US Atty Genl to 'quackbust' CSICOP 'skeptics'? (For PJ Lisa via Tim Bolen)

Old July 8th 03, 08:20 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default US Atty Genl to 'quackbust' CSICOP 'skeptics'? (For PJ Lisa via Tim Bolen)

First things first...

PREGNANT WOMEN: MDs are closing birth canals up to 30%. It's EASY to allow
your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%!

Just roll onto your side as you push your baby out! BUT - see WARNING,
WARNING, WARNING, below...

PJ LISA (via Tim Bolen), please see my Open Letter to you below... Tim
mentioned US ATTORNEY GENERAL JOHN ASHCROFT...

ATTENTION US ATTORNEY GENERAL JOHN ASHCROFT (via ): ALERT!
*Massive* obvious MD crime is being committed in American hospitals...
MD-obstetricians are *still* tying babies to boards for American medicine's
grisly ("babies can't feel pain") most frequent surgical behavior toward
males. Atty Genl John, you could INSTANTLY stop infant screams of agony and
save America $200 million dollars per year...PRESERVE the surgery as a
choice American males can make in adulthood...and ultimately save America
BILLIONS of dollars per year...

See Sen. Frist, infant penis care, dead babies - and AHRQ 'in-hospital
safety events'
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=B6mOa.32328
%24C83.2774415%40newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net

See also: Flip women over, reach in vagina, *pull* on sacrum during MRI!
(Attorney General John: See below for a substantial excerpt of this post.)
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=nChNa.79221
%24Io.7267953%40newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net

ATTY GENL JOHN: Please contact all 50 state attorney generals. If you
remain silent you will be denying babies the protection of child abuse
statutes in all 50 states. See ALERT above.

CHIROPRACTIC SILENCE As American MDs commit obvious spinal manipulation
crime against babies (see "Flip women over, reach in vagina," URL above),
chiropractors are mysteriously silent - just like they are mysteriously
silent about the fact that the US Supreme Court let Judge Susan Getzendanner
deny chiropractors protection of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act. See my Open
Letter to PJ Lisa below.

Atty Genl John, chiropractic silence MAY have something to do with
chiropractors being embarrassed about a rather obvious ongoing radiation
crime (x-ray/subluxation Medicare healthfraud)...

See Ufberg, Calif. Chiro Bd perpetuate DC radiation fraud
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=JRoW6.907%2
4dj3.71132%40dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net

I'm still hoping ACA leaders will simply admit the rather inocuous obvious
ongoing x-ray/subluxation Medicare healthfraud and publicly urge an end to
obvious mass gruesome spinal manipulation of babies by MDs.

I will again cc ACA Chairman Jim Edwards, DC - and ACA State Delegates -
including and especially ACA's Idaho Delegate Henry West, DC
) who was once (and may still be) chairman of Idaho's
chiropractic board which is *supposed* to stop illegal radiation frauds
committed by chiropractors and (one would think) at least WRITE to Idaho's
counterpart medical board about the obvious mass gruesome spinal
manipulation of babies by MDs. I mentioned Henry in "Ufberg, Calif. Chiro
Bd perpetuate DC radiation fraud" (URL above)...

Onward to my Open Letter to PJ Lisa (via Tim Bolen)...

OPEN LETTER (archived for global access***)

PJ Lisa
Author
Assault on Medical Freedom
(via Tim Bolen )

PJ,

Tim Bolen recently wrote:

"I'm working with P. J. (Joe) Lisa to re-publish his 1995 book 'Assault on
Medical Freedom'...The quackbuster operation in North America is simply a
scam devised around the time the American Medical Association lost a Federal
Court Case to the Chiropractors in 1987." [ See The Quackbuster's Newest
Scam - "Operation Cure-All"...Opinion by Consumer Advocate Tim Bolen, July
7th, 2003]

Tim Bolen should start mentioning CSICOP - the Committee for the Scientific
Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal...

CSICOP Chairman Kurtz explains that CSICOP got involved in quackbusting
because "scientific medicine" (the AMA) did not "enter the fray," as in,

"Because [AMA has] not entered the fray, we [many of us associated with the
skeptics movement] have taken the initiative...to defend the integrity and
the importance of
scientific medicine (p. 15)..." (See PS1 below.)

The AMA ***WON*** "the fray" - in a big way.

The AMA did lose its appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court in the Wilk v. AMA
case...

But - as the AMA attorneys noted - AMA had lost the battle - but won the
war...

