Monthly FAQ

Old November 2nd 04, 11:42 AM
Moon Shyne

Default Monthly FAQ

Welcome newbies! (and sorry for the delay, I was in urgent care getting told I
broke my foot)

alt.support.single-parents
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Resource Guide

Contents
---------

Introduction

Frequently asked questions
1. Are non-custodial parents welcome on this group?
2. How can I make time to care for my family while going to school or working
full time?
3. How can I feed my family nutritious meals on a limited budget?
4. What is a good way of dealing with the everyday stress of being a single
parent?
5. Is there life with teenagers or toddlers...they're one in the same, right?
6. Why do I seem to be working to pay the babysitter, or how do I reduce the
high cost of day care?
7. How can I negotiate the public assistance system (food stamps, AFDC and
medical care) without getting lost in the shuffle?
8. How can I get my child to mind without feeling guilty?
9. How can I help my children cope with divorce?
10. Isn't this group called alt.SUPPORT.*? Why are people so darn *mean* here
sometimes? Why doesn't everyone here love me?
11. How can I get the most bang for my buck from this group?
12. Just who, exactly, is welcome on this group?

Health and Medical References
Groups and Organizations for Single Parents
Web Sites for Parents
Recommended Reading
Other Newsgroups of Interest
Contributors to this FAQ

Introduction
------------

Welcome to alt.support.single-parents! This group was created to address the
unique problems that single parents face and to provide a forum where single
parents can support each other and help with solutions to parenting problems.
Single parenting can be a difficult job at times, and single parents are often
overworked, underpaid, exhausted and generally very busy people, to say the
least. This FAQ will attempt to address a few issues of interest to single
parents. Hopefully it will grow as people add their ideas and comments (see
"Contributors to this FAQ").

It is understood that there are many people who have not been with us very
long, so here is just a brief summary of some commonly accepted methods and
observances. Practicing these will help to ensure your acceptance and will
promote a longer stay here with your fellow single parents. And above all else,
have fun! Our lives are tough enough as it is. No need to make it any harder on
ourselves!

Punctuation and Grammar are important. Just like in the real world, first
impressions are important. However, we cannot see you, so our first impressions
are made based on your posts. We'd like to hear your ideas. However, if you
want us to take your thoughts into consideration, we need to be able to
understand them, for example:

The following post is something that most would not bother to read:

PLESE HELP!
I tink tat my ex is an ass. I wants to move away buts h'es fighen me in coart
and makings it raelly hard for me and myh new loover.

If you have spell check, it is recommended that you turn it on. Capital
letters and end punctuation also help to make a post look neat and easy to read.

Please snip your quotes. If someone posts a long message and you want to
respond to that message, don't quote the whole thing! Quote the sentences that
are relevant to the comments that you are going to make. After reading someone's
post, most people do not want to read it again in its entirety when reading your
reply.

However, remember to quote at least some of the message that you are replying
to. Most of the time, the reader does not remember the message at the beginning
of the thread if it was read three days ago. If you choose to reply to this
message without quoting it, the reader is going to have no idea what you are
talking about.

WebTV'ers, as well as AOL'ers, have a unique problem, it appears. WebTV does
not have an "Insert Original Message" option to click on, necessitating that the
user copy and paste from the message being replied to. A WebTV-specific
cut/copy/paste and "quoting text" tutorial is found at:
http://www.geocities.com/~by2000/cutcopypaste.html

Some just paste the relevant text and enclose it in angle brackets or other
marks, which is faster and works very well.

Don't post in HTML. This is not a binary newsgroup. Most of us cannot see your
pictures, and sometimes it even freezes up our systems. Also, try not to type in
CAPITAL LETTERS. This means that you are yelling.

WebTVers: Music and background pictures are lovely but take time to download.
Please be considerate of those who pay for internet access by the minute and
post only the text of your messages. Expect complaints if you post more than
just text.

Remember to attribute your quotes. Before you quote someone (briefly), make
sure to let us know whom you are quoting. It is good to spell your names
correctly. Yes, you are permitted to misspell words (don't worry - it happens!),

Make your messages short and to the point. Many people would rather read short
posts than long, drawn-out messages with no point. Also, remember to separate
the message into paragraphs if you have a lot to say. It is much easier to
read, neater looking, and less likely to be skipped over by another reader.

