origins of polio

Old December 8th 07, 02:17 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology
D. C. Sessions

Default origins of polio

In message lWZ3j.168$RB.157@trnddc03, Jeff wrote:

1962? That was before I was born. When was the last case of polio in the US?

Funny you should ask. This weekend I spoke with a gent who is one
of the youngest polio survivors in the USA. He's in his 50s and
came down with it in 1955, just weeks before the vaccines became
available in his area.

The residual effects aren't too limiting, but from the work he does
in the survivor community he knows what his future is like. Not
pretty, as aging starts to demand the "spares" that he already used
to make up for the damage done by the disease.

As noted, he's one of the youngest. Wonder where the ones younger
than him have gone, if it's still as prevalent as ever?

--
| Bogus as it might seem, people, this really is a deliverable |
| e-mail address. Of course, there isn't REALLY a lumber cartel. |
Old December 8th 07, 02:24 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology
D. C. Sessions

In message , Vaccine-man wrote:

The only
difference between the lots was that the one that caused polio didn't
have enough formalin in it.

See! PROOF!

The disease was caused by the introduction of antiformalin.
Chemical poisoning!

All we need to do to prevent polio, then, is dose people with
a steady prophylactic supply of formalin to counteract the
hideous effects of antiformalin. Big Pharma will utterly *love*
this, since it's a steady income in place of the once-in-a-lifetime
vaccine revenue.

It's a gold mine!

Old December 8th 07, 02:27 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology
D. C. Sessions

In message , Vaccine-man wrote:
On Nov 25, 9:28 pm, "Yuri Kuchinsky" wrote:

I don't buy your account of the Cutter incident.

It's not my account. What don't you "buy" about it?

It doesn't support his beliefs, so it has to be wrong.

The whole dirty business
stinks to high heaven. There's no silk purse in this sow's ear...

Personal incredulity and colorful metaphors are note the path to good
decisions.

Don't be silly. They're the bedrock basis for half
of MHA. Without them the newsgroup would shut down.

Old December 8th 07, 02:31 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology
D. C. Sessions

In message , Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:
"Vaccine-man" wrote in message

Sorry, no curve balls allowed. You stated that polio is most likely a
form of chemical poisoning (see your words above, preserved here for
posterity). Yet when two groups of people receive vaccines that only
differed in the amount of formalin (resulting in one with infectious
polio virus because of too little formalin), only those who received
the improperly prepared vaccine developed polio. There is no other
explanation but that polio virus causes polio.

I'm sure there are other explanations.

Logic is such a bitch, isn't it?

Does this mean that you will devote your life to finding that
other explanation and stop posting on the subject until you
do? (Sorry -- don't know what got into me there for a moment.)

Let's try again: is there any conceivable evidence that would cause
you to change your mind? Your above statement suggests that the
answer is, "no." As a childhood friend put it: "don't confuse me
with facts, my mind is made up."

Old December 8th 07, 02:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology
D. C. Sessions

In message , wrote:

"Official data have shown that the large-scale vaccinations undertaken
in the US have failed to obtain any significant improvement of the
diseases against which they were supposed to provide protection." --
Dr A. Sabin, developer of the Oral Polio vaccine.

Time to dust off the challenge again, I guess.

You pick the disease: measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, diphtheria,
tetanus, polio, HIB, varicella, pneumococcus, or hepatitis B.

You pick the country: anywhere that keeps ten years of records
before and after the introduction of mass vaccination.

Show us one (1) country where the disease didn't *decrease* strongly
subsequent to the vaccination program. If, as you tell us, the
disease is caused by the vaccine almost all of them should show an
actual _increase_. Piece of cake.

Eleven diseases, hundreds of countries. Even random chance should
turn up at least one, right?

Here's your chance to *prove* the doubters that you're right.
Go for it.

Old December 8th 07, 02:55 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology
D. C. Sessions

In message , Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:

I don't have the entire text of Dr. Sabin's speech.

Nevertheless, I'm not aware of a single case when a reputable alt site
posted a fake quote. Therefore, I give it a very high probability that this
particular quote from Dr. Sabin is valid.

And you know that the quotes aren't fake because you trust the sites.
However, twice now in this tread others have pointed out that quotes
you pass along from those oh-so-trustworthy alt sites don't seem to
exist anywhere else, including in Congressional records of the hearings
where one of them was supposedly presented.

That leaves me to ask: is there any conceivable set of facts that
would cause you to question the reliability of those alt sites?

Old December 8th 07, 03:56 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology
D. C. Sessions

In message , Peter Bowditch wrote:

Thank you, Jan. That is precisely the point I and others have been
making. Anti-vaccination liars claim that this quote is genuine, but
have not been able to prove it. As you so rightly put it they "still
cannot".

And what's more, can't even suggest a way to verify it.
It's like ascribing some authoritative statement to
the Easter Bunny and expecting people to be persuaded.

Old December 8th 07, 04:26 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health,sci.med.immunology
D. C. Sessions

In message , Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:

There's no evidence that this quote from Sabin is incorrect. I'm sorry it
doesn't fit into your world view, but it's not my fault...

I'm rather curious what you would consider "evidence" that someone
never said something. Let's use the hypothetical quote from Robert
S. Mendelsohn:

"You know, sometimes I have a hard time believing that my books sell
so well. I don't really believe what I was writing, but the publishers
love it, and so do the readers. After a while I got to wondering if
there was anything I could write or say that my readers wouldn't buy.
If there is, I never found it."

Now, please explain the standard of evidence that you expect others
to use to discredit the Sabin quote, and apply them to this one.

--
| Bogus as it might seem, people, this really is a deliverable |
| e-mail address. Of course, there isn't REALLY a lumber cartel. |
| There isn't really a Santa Claus, but try www.santaclaus.com. |

Origins of Halloween [email protected] General 1 October 21st 07 07:43 PM
History of polio Jeff Kids Health 1 May 24th 05 01:36 AM
Polio threat Mark Kids Health 2 August 25th 04 12:25 PM
Origins of "This little Piggy" laurie General 3 January 15th 04 03:43 AM