In denying the AMA's appeal, the U.S. Supreme Court in effect reversed
itself
and allowed AMA to use the Seventh Circuit's "frontal assault" on the
Sherman Act to perpetuate - via "individual decisions" - organized
medicine's monopolization of the nation's hospitals.

This matter was discussed - albeit lamely - by ACA General Counsel George
McAndrews (and Ryan)
in "Hospital
Monopolization May Be Next Legal Target" [ACA Journal of Chiropractic.
(Sep)1988:25-30]

McAndrews and Ryan [1988] noted that the U.S. Supreme
Court had said that the Seventh Circuit's "patient care defense" tool was
"nothing less than a frontal assault on the basic policy of the Sherman
Act." (p. 28) (NOTE, this
is McAndrews and Ryan [1988] quoting "the Court" - I am fairly sure from the
context that "the Court" means the U.S. Supreme Court.)

Then, two years after publication of McAndrews and Ryan's 1988
article, the U.S. Supreme Court ALLOWED "nothing less than a frontal assault
on the basic policy of the
Sherman Act."

In other words, chiropractors were not protected by the Sherman Act!!!

The US Supreme Court rubberstamped Judge Getzendanner denying chiropractors
protection of the Sherman Act!

Before the US Supreme Court's rubberstamping, McAndrews and Ryan [1988]
wrote (after Judge Getzendanner's decision):

"It is no wonder, then, that [counsel for some medical societies]...have
reportedly advised accomplishing the same ends by diversified local
conspiracies rather than the nationwide conspiracy before the Court in
Wilk." (p. 28)

Why SHOULDN'T attorneys for some medical societies advise "diversified local
conspiracies"? After all, Judge Getzendanner had
said that MDs and hospitals could make "individual decisions" to screw
chirpractors to maintain the hospital monopoly...

After the US Supreme Court rubberstamped Judge Getzendanner's/the Seventh
Circuit's reversal of the US Supreme Court (which the US Supreme Court later
went along with!), why should *federal agencies* treat chiropractors any
better than the U.S. Supreme Court
treats chiropractors?

The take home lesson for chiropractors is: Even when lawsuits are termed
"wins" by ACA presidents, we cannot be sure they are *truly* "wins."

I should add that McAndrews and Ryan [1988] quietly noted that they *had*
tried to tell Judge Getzendanner about the U.S. Supreme Court's take on the
matter, as in,

"[Judge Getzendanner] noted that the Wilk plaintiffs urged that Indiana
Dentists eliminates the patient care defense created by the Seventh
Circuit...[but]...the judge...felt constrained to follow the Seventh
Circuit's mandate." (p. 28)

Constrained by WHAT?!

Why didn't McAndrews and Ryan offer in their 1988 ACA Journal article some
EXPLANATION as to why Judge Getzendanner "felt constrained" to follow the
Seventh Circuit's "frontal assault" on the Sherman Act - instead of the U.S.
Supreme Court which had *called* it a "frontal assault"??

Deep in the bowels of their article, McAndrews and Ryan [1988] said that the
Seventh Circuit had "amended the Sherman Act" by "overrul[ing Supreme
Court] Justice Brandeis and the voluminous consistent decisions following
his mandate." (p. 27)

Why didn't McAndrews and Ryan focus in their *title* on the fact that
Judge Getzendanner had just ignored the U.S. Supreme Court by adopting
something the U.S. Supreme Court itself had called a "frontal assault" on
the Sherman Act??

McAndrews and Ryan's 1988 article *SHOULD* have been titled: "Judge
Getzendanner IGNORES U.S. SUPREME COURT: Allows Organized Medicine's
Hospital Monopoly to Continue: Allows Organized Medicine a 'FRONTAL
ASSAULT' on the Sherman Act so that MDs can Continue to HAMMER DCs
Economically..."

The truth *was* in the long article - but who reads long articles??

Thanks for reading,

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS1 Tim Bolen says of his newsletter (quoted above): "The focus of the
newsletter is on the ongoing activities, battles, politics, and the
victories won by members of the 'Health Freedom Movement' against the
'quackbusters'..."
http://www.quackpo****ch.org/default.htm (Click on "Latest Newsletter")

Tim Bolen (or a man calling himself Tim Bolen) telephoned me a couple of
years back after Aaron Fox, PhD fled from the misc.health.alternative usenet
newsgroup. He said something about the people at Columbia University
thinking him to be me...

I had recently exposed Aaron, a member of the Columbia University faculty,
as a fraudulent quackbuster "skeptic" not interested in busting obvious
rampant quackery in American hospitals.

