Hunger

Old May 14th 04, 09:01 PM
Shannon

Default Hunger

hi everyone,

ok...so this is my first month TTC and I'm just a tad bit excited about
all of this. I know I really should just relax because this could take
a while but I'm excited regardless. I think that I should be excited
though, I am about to embark on a very life changing experience.

Anyway, that was just me justifying my reason for asking a really silly
question.

Here it goes..

By any chance is hunger a sign of pregnancy? For the past 2 days I
have been EXTREMLEY hungry. Actually to clarify...I'm not hungry for a
few hours and then suddenly I am so hungry I am feeling faint and I
feel huge hungre pangs. I eat and then immediately feel better. A few
hours later the same thing happens.

I am hoping this might be a sign, otherwise I think I may need to look
into this more since it is kind of strange for me....

--
Shannon

Please remove -NO SPAM from email address to email me personally.

Old May 14th 04, 09:23 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Shannon wrote:

By any chance is hunger a sign of pregnancy? For the past 2 days I have
been EXTREMLEY hungry. Actually to clarify...I'm not hungry for a few
hours and then suddenly I am so hungry I am feeling faint and I feel
huge hungre pangs. I eat and then immediately feel better. A few hours
later the same thing happens.

I am hoping this might be a sign, otherwise I think I may need to look
into this more since it is kind of strange for me....

As with all pregnancy symptoms, the answer is pretty
much maybe, maybe not ;-) However, for *me* hunger was
definitely a sign. I was *ravenous* in early pregnancy.
The third time around, a friend actually guessed I was
pregnant because I was eating so much and just never seemed
to get enough ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old May 14th 04, 09:29 PM
Tori M.

I dont know if it is a common symptom but that happened to me ALL the time
in the first trimester with this baby. I would eat a good sit down stuff
yourself full meal then 2-3 hours later I would be STARVING. This is not
common for me at all. Normaly I am a 2 meal a day kinda girl and I am not
normaly all that hungry by meal 2 even if I had not snacked. I was really
thinking I was diabetic or something for a little while.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Anna or Xavier due 10/17/04

Old May 14th 04, 09:31 PM
Leslie

By any chance is hunger a sign of pregnancy?

For me, unfortunately, yes! ;-p

Leslie
Old May 14th 04, 11:07 PM
Amy

This was a sign for me with my first pg, not so much ravenous hunger, but a
feeling of light-headedness if I didn't eat often enough, something that
went away with so much as a lolly or two, so I think I had low blood sugar.
Mind you, I didn't find out I was pg then until about 8-9 weeks, so the
symptoms I was getting by then were not early pg signs by most people's
standards.

Old May 15th 04, 12:30 AM
Katie

On Fri, 14 May 2004 16:01:09 -0400, Shannon
wrote:

snip

By any chance is hunger a sign of pregnancy?

It definitely was for me. That's how my mom guessed I was pregnant.
I had picked her up at the ferry when she came for a visit and we were
walking to my car when I casually mentioned that I'd like to go
somewhere for lunch because I was starving and said that I'd been
really hungry a lot lately. She stopped dead in her tracks and
grabbed my arm and just stared at me. I couldn't keep a straight face
and had to burst out and tell her (I hadn't been planning on giving
her the good news in the middle of a parking lot but I don't think she
was going to complain LOL). She didn't know that there was a baby
anywhere on the horizon so it's not like she was expecting it.

Sending baby vibes your way!

Katie
Old May 15th 04, 02:10 PM
Sophie

"Leslie" wrote in message
By any chance is hunger a sign of pregnancy?

For me, unfortunately, yes! ;-p

Leslie

Lol, same here. Definitely this time.

Old May 17th 04, 07:52 PM
Shannon

Old May 17th 04, 08:00 PM
Shannon

On 2004-05-14 16:01:09 -0400, Shannon said:

hi everyone,

ok...so this is my first month TTC and I'm just a tad bit excited about
all of this. I know I really should just relax because this could take
a while but I'm excited regardless. I think that I should be excited
though, I am about to embark on a very life changing experience.

Anyway, that was just me justifying my reason for asking a really silly
question.

Here it goes..

By any chance is hunger a sign of pregnancy? For the past 2 days I
have been EXTREMLEY hungry. Actually to clarify...I'm not hungry for a
few hours and then suddenly I am so hungry I am feeling faint and I
feel huge hungre pangs. I eat and then immediately feel better. A few
hours later the same thing happens.

I am hoping this might be a sign, otherwise I think I may need to look
into this more since it is kind of strange for me....

I did an early pregnancy test at 10dpo and nothing yet. It put my mind
at ease though. I don't mind just waiting over the next week.

Old May 17th 04, 08:26 PM
Welches

Sophie wrote in message

"Leslie" wrote in message
By any chance is hunger a sign of pregnancy?

For me, unfortunately, yes! ;-p

Leslie

Lol, same here. Definitely this time.

I was starving for about 2 days-then ms set in and I couldn't face food for
the rest of pregnancy.
Debbie