my daughter has a bed wetting problem!

Old January 19th 07, 03:21 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Default my daughter has a bed wetting problem!

im trying to help my daughter she is about 17(mo) now and im trying to
get her potty trained, i think it is to early to start her potty
training if you would like to put it in that term. but my husband Rick
has been no help to any of this, we keep on having to buy Sammantha (my
daughter) bed wetting sheets and there not working it still goes
through the sheets.

is it too earlie?

am i doing something wronge?

--Allice L.

Old January 19th 07, 03:42 AM posted to misc.kids
deja.blues

wrote in message
ups.com...
im trying to help my daughter she is about 17(mo) now

You don't know exactly how old she is??

d im trying to
get her potty trained, i think it is to early to start her potty
training if you would like to put it in that term.

Uh, yeah..she is barely a year and a half old old, way too early. ;-/

but my husband Rick
has been no help to any of this,

Hi Rick!

we keep on having to buy Sammantha

Hi Sammantha (someone likes Ms)

(my
daughter) bed wetting sheets

Can't you wash them? What are bedwetting sheets anyway? Surely they must be
washable! Disposable sheets? Joy!

and there not working it still goes
through the sheets.

is it too earlie?

am i doing something wronge?

--Allice L.

You need to take Trolling 101.

Old January 20th 07, 10:57 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Alice,

17 months is definitely NOT too early to train your daughter.

I say this in all kindness and concern: bedwetting is a sign of
emotional problems (very easily resolved problems-don't worry), not a
sign of her not being ready to train.

You can easily remedy this. I think I see where your daughter's
anxieties are stemming from. You seem to be in disagreement with your
husband. THIS is why she is wetting her bed at night. There is, if
I'm correct, tension in the evenings between you two parents, causing
anxiety in your daughter concerning this. YOU MUST, repeat must stick
together. If he is adamant about training her, don't "die on this
hill". Work with him. One of the best, most supporting things you
both can do is get involved in a church small group for young parents.
You WILL find wives who have struggled the same way. Don't worry you
can get through this. As you two stand together, she will train
quickly. Hang in there! "..There is victory in the presence of many
advisors (much counsel).."

In love,
~dflint

Old January 21st 07, 02:51 AM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

I wouldn't stress about this. Put on pull ups and not make it a big
deal. Make the time very positive for her to be excited. A lot of
children wet the bed for years and its pretty normal. Its just not
something talked about.

-

Old January 22nd 07, 11:18 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On Jan 18, 8:21 pm, wrote:
im trying to help my daughter she is about 17(mo) now and im trying to
get her potty trained, i think it is to early to start her potty
training if you would like to put it in that term. but my husband Rick
has been no help to any of this, we keep on having to buy Sammantha (my
daughter) bed wetting sheets and there not working it still goes
through the sheets.

is it too earlie?

am i doing something wronge?

--Allice L.

I totally disagree with d.flint1. I am 42 years old and have 3
children, my grils are 20 and 21 and my son is 11. All 3 of my kids
were potty trained by the time they were 2 years old, my son was potty
train by 19 months. I, however, was much differant. I am the youngest
of 5 and have nothing by wonderful happy memories of my childhood. But
I wet the bed until I was 10 years old. I'm sure my parents did
everything to try and stop the problem. But I never had any pressure
placed on me. My siblings, who also love me very much, but they were
kids, would pick on me. i have no horrible memories of being picked
on, I do remember them saying that I was just lazy. But that wasn't
true. My parents got this machine that would shock me (lightly) and a
very loud alarm would go off. The very first night I was sound asleep
and i woke to the sound of my dad laughing. I opened my eyes and there
he waas standing over me along with the rest of my family. The alarm
had woke the entire family (except me). I had wet the bed, been
shocked, and set off tnhe alarm, but I slept rite through it. My dad
thought that was so funny. My only problem was that I was a very heavy
sleeper. Anyways, about a year later, at a routine check up, my mom
told my dr. that I was still wetting the bed. He told me that whenever
I had the urge to go #1 (during the day), to hold it as long as I
possibly could. He thought I had a small bladder and that if i held
it, it would expand it. IT WORKED. i can't remember how long it took,
but not very. i know your daughter is much too young too expect that
of her. i just wanted to let you know that bed wetting is NOT a sign
of anything. The only time it is a sign of something wrong, is when
the child is already potty trained and then regresses back to accidents
( and not just one or two). Your daughter, in my opinion, is too
young. She'll be ready when she's ready. There is no time frame for
this. Nut definately do not put any extra pressure on her, you, or
your husband. Just buy some more diapers, try again in a few months
and don't compare her to the other kids. Because she's not the other
kids, she's yours.