See 'Skeptic' Aaron 'stalks' himself, substantial excerpt below...

(NOTE: I say "Tim Bolen (or a man calling himself Tim Bolen)" because I
have yet to see Tim Bolen mention the cowardly behavior of fraudulent
"Quackbuster" Aaron Fox, PhD. I have nothing against "quackbusting" - as
long as *both* sides of the MD/non-MD fence are worked to help consumers -
especially the tiniest consumers. Tim, if you are reading, have you
published ANYTHING about MDs senselessly closing birth canals and
senselessly slashing penises and vaginas, etc. as "quackbusters" ignore the
obvious crime? If not, in this regard, you are no better than the
"quackbusters" you attack...)

BEGIN substantial excerpt of 'Skeptic' Aaron 'stalks' himself/'Skeptic'

Aaron WELL connected (Milbank Memorial Fund)
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=R9ki5.272%2
4UF.108427%40paloalto-snr2.gtei.net

FACT: "Quackbuster" Aaron - with all his "beauty" and "intelligence" - is a
FOLLOWER of a fraudulent cause led by his CSICOP MD "quackdaddies"...

I have NO evidence that Aaron is a PAID follower of CSICOP MD
"quackdaddies".

But here is a post that quotes Aaron's now-deleted posts from back when he
began promoting his CSICOP MD "quackdaddy" Stephen Barrett, MD...

See Fox to sue?/When Fox started 'quackbusting'/Linguist Fox got his tenses
tangled
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=kNOc4.459%2
4q5.17338%40dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net

Interestingly, CSICOP "Quackbuster" Wallace Sampson, MD spoke for all of
CSICOP ("We at CSICOP...are indebted") in the Introduction to:

Sampson W and Vaughn L (eds). Science [sic] Meets Alternative Medicine: What
the [sic] Evidence Says About Unconventional Medicine. Amherst, New York:
Prometheus 2000.

In the first chapter of Science [sic] Meets Alternative Medicine,
CSICOP Chairman Paul Kurtz mentions the AMA and "scientific medicine":

"...We...are suddenly faced with the extraordinary growth of alternative
therapies, often in competition with scientific medicine..." (p. 14)

CSICOP Chairman Kurtz explains why CSICOP got involved - inferring that the
AMA stands for "scientific medicine":

"Because [AMA has] not entered the fray, we [many of us associated with the
skeptics movement] have taken the initiative...to defend the integrity and
the importance of
scientific medicine (p. 15)..."

Two pages later, CSICOP Chairman Kurtz indirectly makes the CRUCIAL
distinction between scientific medicine (a very small part of medicine) and
orthodox medicine (most of medicine).

CSICOP Chairman Kurtz writes:

"Skeptics should not seek to defend the medical profession per
se...[A]lternative medicine now challenges the medical profession...[W]e
need to evaluate...[the claims of both] orthodox...[and]...alternative
medicine." (p. 17)

CSICOP Chairman Kurtz, this last statement of yours is dynamite.

I submit the following claim for CSICOP evaluation:

Most of the medical profession is "alt.med" (unproven) - criminally so - and
"Skeptic" Aaron and CSICOP MD "quackbusters" mysteriously fail to quackbust
this major quackery.

See...

*MOST* MD behaviors are "alt.med"/unproven (criminally so) - numerically
speaking
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=020810d4.9f
d975c2%40usw-ex0101-007.remarq.com

MD slaps RN/Two MDs on nurse practitioners (Clergyman Harris and High Priest
Borao)
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=5qog5.917%2
4DA4.309246%40dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net

CSICOP is the acronym for a now-independent spin-off from the American
Humanist Association - the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of
Claims of the Paranormal.

Paul Kurtz is not only Chairman of CSICOP, he is President of Prometheus
Books which publishes some of CSICOP MD "quackdaddy" Barrett's books - as
well as publishing the book edited by CSICOP "quackdaddy" Wallace Sampson,
MD.
http://www.csicop.org/articles/mediacracy/

Paul Kurtz is also "Professor Emeritus of Philosophy at the State University
of New York at Buffalo" and "Professor of Philosophy at SUNY at Buffalo."
(The two titles are probably legitimately interchangeable.)
http://www.csicop.org/articles/mediacracy/

One last note for CSICOP Chairman Prof. Kurtz...

After I quoted the most politically powerful man in medicine - AAMC Pres.
Jordan J. Cohen, MD - in Academic Medicine: False Medicare Claims...
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=7YZh5.328%2
4NI2.193576%40dfiatx1-snr1.gtei.net

I looked into Dr. Cohen's academic history.