Please lurk for a while to get a feel for our newsgroup. This means that you
hang around for a little while before making your first post. Lurking for an
hour and then posting probably won't give you a good feel for the group. But
don't worry! You don't have to hide in the darkness for a whole year before you
say something. Usually, it is a good idea to lurk for about two weeks before
posting.

Coming in and insulting the other posters is not a good way to start things
off. Show us your intelligence and make a name for yourself by using humor,
knowledge, and kindness, and your days here will be a lot more fun than if you
make a name for yourself through hatred, control, and rudeness.

This group is primarily about parenting. People whose main interest is in
starting a relationship with someone might have better luck in one of the other
newsgroups, for example the various singles, personals or romance newsgroups.
Those who are looking for ways to get more money via Child Support are often
pointed to a group specifically for that purpose, because we have found that
fighting can occur for several months on minor little issues. We are here to
help each other, and learn from each other, even if we don't always like each
other.

It also means we might disagree at times. Who here hasn't disagreed in some way
with their former spouse about a parenting issue? In order to avoid long,
protracted, and usually senseless in-fighting, we recommend (like any time one
posts a Usenet article) that one stop, think, count to ten and think again
before replying. Especially if one is angry or doesn't like the response they
get, or see.

Also, since this *is* a support group for single parents, many readers of this
group prefer not using phrases that have a negative connotation such as
"illegitimate children" or "broken home." All children are legitimate human
beings, and many single parent households work very well!

Note: this FAQ will be posted on the first day of each month.

Frequently Asked Questions
--------------------------

1. Are non-custodial parents welcome on this group?

Yes! If you are a parent and you are single, then you are definitely a
single parent and welcome on this group! Any insights you have to offer on
solutions to the problems of single parenting are bound to help someone
somewhere!

2. How can I make time to care for my family while going to school or working
full time?

Many single parents are very busy people, and finding time to fit everything
in can be a challenge. Work, school and family care are the important things,
and often other activities such as housekeeping have to be assigned a lower
priority. You don't need to be "super mom" or "super dad". If the dirty dishes
have to stay in the sink overnight or the vacuuming or laundry or grocery
shopping has to wait until the weekend, don't worry about it. It helps to work
out and stick to a regular schedule.
Children, no matter how young, can be assigned simple tasks to help out. You
may need to lower your standards a little, but be sure you never redo what your
children have done. In this way small tasks get accomplished, you develop a
sense of accomplishment in your children and increase their self-esteem (while
decreasing the overall burden for yourself). Be sure the tasks you assign them
are age appropriate and that you teach them how to do the task before making it
their permanent job. Keep organized by making lists of things that need to be
done. Post a list of grocery items on the fridge...have everyone add to it as
the week progresses. To avoid making multiple trips, try to run as many errands
as possible each time you go out.

3. How can I feed my family nutritious meals on a limited budget?

Some single parent families have tighter budgets than other families, but
nutrition doesn't have to suffer. In fact, some of the most nutritious foods
like fruits, vegetables, beans and grains (the foods at the bottom of the "food
pyramid") are among the cheapest. Frozen dinners can be nutritious if you shop
carefully, but they tend to be relatively expensive. "Fast food" should be
avoided because of high cost and poor nutritional value. Investigate possible
alternatives to "regular" grocery shopping such as co-ops, food share, food
banks, public assistance, etc. And don't forget to feed yourself! Your kids
are important, but remember that you need to eat to maintain your health and
energy level so you can be there for them!

SHARE is a good resource for inexpensive food. Either $13 or $14 plus two
hours of volunteerism (*very* broadly defined) you get a share package worth
approximately $30. There is no needs test- everyone is welcome, and you may
acquire as many shares as you think you can use in a month. They do take food
stamps. For more information and a list of
sites near you, call 1-800-499-2506.

The American Red Cross WIC program provides vouchers for certain important
protein type foods to help alleviate the threat of low hematocrit in children.
Assistance is based on all children under the age of five in the family.

Many churches will have food programs as well. One recommendation is to check
with your local Salvation Army or United Way for various avenues to explore.

