birthday vent

Old July 3rd 07, 05:59 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup

Default birthday vent

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 21:54:09 -0700, Chris wrote:

On Jul 2, 11:22?am, "bizby40" wrote:
"Marie" wrote in message

On 2 Jul 2007 07:42:56 -0700, Banty
wrote:
It's a birthday party, and often the party hosts expect the parents
to leave.

Banty

The parent should check around before leaving then.

I'm with you that not everyone in the world needs to childproof, I do
think that when actually inviting a number of kids to a birthday
party, you have a responsibility to provide a safe environment.

I just get fed up with this attitude that it's up to everyone else
in
the world to help protect my child. I think it's stupid that
trampolines and swimming pools by law have to be in some type of
enclosure.

??? So you think that if a kid has inattentive parents, then they
deserve to die? Okay, I know you didn't say that, but that's the
result. Enclosures are required around pools (not trampolines here)
because accidents do happen and kids do die. And when you have a dead
kid, saying, "Well their parents should have been more attentive"
doesn't bring him back to life again.

Bizby

True, especially considering that those crafty lil' buggers can push
chairs over to high-on-the-door locks to escape their own house when
mom is doing something like vaccuuming but believes the child is
napping and it usually takes that happening at least once before that
problem can be properly addressed or a solution found. lol.

And that one time can be the time the child falls in.
Old July 3rd 07, 01:18 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

"Nina Pretty Ballerina" wrote in message
u...

snip
was a family party and a group of adults and chidlren where playing
cricket (sort of like baseball in a straight line)

snip
What a wonderful description of cricket. Must tell #1 and dh that when
they're playing one day!
Debbie

Old July 5th 07, 07:00 AM posted to misc.kids
Nina Pretty Ballerina

"toypup" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 07:19:59 +1000, Nina Pretty Ballerina wrote:

i am quite surprised at all of the unfenced pool stories the posters are
coming up with! Simply not allowed to have one where i live.

Our neighbor in the house adjoining our backyard had an unfenced pool. I
went away to school. Twice I came back to hear that a child had drowned.
Same family. I don't know what they were thinking. Anyway, the city came
in after the second drowning and made them fill in the pool.

my jaw is dropping at that story, apalling.

Kids birthday gift - collectible for boy - birthday train? K C General 5 February 13th 04 03:43 PM
Kids birthday gift - collectible for boy - birthday train? K C General (moderated) 8 February 13th 04 03:43 PM
Happy Belated Birthday 3rd Birthday, Camden! DeliciousTruffles Breastfeeding 2 January 30th 04 07:31 PM
Vent! Leanne Pregnancy 32 November 11th 03 10:06 PM
I have to vent Denise Breastfeeding 17 July 22nd 03 03:05 AM