06, 12:47 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

PeterB wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
PeterB wrote:
MothWrangler wrote:
PeterB wrote:

Mark Probert wrote:

http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
Promoting drugs again, Markey? The promo doesn't even mention the
fact
that Canada has pulled Adderall due to instances of sudden death.
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media...2005_92_e.html
AFAIK, Canada reversed it's 02/05 ban of Adderall XR in 8/05.
I don't suppose the reversal brought those dead kids back to life?
I do not suppose that you could provide evidence that the medication
were the proximate cause of the deaths?

It's not my job to prove your sponsors'

asshole

There's the kinder and gentler poster.............

noxious poisons are dangerous,
Markey, it's your job to prove they aren't.

Sorry, boob, but you made a claim when you implied that Adderall was the
cause of death. You should be able to prove it, or acknowledge that you
were posting flatulence again.

If you bother to look, which would be a first, you would not find any
evidence of a causal connection.

Poor Mark just cannot stop lying.

FACT: sudden deaths of 12 American children on Adderall for ADHD.

The fact is that some people taking the
medication died. Whether there is a link or not is unproven. Of course,
unproven information is your expertise.

Wow....there is no evidence....then some died.

Markey, Markey, Markey, would you care to post the *enitre* list of side
effects?

Canada has a history of pandering to pharmaceutical interests; a
temporary ban on dangerous drugs is just PR to quiet down public
outcry. Think Vioxx.
We are not discussing Vioxx. And, the above paragraph is devoid of
relevant facts.

Aderall and Vioxx experienced a temporary ban in order to quet down
public outcry, however. Unfortunately, neither action brought the dead
back to life.

Prove that Adderall was the proximate cause, or even a remote cause of the
deaths. You cannot. You are blowing smoke. Your specialty.

How about *sudden*............

Poor, pathetic, Markey.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media...2005_92_e.html

Nancy
Unique, like everyone else

Old September 23rd 06, 03:22 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Linda Gore

m...

PeterB wrote:

Rich wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Mark Probert" wrote in message

David Wright wrote:

In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:

[...]

Oh, my where have I heard that before?

Rumsfield?

"Simply because you do not have evidence that something does exist does not
mean that you have evidence that it doesn't exist."

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to
me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we
know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there
are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the
ones we don't know we don't know."

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the
past. I think the past was not predictable when it started."

"We do know of certain knowledge that he [Osama Bin Laden] is either in
Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead."

"We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and
east, west, south and north somewhat." -on Iraq's weapons of mass
destruction

"Death has a tendency to encourage a depressing view of war."

"Freedom's untidy, and free people are free to make mistakes and commit
crimes and do bad things." -on looting in Iraq after the U.S. invasion,
adding "stuff happens"

"As you know, you go to war with the army you have, not the army you might
want or wish to have at a later time."

"I am not going to give you a number for it because it's not my business to
do intelligent work." -asked to estimate the number of Iraqi insurgents
while testifying before Congress

"I believe what I said yesterday.

"I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's
what I said."

"Needless to say, the President is correct. Whatever it was he said."

"If I said yes, that would then suggest that that might be the only place
where it might be done which would not be accurate, necessarily accurate. It
might also not be inaccurate, but I'm disinclined to mislead anyone."

"There's another way to phrase that and that is that the absence of evidence
is not the evidence of absence. It is basically saying the same thing in a
different way. Simply because you do not have evidence that something does
exist does not mean that you have evidence that it doesn't exist." -on
Iraq's weapons of mass destruction"

"It is unknowable how long that conflict [the war in Iraq] will last. It
could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." -in Feb. 2003

"Well, um, you know, something's neither good nor bad but thinking makes it
so, I suppose, as Shakespeare said."

"Secretary Powell and I agree on every single issue that has ever been
before this administration except for those instances where Colin's still
learning."

"Learn to say 'I don't know.' If used when appropriate, it will be often."

"I don't know what the facts are but somebody's certainly going to sit down
with him and find out what he knows that they may not know, and make sure he
knows what they know that he may not know."

"I'm not into this detail stuff. I'm more concepty."