4. What is a good way of dealing with the everyday stress of being a single
parent?

The best things you can do to deal with stress are to eat healthy, balanced
meals (esp. lots of fruits, vegetables and complex carbohydrates), exercise
regularly, get plenty of sleep and avoid alcohol and caffeine as much as
possible. Try exercising with your kids, like playing or running with them
outside, skating, bicycling, going for walks, etc. This way you can get some
exercise and spend time with your family.

5. Is there life with teenagers or toddlers...they're one and the same, right?

Children of all ages demand a great deal of attention from their parents. If
you're a single parent, you're the one who has to provide for their needs, and
this can be difficult with everyone else demanding attention also...work,
school, ex's, bills, your child's school, etc. You still need to have a life of
your own, however. Plan relaxation time after the kids go to bed, or rise 30
minutes before they do and enjoy a cup of coffee by yourself before the rush of
the day starts. Don't be afraid to take some time for yourself now and then!

6. Why do I seem to be working to pay the babysitter, or how do I reduce the
high cost of day care?

If at all possible, try to work with other parents on childcare issues. Many
parents, whether single or married, are very busy and may be willing to help
each other with childcare. Talk to people and be creative! Babysitting co-ops
are flourishing everywhere these days...they work on a barter system. We used
poker chips as "payment" -- one chip for each hour. The more you watch someone
else's kids the more chips you accumulate. I watched kids on the weekends and
one evening a week. It gave my kids something to do and I earned chips to use
while I worked or attended class. Another possibility might be to trade other
skills you may have (auto repairs, computers, etc.) for babysitting services.

7. How can I negotiate the public assistance system (food stamps, AFDC and
medical care) without getting lost in the shuffle?

Look, you're not a "bad parent" if you need help making ends meet. When you
apply for any type of public assistance remember to have *every* possible
document they ask for with you at the time. Call the local office and ask for a
list of documentation they need. Plan to spend most of the morning at the
office. Even if your appointment is for 9 AM, the case worker probably won't
get to you until 10 and the interviews can take as long as an hour. Once you
jump through their hoops you'll be expected to show up for a case review every
six months. You will probably have a new caseworker each time also. Most of
all, be patient...it's only temporary and the help you can receive will reduce
your financial stress levels by half!

8. How can I get my child to mind without feeling guilty?

Single parents sometimes succumb to the urge to be "friends" with their children
or worry that they are being too harsh with them. The important thing to keep
in mind is that *you* are the parent and the authority figure in their lives.
Discipline must be consistent for your child and for your own well being.
Younger children don't need "reasons" behind your rules, but you may want to sit
down with older children (school age) and make a list of "house rules" and
consequences for the entire family...this means you too. Don't forget
everyone's chores. Also include a "reward" for the member who follows all the
rules each day (for young children...under age 7 or 8) or week (for older
children). Your children will have many friends in their lives, but you have to
be their parent, especially now when they are adjusting to their lifestyle.

9. How can I help my children cope with divorce?

Divorce can be hard on adults, but it can also be devastating for children.
Some ideas for helping children cope with divorce:

- If possible, help your children maintain a stable, loving relationship
with *both* parents.

- Establish regular, dependable visiting patterns with the non-custodial
parent.

- It does help the children if you maintain a healthy and positive outlook
on life. Living in the past and holding resentments are not the best for your
children (not to mention the toll it takes on you!).

- The children need to know that they are loved by *both* parents, and it
helps to frequently reassure them of this.

- Never try to make your children take sides, and never try to use your
children to hurt your ex-spouse.

10. Isn't this group called alt.SUPPORT.*? Why are people so darn *mean* here
sometimes? Why doesn't everyone here love me?

We are people who have nothing in common for the most part... except for one
of the most challenging jobs there is. What brings us to the same group is one
item out of a multitude of possibilities. Only one. That isn't always going to
be conducive to us all sharing, and us all playing well with theirs, all of the
time. We have found "support" on the web is most often a misnomer.

Solution? Take what applies, and leave the rest behind. Participate if you
like, but not everyone is going to love you. Remember, this is the 'net, not
group therapy. Will you, or anyone, really be affected tomorrow, or in 5 years?

