Autism/ADD/ADHD Cure?

Old February 19th 07, 09:28 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med,alt.support.autism,misc.kids.health
JohnDoe

Default Autism/ADD/ADHD Cure?

wrote:
Pumpkin wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Peter Bowditch wrote:

wrote:

Peter, it must be very claustophobic living with such a narrow-mind.

You clearly have no idea and no experience of being a parent to an ASD
child.
Therefore I am wasting my time on you.

Oh please, you are the narrow minded one. Are you trying to speak for all
parents whose child has been diagnosed ASD? I am one and happen to agree
with Peter. Why don't you ask your kids what they think? Or just wait
until they are teens or adults and can see the 'treatments' and wasted time
for what it is. Your kids will only remember that they weren't accepted for
who they are by parents who needed to fix them.

Who said anything about not accepting them? If you just want to sit
and accept that your child can not be helped, that's your perogative.
I am at least willing to be open-minded. How am I narrow-minded?

I for one will do all I can to ensure I have done all I can to help my
child...naturally, not through drugs.

So you're not doing all you can. You are excluding a priori a mode of
treatment. That *is* narrow minded. And possibly harming the child.

If he's only really healthy as
an outcome, that's fine. Already we have seen a change for the better
in him. Less melt-downs, calmer.

In how much time? Improvement often comes over time, treatment or not.
You can only know for sure if the treatment has been researched, double
blind, with a control group. Something which is routinely *not* done
with 'natural' cures.

The mind boggles at people only to willing to criticise something they
know so little about.

Why would you do that?

Yes, why would you not use drugs for treatment? The mind does indeed
boggle from such closed mindness.

No, my children will not see it all as wasted time. I am raising
children who are appreciative and understand that when you love
someone, you will do anything to help them. That's not my children
you are speaking of. Again, you are speaking about something you know
nothing about.

You seem to know a lot about people who you've never met.