Regarding Subject: Can i be pregnant and not know?

Old March 4th 04, 10:25 PM
Vicki S

Default Regarding Subject: Can i be pregnant and not know?

"FireStrike" wrote
I am new here. my name is jennifer. We are trying to get pregnant.

Just
started 2nd week of feb. I had been on the pill and stopped. I had a

little
spotting last week. I am just wondering if i could be pregnant. My

monthly
friend is due next weekend but i am not bloated like i have always

been
usualy the week before. I do have tenderness in my chest but am not

sure
because i do usualy get that when i am due.Any help would be great. I

don't
think i could get pregnant that fast but is it possible? thanks

Almost no one knows at the moment they get pregnant, that they are
pregnant. Most (not all) women go a few weeks between conception and
symptoms that least to a desire to test. I was six weeks and a few
days pregnant with my third when I thought to test. Even women who
are trying hard to get pregnant (and are eagerly awaiting the day they
can test and have any chance of getting a positive) have to wait
around 10 to 14 days to test -- and many have no symptons in that time
of waiting.

So yes, you most certainly could be pregnant. You stopped using birth
control and kept having sex, and that's the generally preferred
method. ;-)

The symptoms you describe above could be pregnancy symptoms, or not.
Every pregnancy is different. Someone here can tell you (or the web
has the info I'm sure) which tests are known to be the most sensitive.
If you are curious you can try to pick up a few of the most sensitive
urine tests and give one a try today. If it comes up positive,
congratulations! They pretty much never show false positives. If it
comes up negative, that's different. Either you are too early for the
test to register, or you aren't pregnant. You can wait a while (till
your period is due is probably best, but as long as you can stand to
wait isn't bad) and test again.

I wish you the very best, and the results you hope for!

--
-- Vicki
Married DH May 21, 1995. Ima shel DS, born 11/16/99; DD, born at