Best advice we can give you? "Don't take the 'net so darn seriously!"

11. How can I get the most bang for my buck from this group?

You get what you put into things. If one doesn't participate, but just sits
there and reads, they're probably not going to stick around. It's too bad
really, because there's a *lot* of good info, and feedback, available here.
Sometimes people aren't *looking* for feedback, they're looking for someone to
cosign their BS, and there can be a tad of a rumble. But if you're looking for a
place to use, contribute, share, and receive info on single parenting, there
aren't many better places.

Most of the whining about demon-exes, child support, ad nauseum gets squished
pretty quickly, and what we end up with are mostly supportive people sharing
their experiences, and needs.

12. Just who, exactly, is welcome on this group?

If you are a parent and you are single, have experience as a single parent,
or the intricacies of being a custodial or non-custodial parent, then you have
an understanding of the complexities of being a single parent and are welcome on
this group! Any insights you have to offer on solutions to the problems of
single parenting are bound to help someone somewhere!

Health and Medical References
-----------------------------

"The AMA Family Medical Guide" (Random House) has information on symptoms and
risks of various illnesses and injuries (and self help if any), prescription
drugs, self diagnosis symptom charts and a wealth of medical information.

"Gray's Anatomy" (Running Press) has detailed illustrations and descriptions of
the various body systems (skeletal, muscular, nervous, vascular, digestive,
etc.).

"The Physician's Desk Reference" is a comprehensive resource that describes the
purpose and side effects of many prescription drugs.

"The Complete Book of Food Counts" by Corinne T. Netzer is a list of over
12,000 foods, showing calories, carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, sodium, fat
and fiber for each item.

"Smart Exercise" by Covert Bailey has some very good information on aerobic and
anaerobic exercise, diet, metabolism and related topics.

Groups and Organizations for Single Parents

Parents Without Partners
National. 500+ chapters. Founded 1957.
Educational organization of single parents (either divorced, separated, widowed
or never married). Newsletter. Online chat room. Single parent magazine, chapter
development guidelines. Membership dues $20-40.
WRITE:
PWP
1650 S. Dixie Highway, Suite 510
Boca Raton, FL 33432
CALL: 1-800-637-7974
(561)391-8833
FAX: (561)395-8557
E-MAIL:
WEBSITE:
http://www.parentswithoutpartners.org

Big Brothers/Big Sisters
(check your phone book for the number in your area)

National Congress for Fathers and Children
9454 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills CA 90212
1-800-SEE-DADS

Single Mothers by Choice
P.O. Box 1642
New York, NY 10028
(212) 988-0993

National Organization of Single Mothers
National. 3 affiliated groups. Founded 1991.
Networking system serving single mothers. Provides information and referrals to
single mothers. Dues $19. Assistance in starting new groups.
WRITE:
NOSM
P.O. Box 68
Midland, NC 28107
CALL: (704)888-KIDS
FAX: (704)888-1752
E-MAIL:
WEBSITE:
http://www.singlemothers.org

Single Mothers By Choice
National. 20 chapters. Founded 1981.
Support and information to mature, single women who have chosen, or who are
considering, single motherhood. Services include "Thinkers" workshops, quarterly
newsletter, and membership. For a brochure and list of back issues of newsletter
WRITE:
SMC
P.O. Box 1642 Gracie Square Station
New York, NY 10028
CALL: (212)988-0993

National Organization of Single Mothers
Publisher of Single MOTHER Magazine
P.O. Box 68
Midland, NC 28107-0068
(704) 888-KIDS

Phoenix Single Parents Association
http://www.singleparents.org

Single Parent Resource Center
International. 7 affiliated groups. Founded 1975.
Network of single parent self-help groups. Information and referral, seminars,
consultation, resource library. Separate group for men and coed groups. Working
on groups for homeless single parents and mothers coming out of prison.
Newsletter. Guidelines and materials for starting parenting and teen groups.
WRITE:
Single Parent Resource Center
31 E. 28th St.
New York, NY 10016
CALL: (212)951-7030
FAX: (212)951-7037
E-MAIL:

Rainbows Peer Support Group
1111 Tower Road Schaumburg, IL 60173
(847) 310-1880 Fax: (847) 310-0120
TOLL-FREE: 1-800-266-3206

