I'm taking my baby and running away.

Old October 10th 06, 03:50 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
xkatx

Default I'm taking my baby and running away.

Alright, that just made me sound like a total troll

Recently, I was looking around for Halloween costume ideas. I LOVE
Halloween (even more than Christmas!) and this year, I will NOT let anything
stand in my way to have a fantastic Halloween. Each and every year, on
Halloween, we all get up and when we get dressed, we all wear Halloween
costumes right from the morning until the end of the day when it's bath and
bed time. With the exception of Norm, of course, because he's always been
no fun with Halloween (he does, however, put up no fight dressing up for a
Halloween party or going out to go for candy lol)
I always, however, wear the same costume every year. I'm fairly unoriginal
with that, but a few years back, I bought a really nice witch costume. It's
a really nice, long, black dress and all that. It fit me like a glove, and
although it was a bit pricey, I loved it and do wear it. This year,
however, I'm going to be overly knocked up on Halloween (due date is the day
before Halloween) or I'll be trying to 'recover' with a newborn. Either
way, I'm NOT going to make any attempt at putting on that dress this year!
I normally wear something different for my dad's yearly Halloween party at
his work - it's adult only and basically my parents' close friends/family
and close friends my dad has done work for. Anything goes for this -
there's been everything from cowboys and slutty French maids to a giant
penis costume. I don't wear the witch to this, but it's also the Saturday
before Halloween.

So, anyways, back to the beginning...
I was looking around for ideas for a costume. Something that I could fit
into and actually wear, since I am banking on a big, fat belly this year.
I had a suggestion to go as a bunch of grapes - just pin a bunch of purple
balloons onto a purple shirt, wear some dark brown pants or nylons and go
like that. I liked that idea, then another lady got an even better idea
into my head... I'm going to go as a belly dancer, I think. I picked up
some really nice material for this at Walmart last night - it was on
clearance for something like $1.97 per meter. I got 4 meters of it, and
paid less than $8 for it, then picked up some green thread that matches
pretty good for 33¢ (that price to have thread slightly off a shade was way
better than paying over $3 for a small spool that matched better, and it's
just for a costume I will use this year only)
Luckily, my belly isn't disgustingly huge. I probably could use a little
foundation or something to even out my skin on my stomach, cover the few
stretch marks that I had from Amie - have no new ones this time around,
thankfully and go to a dollar store and pick up some type of costume
jewelery or something to add to it.

Well, today I think I am going to steal off with Amie and go to my grandma's
this morning and get on this costume. I will ask Norm if he would be
able/willing to stay here for a while and catch Bran off the bus, if he's
not planning on going to work (with his brother, he just recently started
working) in the morning. I figure if he calls his brother he could give me
a call and I could come right home.
Just getting excited about this costume.
I think, though, I'll wear this costume for my dad's party and for Halloween
night. I don't think I'll be walking the neighbourhood on Halloween night -
the kids will either go with Dad or Uncle Ron (N or my bro) so I could
easily wear this costume to hand out candy at home. I have on backup as an
idea to go as an oven. This was also recently suggested to me - just use a
big box, make what looks like an oven and have the door of the 'oven' open
up (like the bun in the oven idea?)
I think this might be more appropriate for B's party with his dance school,
but I know this would just be too darn bukly to walk around for my dad's
party - too many people, drunks and games of pool to walk around like a big,
bulky box.

But whatever. I think today I'll wait for A to wake up, which should be
right away here as it's just about 9am, give her some breakfast then steal
off with her to my grandma's - she's the one that knows how to use a sewing
machine and is the best, by far, with one! The machine I have is kind of
wonky and I can't sew a darn thing. Also, did I mention I do not really
know how to use this sewing machine? N has worked it better than I ever
could.

Does anyone else love Halloween as much as I do? I spent all of my free
time on Sunday while at my parents' place raking up all the leaves in their
front yard. Their yard is HUGE and they have GIANT trees with tons of
leaves.... I raked them all up with B before and after Thanksgiving dinner -
we had a huge pile of all the leaves in the middle of the yard and he had
his fun jumping in the leaves but was only allowed to do that if he helped
me bag them. We got 3.5 bags of leaves - the big, white clear ones, not the
regular sized black or green ones - full of leaves, as well as 1 black
regular bag full. There's still tons of leaves left on the trees too. I
only did it so I could call shots with the leaves and use them to put in
orange bags to make the big pumpkins to decorate the yard

Old October 10th 06, 04:50 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

xkatx wrote:
[...]

Ahhh.......... eye catching subject line!

Halloween use to be one of our biggest as well.......we had so much fun
year after year . I would dress up and go to my youngests school in
character of the wicked witch from the wizard of Oz. Traditionally
Gayle and I would pack up the kids and head for my ex best friends
place. I was the wickedest of witches every year.Ok I lied, I have been
the clown too a few times g When the kids got older and didn't want
for us adults to walk the niehborhood with them we started making an
elaborate attempt to scare the daylights out of the kids that would
come to the house for tricks or treats.We tricked 'em alright ! evil
laughter

I have not been seriously involved for just about 5-6 years. This year,
now that my granddaughter is really into it, I think I may give up the
fight and join her ! Last year she was a little pink fairy. This year
she wants to be a little bigger pink fairy ! She wants us all to be
fairies ........uh no.........uh uh, I dont think so ....me a
fairy?!?!?!?! roflol!

Bev