Will the my 2nd pregnancy last?

Old March 24th 08, 08:57 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
RHP2008

Default Will the my 2nd pregnancy last?

Hi All,

I am 27yrs old/4-10"/pregnant woman and my pregnancy is 8 weeks old. This is
my 2nd pregnancy .In my last Pregnancy Baby died (of age about weeks 28) due
to abnormal placenta growth and short FL. The last Ultrasound report in the
24th week: BPD was 61.1mm and FL 33.7 mm. The fetus/baby died by pre-mature
delivery on 11th November 2007. We did all the Test as recommended by
Gyno/doctor and all result are in our favor. We did the following tests if
any one wanted I can provide in more details.

1. Ultrasound Lower abdomen.
2. LUPUS Anticoagulant Study.
3. HB,TC,DC,PCV
4. Anti Cardiolipin antibody (IGG +IGM)
5. HBA1C
6. TORCH complex (IGG +IGM)
7. Biopsy
8. Renal Profile- III
9. Coagulation Profile.

Now my question is will the pregnancy last? If the pregnancy will held then
what are the chances that the child will live after birth. Now I am really
worried and before the visit to Gynae I want to get some knowledge from you
people...

Rita H.

Old March 24th 08, 10:43 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

I'm sorry about your first baby. My guess is that it was just a fluke, and
since it was just a fluke, you have the same chances of it happening this
time, which is not very great. It was just (bad) luck of the draw that it
happened to you the first time. Having had it happen the first time doesn't
make it any more likely to happen again, unless you have a chromosomal issue
that you are passing on.

With that, and all the tests that you have had done that came out okay, SO
FAR things look as good as possible for this pregnancy. But 8 weeks is way
to early to tell for sure if a pregnancy is going to last or not, and if the
baby will be born healthy or not. As scary as it is, to have a subsequent
pregnancy after experiencing a loss, it's just the way that it works. There
are no guarantees. This baby may well be perfectly healthy, or this baby
may have some sort of physical or chromosomal issues that aren't apparent
yet. You won't know until you either do some testing to find out,(CVS or
Amnio, Level II U/S) or until the baby is born.

But, all in all, so far so good, and that's really all you can ask for.
There are no guarantees in life, and especially not in pregnancy. BUT,
you've had one bad outcome, which makes the next pregnancy seem even more
risky, but in all likelyhood it's probably not. The chances of this
pregnancy going to term and resulting in a happy and healthy baby are good.

I know it's hard, but try not to stress or obsess about it. It doesn't do
any good, and doesn't change the outcome. Instead, try to celebrate each
day that you are still pregnant, and have faith that if this is meant to be,
then it will be. Hugs.

--

Jamie Clark

Old March 25th 08, 07:21 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
RHP2008

Hello Dr. Jamie,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Could you please also let me know what are the extra precaution/diet/medicine
should I adopt for this pregnancy and when should I go for 1st USG.

Thanks & Regards,
Rita . H

Old March 25th 08, 05:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

Eat sensibly. Don't drink alcohol or take drugs. Eat lots of fresh fruits
and veggies. If you have severe morning sickness, just eat what you can
stand, and don't fret about it. If that means you eat nothing but bagels or
french fries for a few days, then so be it. Once your morning sickness goes
away you can get back on the healthier bandwagon.

In general, doctors recommend against most medications except Tylenol (I
think) and Benedryl. Take a good prenatal. If it makes you feel queasy,
take it at night before you go to bed. Take a stool softener such as
Colace.

I'm sure your doctor has a standard recommended timeframe for various
testing options, including the level II u/s.
--

Jamie Clark