G I N G E R B R E A D: The charitable organization for all single parents and
their children.
7 Sovereign Close,
Sovereign Court,
London E1W 3HW.
Tel: 020 7488 9300
Fax: 020 7488 9333
Advice Line... 0800 018 4318. Open Monday through Friday 10am to 4pm
Advice Email: .
Fax...0171 336 8185
E-mail:

Web Sites for Parents
---------------------
Resourse for Single Mothers
http://www.singlerose.com

The online resource for single parent families
http://www.singleparentcentral.com

The Single Parent Network
www.makinglemonade.com

The Divorce Homepage
http://www.divorcesupport.com/

Fathers' Rights and Equality Exchange (F.R.E.E.)
http://dadsrights.org/

ParentsPlace
http://www.parentsplace.com/

Parents Without Partners
http://www.parentswithoutpartners.org

Welcome to Parent Soup!
http://www.parentsoup.com/

Widowed Young
A discussion group for people who are (or who have been) widowed under the age
of about 45. (This is not a rigid limit.)
http://www.topica.com/lists/widowed_young

Safely Surfing the Internet: Guidelines for Parents and Children
http://www.safekids.com/child_safety.htm#Guidelines
and you might just wish to peruse the whole link:
http://www.safekids.com

Low and no cost childrens health insurance program in the US:
http://www.insurekidsnow.gov/

US State Medicaid Toll-Free Lines
http://www.hcfa.gov/medicaid/obs5.htm

Free prescription drugs program
http://www.sunflower.org/~cfsdays/freedrug/htm

(US) Student Financial aid
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov

US income tax forms and info
http://www.irs.gov

Know that everything you say on usenet is archived at google and so you should
watch WATCH WHAT YOU SAY!!!
http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

For people who feel abused online
http://www.haltabuse.org

For child support, custody, and divorce help
http://www.findlaw.com

This is a place that gives free help with budgeting
http://www.crown.org/tools/budgetguide.asp
http://www.crown.org

Recommended Reading
-------------------
"You Are Your Child's First Teacher"
by Rahima Baldwin-Dancy
ISBN: 0890879672
Format: Paperback, 384pp
Pub. Date: May 2000

Publisher: Ten Speed Press
Edition Description: REVISED
Barnes & Noble Sales Rank: 26,212

"The Omnipotent Child" (out of print)
http://www.omnipotentchild.com/child-rearing_books.htm)
ISBN: 096932717x
Publisher: Palmer Press

"Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems"
Author: Richard Ferber,MD
ISBN: 0671620991 (ER163)
Format: Paperback

"Get Out of My Life, But First Could You Drive Me and Cheryl to the Mall? : a
Parent's Guide to the New Teenager."
Author: WOLF, ANTHONY E.
Publisher: Farrar Straus & Giroux; (August 1, 2002)
ISBN: 0374528535

"I Can't Get Over It: A Handbook for Trauma Survivors"
by Aphrodite Matsakis
ISBN: 157224058X
Publisher: New Harbinger Pubs (2nd Edition)

"Dinosaurs Divorce: A Guide for Changing Families"
by Laurene Krasny Brown and Marc Brown
ISBN: 0316109967
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Pub. Date: September 1988
Recommend Age Range: 5 to 8

"How to Make Your Children Mind Without Losing Yours"
by Dr. Kevin Lehman
ISBN: 0800757319
Publisher: Revell, Fleming H. Company\
Pub. Date: September 2000
Edition Desc: 2ND

Yes, Your Teen Is Crazy!: Loving Your Kid without Losing Your Mind
Michael J. Bradley Foreword by Carroll O'Connor
ISBN: 0936197439
Publisher: Harbor Press, Inc. (Gig Harbor WA)
Pub. Date: September 2001
Recommend Age Range: 5

"How To Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk" Faber,
Adele and Mazlish, Elaine
ISBN: 0380811960
Publisher: Morrow,William & Co
Pub. Date: July 1999

"Managing And Understanding Parental Anger"
by Harriet and I.J. Barrish
ISBN: 0933701411
Publisher: Westport Publishers
Pub. Date: April 1991
Edition Desc: REV