"I don't do quagmires."

"I don't do diplomacy."

"I don't do foreign policy."

"I don't do predictions."

"I don't do numbers."

"I don't do book reviews."

"Now, settle down, settle down. Hell, I'm an old man, it's early in the
morning and I'm gathering my thoughts here."

"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just
respond, cleverly."

Donald Rumsfeld Quotes
From Daniel Kurtzman,

http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/q...feldquotes.htm

Old September 23rd 06, 03:56 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"Linda Gore" wrote in message
news

m...

PeterB wrote:

Rich wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Mark Probert" wrote in message

David Wright wrote:

In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:

[...]

No, Mark Probert.

[...]

exist." -on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction"

[...]

From Daniel Kurtzman,

http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/q...feldquotes.htm

Old September 23rd 06, 05:24 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
[email protected]

Mark Probert wrote:
wrote:
Mark Probert wrote:
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

Hmm, when an anecdotal account supports a prescription drug, you're
right there to provide the link.

I posted it as a positive story of someone who has overcome his AD/HD.
The story does not mention whether he used any other treatment
modalities, as many do.

Yeah, uh huh, the drug thingie had nothing to do with your telling us
about it...excuse me while I put my wading boots on...it's getting deep
around here in bull ****.

I am not claiming that this will be the same result for everyone, just him.

I hope you didn't miss the episode where he gave a woman who had Stage
III lung cancer a far infrared sauna, and told her it was a special
type of sauna! Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I do not watch the show.

You just promote links to website advertising a psychoactive drugs
featuring a person you don't watch. I'm going to need more than boots
'cuz the bs is overwhelming.

I don't watch the show either, except twice when visiting a neighbor
who was watching it. Since the show probably has had guests on more
than one occasion who have serious illnesses, I hope he's plugged the
far infrared saunas more than once, too.

Old September 23rd 06, 05:29 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Linda Gore

"Jan Drew" wrote in message

"Linda Gore" wrote in message
news

m...

PeterB wrote:

Rich wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Mark Probert" wrote in message

David Wright wrote:

In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:

"Mark Probert" wrote in
message

[...]

Pharmaceutical Marketeers stock reply to anyone who dares to point out
there's no scientific basis for their assertion the so-called symptoms of
ADHD are a genetically transmitted mental disorder----is "the absense of
evidence isn't evidence of absence"

Fuzzy Logic is used to defend the US War on Children---same as Fuzzy Logic
was employed by Rumsfield to defend the US unilateral war against Iraq.

Old September 23rd 06, 08:20 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

©2006 Shire US Inc., Wayne, Pennsylvania

Why do you keep posting this copyright notice without any accompanying
text, Jan?
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old September 23rd 06, 03:10 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

"Linda Gore" wrote in message
news

All new things not associated with health snipped.
Anal fixation with political figures removed.

Old September 23rd 06, 03:18 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

"Linda Gore" wrote in message
ink.net...

Rumsfield?

No, Mark Probert.

Pharmaceutical Marketeers stock reply to anyone who dares to point out
there's no scientific basis for their assertion the so-called symptoms of
ADHD are a genetically transmitted mental disorder----is "the absense of
evidence isn't evidence of absence"

Fuzzy Logic is used to defend the US War on Children---same as Fuzzy Logic
was employed by Rumsfield to defend the US unilateral war against Iraq.

You wouldn't know what the term "fuzzy logic" means.

You associate fuzzy with that wet feeling between your legs.
Of course it is exacerbated by hate and more hate. Don't worry, there are a
lot of people who get excited through masochistic and sadistic fantasies.

When you get an education try not to read any of your past writings. You
will be embarrassed.

Review: Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story (**) Steve Rhodes General 0 October 18th 05 11:21 PM
eScrew [email protected] Pregnancy 0 December 20th 04 11:07 AM
MMR - SCIENCE AND FICTION": the Richard Horton story john Kids Health 1 October 11th 04 09:47 PM
Review: Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 June 16th 04 01:02 AM
Birth story: very late and *extremely* long Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 14 December 13th 03 08:37 PM