Can Teenager Spanking Be Justified?

Old April 12th 05, 11:07 AM

Default Can Teenager Spanking Be Justified?

Hello all,
Raising almost-adult teenage kids is about the hardest job in the
world, as many of you know. I am the father of a teenage girl, and
although I feel she needs me and often reaches out to me in an
aggressive, twisted sort of way, I have found no lasting way of getting
through to her. Now, this blog post by an 18yr girl made me wonder:
http://coveries.blogspot.com/2005/04/punishment.html
Although she recognises that her father sometimes goes overboard, and
that he lacks consistency, she seems to actually advocate physical
punishment. Could that be the answer?

Old April 12th 05, 12:03 PM
Jeff

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all,
Raising almost-adult teenage kids is about the hardest job in the
world, as many of you know. I am the father of a teenage girl, and
although I feel she needs me and often reaches out to me in an
aggressive, twisted sort of way, I have found no lasting way of getting
through to her. Now, this blog post by an 18yr girl made me wonder:
http://coveries.blogspot.com/2005/04/punishment.html
Although she recognises that her father sometimes goes overboard, and
that he lacks consistency, she seems to actually advocate physical
punishment. Could that be the answer?

Do you really wish to teach your teenage daughter that it is ok to hit? Or
worse, that is ok to be get hit?

I think you a better answer is that you get counseling to help you work
better with your daughter.

Jeff

Old April 12th 05, 12:35 PM

Hello all,
Raising almost-adult teenage kids is about the hardest job in the
world, as many of you know. I am the father of a teenage girl, and
although I feel she needs me and often reaches out to me in an
aggressive, twisted sort of way, I have found no lasting way of

getting
through to her. Now, this blog post by an 18yr girl made me wonder:
http://coveries.blogspot.com/2005/04/punishment.html
Although she recognises that her father sometimes goes overboard, and
that he lacks consistency, she seems to actually advocate physical
punishment. Could that be the answer?

I think you're a troll and the material in the blogspot is sexual
fantasy.

If not, then the father was sexually abusive.

It's the answer only if all the participants are unrelated, over 18,
and doing it in private for fun.

Old April 12th 05, 01:52 PM

Just a fantasy? (It's not very sexual though, is it?) That explanation
would make my life easier. (And again, more complicated...) You're
probably right. Thanks.

Old April 12th 05, 03:48 PM

I believe that in some other countries, spanking and public caning of
sucha age is perfectly legal. Its too bad its not in our country.

There are many, many teens that need to be spanked and such. Its
rather unfottunate that our society is going down the tube so fast.

John

Old April 12th 05, 05:26 PM
Barbara Bomberger

On 12 Apr 2005 03:07:00 -0700, wrote:

Hello all,
Raising almost-adult teenage kids is about the hardest job in the
world, as many of you know. I am the father of a teenage girl, and
although I feel she needs me and often reaches out to me in an
aggressive, twisted sort of way, I have found no lasting way of getting
through to her. Now, this blog post by an 18yr girl made me wonder:
http://coveries.blogspot.com/2005/04/punishment.html
Although she recognises that her father sometimes goes overboard, and
that he lacks consistency, she seems to actually advocate physical
punishment. Could that be the answer?

I think you're a troll

In case youre not this is sexual fantasy stuff, posted for people to
read.

This kind of behavior is always inappropriate between parents abnd
children or adults and minors for that matter.

Old April 12th 05, 07:13 PM
tracert

wrote in message
oups.com...
I think you're a troll and the material in the blogspot is sexual
fantasy.

His email handle says it all.

Old April 12th 05, 10:11 PM

Sexual fantasy? No its just discipline.

There are those that spank for fantasy, but others for discipline.

John

PS- Would you say that those that cane or spank in Singapore is also a
sexual fantasy?

Old April 12th 05, 10:22 PM

Sexual fantasy? No its just discipline.

Not that particular blogspot. I'm not suggesting that caning as a form
of discipline doesn't occur. If you're interested in it as discipline,
there's a whole separate newsgroup in which there's always a raging
debate.

Come to that, if you're interested in it as a fantasy, there's yet
another newsgroup on the subject.

There are those that spank for fantasy, but others for discipline.

John

PS- Would you say that those that cane or spank in Singapore is also

sexual fantasy?

No, but Singapore does not legally cane women or children. Only men
between 16 and 50 may be subject to judicial caning.

And you don't find salacious descriptions, purportedly by young women,
of such canings.

Old April 12th 05, 11:42 PM

Huh? Oh you have a dirty mind... I didn't realise that my post actually
was twisted pornographic ravings, but several others apparently do, so
please excuse me.

Debate on spanking Doan Spanking 0 June 12th 04 08:30 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
| | Kids should work... Kane Spanking 12 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
| | Kids should work... Kane Foster Parents 3 December 9th 03 12:53 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM