Why a Son Needs a Dad

Old March 13th 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Some Where

Default Why a Son Needs a Dad

http://markbrudnak.com

I thought you all would enjoy seenig how I parent my son. Feel free to suggest ideas.

Thanks!

http://markbrudnak.com
Old March 13th 07, 04:06 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
'Kate[_2_]

X-no archive:yes

Some Where wrote:
http://markbrudnak.com

I thought you all would enjoy seenig how I parent my son. Feel free to suggest ideas.

Thanks!

http://markbrudnak.com

That was really nice... but I feel a bit deprived. I don't know the
Crawdad Song.

Now... on the stats posted on the Wisconsin Site, be cautioned about
reading into them what the website states. Very few teens are
hospitalized for psychiatric care so 84% is still a very low number. The
reasons may very well have more to do with a lack of income, living in a
neighborhood with fewer advantages, and how society treats/views single
parent families than the lack of a second parent in the home.

In addition, the primary caretaker must be stable, non-substance
abusing, reliable, and have the ability to provide for the child not
only financially but emotionally, and physically. Divorce care currently
consists of a short parenting class that is less about the needs of the
child than a warning to parents not to put the child in the middle of an
emotionally volatile situation. Also, the parent who is not primary
caretaker must have the same qualities including the ability to visit on
a reliable schedule so that the child doesn't wait, disappointed, week
after week.

Some families experience problems before splitting up that are harmful
to the growth and development of children.

I think you have to take these statistics with a grain of salt and just
keep doing what you're doing, being a loving, caring, nurturing, strong
father in your son's life. Your love for him beams from that webpage.
He's one lucky young man. I hope we see you back with pictures of him
when he's a teen and young adult that display those same feelings.
Kudos, dad.

'Kate
Old March 13th 07, 08:37 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Hello my name is Grant I live in Adelaide South Australia I have 2 young
kids one is 2 the other 3 years and 2 months.

I am separated and do find it hard to stay close to my children so I moved
close.My ex partner is happy about this.
Any way your pages are very good I like to see other fathers show the world
why a child needs their dad I think more men need to make more noise in this
area as it is far to often dominated by the female percentage.this is going
to make things worse.

Old March 14th 07, 01:13 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Some Where

Your points are well taken Kate. I appreciate the perspective and feedback.

Peace!

Mark

'Kate wrote in message

X-no archive:yes

Old March 15th 07, 12:07 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
miri

On 13 Mar, 19:37, wrote:
Hello my name is Grant I live in Adelaide South Australia I have 2 young
kids one is 2 the other 3 years and 2 months.

I am separated and do find it hard to stay close to my children so I moved
close.My ex partner is happy about this.
Any way your pages are very good I like to see other fathers show the world
why a child needs their dad I think more men need to make more noise in this
area as it is far to often dominated by the female percentage.this is going
to make things worse."Some Where" wrote in message

http://markbrudnak.com

I thought you all would enjoy seenig how I parent my son. Feel free to
suggest ideas.

Thanks!

http://markbrudnak.com- Hide quoted text -

Yes I think its best that children have a father figure,
ie male.

I've recently been talking to other local parents, its
dreadful the way that marriages and relationships are
so broken up, what has happened in some cases is that
children reach their early teens and begin to ask about
the missing parents. Boys who have been without their
dad or mommy may want to live with him or her, girls do
so as well, and the parents who have spent their years
supporting the kid, maybe who have "traded in" their
careers the overtime money and the freedom that is so
often taken for granted when a single person, find
themselves grief stricken. I think we all support those
we love and if we love them we can give them the full
support necessary.

More often than not mommy gets custody, sometimes she
won't,

miri