I found that AAMC Pres. Dr. Cohen used to teach at SUNY Brockport Health...

It turns out that one Daniel M. Fox, PhD (could this be "Skeptic" Aaron's
dad?) also taught at SUNY Brockport Health - at the same time as Dr.
Cohen...

"Skeptic" Aaron once said his Harvard PhD dad taught history "for decades"
at a medical school in the SUNY system.

As far as I could tell from the directories held by Portland State
University, Daniel M. Fox, PhD taught at Harvard around 1970 - then
disappeared from the directories - then reappeared - and
taught/administrated at most for 15 years at SUNY Brockport Health Science -
which hardly qualifies as "decades."

If Daniel M. Fox, PhD is "Skeptic" Aaron's father, perhaps Dr. Daniel M. Fox
taught at other medical schools in the SUNY system and accumulated "decades"
in the SUNY system that way - or perhaps the son was just embellishing as
son's often do.

Or perhaps Daniel M. Fox, PhD is not "Skeptic" Aaron's father.

Then again, there was this...

"...Daniel M. Fox is President of the Milbank Memorial Fund and Professor of
Social Sciences in Medicine at the State University of New York,
Stonybrook."
http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/5834.html

....which matches "Skeptic" Aaron's boast (already quoted):

"I happen to know the current editor of the Milbank Quarterly quite well, by
the way."
http://www.remarq.com/read/14325/q_ebbKuPARuIAAAAA ---DELETED

And there is the matter of Aaron's claim that his mother is a Harvard PhD
nurse involved in hospice (home?) care...

I'm going to go out on a limb here (and put on the subject line): "Skeptic"
Aaron is WELL connected (Milbank Memorial Fund).

Even if I'm wrong - Milbank Memorial Fund should be apprised of what
"Skeptic" Aaron is lying and censoring to cover-up - as MDs lie and mothers
and babies suffer en masse and sometimes die...

CSICOP Chair Kurtz and Vern Bullough are both at SUNY Buffalo - and Bonnie
Bullough (Vern's wife?) is Dean of Nursing at SUNY Buffalo.

I would be surprised if the Harvard PhD NURSE wife (of the
15-years-at-SUNY-cum-Milbank President) did not know - and perhaps interact
socially with - the CSICOP SUNY Buffalo PhDs - one a Dean of Nursing (I'm
assuming Bonnie has a PhD)...

I guess it really doesn't matter - but the thought occurred to me because
(as I noted above), Skeptic" Aaron said:

"[L]et a few of us skeptics post our thoughts...'"
Aaron A. Fox, PhD
http://www.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=515979250 --DELETED by Aaron

And Head Skeptic Kurtz said:

"[AMA has] not entered the fray...[so many of us associated with the
skeptics movement] have taken the initiative..."
--CSICOP Chairman Paul Kurtz

END substantial excerpt of 'Skeptic' Aaron 'stalks' himself/'Skeptic'

Aaron WELL connected (Milbank Memorial Fund)
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=R9ki5.272%2
4UF.108427%40paloalto-snr2.gtei.net

I note that Australian "Skeptic" Peter Bowditch is speculating that Tim
Bolen is "dreaming" about CSICOP...
http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/strange/timoranter.htm

No need for Tim Bolen to "dream" about CSICOP and quackbuster fraud - CSICOP
is wholeheartedly supporting obviously fraudulent "quackbusters."

PS2 ATTORNEY GENERAL JOHN ASHCROFT

Tim Bolen said in his most recent newsletter (cited above) that he will need
to involve you in stopping fraudulent quackbusters:
"What we'll probably have to do is to get a RICO/Civil rights, and
Conspiracy to Violate Civil Rights, action, going against those controlling
and manipulating it, and those FTC, FDA, and Operation Cure-All employees
involved in the scam. We'll need to get Attorney General John Ashcroft
involved in this, as well as FDA Internal Affairs, and the Inspector General
at the FTC."

Attorney General John, you need to get involved NOW (as does Tim) in
stopping obvious MD criminal activity in hospitals.

See PREGNANT WOMEN: WARNING, WARNING, WARNING, below...

BEGIN substantial excerpt of Flip women over, reach in vagina, *pull* on

sacrum during MRI!
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=nChNa.79221
%24Io.7267953%40newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net

NEW MRI: "ENOUGH ROOM FOR A PHYSICIAN TO STAND ON EITHER SIDE OF THE
PATIENT AND PERFORM TESTS"

According to the American Roentgen Ray Society, a new MRI system came out in
1998 (?) and Dr. Gabrielle Bergman, section chief for muscoskeletal
radiology at Stanford University Hospital in Stanford, CA said there is
"enough room for a physician to stand on either side of the patient to
perform tests" and the unit is equipped with a screen so that "physicians in
the scanner can see the MR images as they appear. There is about a
1.5-second delay, she said."
http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/6ef2e.htm

I mentioned this new MRI in my first "MRI sex" post copied to various Swiss
MRI researchers....

See MRI sex (also: Whiplash/Boob job fictions?)
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=KInn9.8739%
24OB5.866576%40newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net

I'll copy the Swiss MRI researchers a third time...

And I'll copy the folks at Stanford to whom I also copied my first MRI sex
post: ,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,

OPEN LETTER (archived for global access***)

Prof. Jim Thornton
Editor-in-Chief
British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology/BJOG
27 Sussex Place
London NW1 4RG

Jim,

Thanks for acknowledging receipt of "Gastaldo to delight BJOG editor
Thornton"...
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=hCIKa.13893
%24C83.1321663%40newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net

Here again is that KEY quote from my "rambling" letter to you...

Harvard obstetrician/anthropologist Arthur B Emmons noted in 1913:

"[M]oving backward of the tip of the sacrum...enlarges the available space
not merely directly in proportion to the distance backward, but more nearly
by the square of that distance." [Emmons, AB. A study of the variations in
the female pelvis, based on observations made on 217 specimens of the
American Indian squaw. Biometrika 1913; 9:34-47.]

Jim, with OBs placing women on their sacra, they are REDUCING the available
space at the pelvic outlet!

Jim, thanks for your apology - complete with smiley face icon - but it
wasn't your "rambling" comment that bothered me.

What bothered me was your implication that you had not received from me: 1)
a SHORT letter indicating that your fellow OBs are senselessly closing birth
canals followed by 2) x-ray and and clinical EVIDENCE that your fellow OBs
are not only senselessly closing birth canals - but lying to cover-up...

Your humorous apology and your second "keep it short and evidence based"
plea STILL imply that you have not received a short letter and EVIDENCE to
back up my claims.

I think you are behaving this way 1) because you are an OB and you do not
wish to acknowledge obvious OB crime (perhaps you did semisitting and dorsal
deliveries?); and 2) because you have co-authored papers with influential OB
RJ Lilford who used radiation in an attempt to cover-up the obvious OB
crime.

See again: Gastaldo to delight BJOG editor Thornton...
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=hCIKa.13893
%24C83.1321663%40newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net

As I've previously noted, you are employing editorial stuffiness to delay
taking action to stop the obvious MD crime: You don't need a paper from me
before taking action to help babies.

Which brings me back to the subject line of this post...

GOOD NEWS JIM! In preparing to write the paper you are standing by to
receive, I came across FURTHER evidence of medicine's ongoing attempt to
cover-up the obvious OB crime.

I wrote a short letter to the editor - and copied it to you...

See MRI sex again (also: Breech baby: Is planned caesarean safer?)
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...lm=095Na.77869
%24Io.7224047%40newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net

Here - again - is my short letter to the editor to you...followed by my
usual "rambling" presentation of evidence supporting my claims...

BREECH BABY: IS PLANNED CAESAREAN SAFER?

OPEN LETTER (archived for global access***)

Prof. Jim Thornton
Editor-in-Chief
British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology/BJOG
27 Sussex Place
London NW1 4RG

To the Editor:

Rietberg et al. [1] offer evidence that term-breech-presentation-planned
caesareans may prevent a "twofold
increase in mortality, a sevenfold increase in low Apgar score and a
threefold increase in birth trauma" (relative to breech vaginal deliveries
or breech emergency caesareans).

Rietberg et al. did not mention birth position.

Nordström [2] writes, "The standard maternal position during the second
stage is lying on her back" - yet there is clinical and x-ray evidence
(summarized by Gastaldo [3]) that "lying on her back"
and semisitting delivery positions close the birth canal significantly.

Michel et al. [4] offer magnetic resonance imaging evidence that "lying on
her back" and semisitting delivery positions close the birth canal
significantly.

If the Rietberg et al. study included term breech vaginal deliveries (woman
"lying on her back" or semisitting), some of the adverse outcomes
may have derived - not from vaginal delivery - but from birth canals
senselessly being closed significantly due to medicine's irrational birth
behavior.

Dr. Todd Gastaldo
22115 NW Imbrie Dr.
Hillsboro, Oregon