"Mom's House, Dad's House: Making Shared Custody Work" by Isolina
Ricci, Ph.D
ISBN: 0684830787
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Trade Paperbacks
Pub. Date: October 1997

Does Wednesday Mean Mom's House or Dad's?: Parenting Together while
Living Apart
Marc J. Ackerman
ISBN: 0471130486
Publisher: Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
Pub. Date: October 1996

"Operating Instructions"
by Anne Lamott
ISBN: 044990928X
Publisher: Random House, Incorporated
Pub. Date: April 1994
Edition Desc: REPRINT

"Positive Discipline for Single Parents"
by Jane Nelsen, Cheryl Erwin and Carol Delzer
ISBN: 0761520112
Publisher: Prima Communications, Inc.
Pub. Date: July 1999
Edition Desc: 2ND, REVISED

"Redirecting Children's Behavior, Discipline That Builds Self Esteem"
by Kathryn J. Kvols
ISBN: 1884734308
Publisher: Parenting Pr., Inc.
Pub. Date: November 1997
Edition Desc: Revised

"Siblings Without Rivalry"
Faber, Adele and Mazlish, Elaine
ISBN: 0380799006
Publisher: Morrow,William & Co
Pub. Date: January 1998

"Single Mothers by Choice"
by Jane Mattes
ISBN: 0812922468
Publisher: Random House, Incorporated
Pub. Date: April 1997
Edition Desc: 1st ed

"The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People"
and....
"The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families"
by Covey, Stephen
ISBN: 0307440850
Publisher: St. Martin's Press, Inc.
Pub. Date: September 1998

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Single Parenting
Sara Dulaney Gilbert
ISBN: 0028624092
Publisher: Hungry Minds, Incorporated
Pub. Date: April 1998

The Single Mother's Survival Guide
Patrice Karst
ISBN: 1580910637
Publisher: Crossing Press, Inc., The
Pub. Date: March 2000

The Ultimate Survival Guide for the Single Father
Thomas Hoerner Patrick David (Illustrator
ISBN: 0967473640
Publisher: Harbinger Press
Pub. Date: May 2002

The Complete Single Mother: Reassuring Answers to Your Most Challenging Concerns
Andrea Engber Leah Lungness
ISBN: 1580623026
Publisher: Adams Media Corporation
Pub. Date: February 2000
Edition Desc: 2ND

Magazine: "Going Bonkers?"
(covers stress, weight loss, parenting, sexuality, self esteem, etc.)
$9/year ($15 for two years), published quarterly.
For information, write to: Going Bonkers
P.O. Box 189
Palm Beach, FL 33480
or call 1-800-403-8850 (in Florida 407/659-0975)

Other Newsgroups of Interest
----------------------------

misc.kids
alt.parents-teens
alt.parenting.solutions
alt.support.divorce
alt.support.step-parents
alt.child-support
alt.dads-rights

Contributors to this FAQ
------------------------

We would like this FAQ to reflect the views and experiences of the people of
alt.support.single-parents. This is our group, and we're here to help each
other. But remember, helping is not always shown by AGREEING with everything
everyone says.

If you have anything you'd like to contribute to this FAQ, please post a follow
up.

Old November 2nd 04, 03:22 PM
lm

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 04:42:25 -0600, "Moon Shyne"
wrote:

Welcome newbies! (and sorry for the delay, I was in urgent care getting told I
broke my foot)

Eek, what happened?! Are you ok?

(I hope you're ok enough to hobble down to the school and VOTE!)

lm
Old November 3rd 04, 12:09 AM

wrote:

Welcome newbies! (and sorry for the delay, I was in urgent care getting

told I
broke my foot)

Eek, what happened?! Are you ok?

(I hope you're ok enough to hobble down to the school and VOTE!)

lm

Hope you feel better!

Old November 3rd 04, 01:11 AM
Moon Shyne

wrote:

Welcome newbies! (and sorry for the delay, I was in urgent care getting told

broke my foot)

Eek, what happened?! Are you ok?

Yeah, I'm ok - I took the kids out trick or treating on Sunday - I'm one of the
lucky ones that my teenager and her friends think I'm cool enough to go along -
and I slipped off the edge of a railroad tie that was used on one property, and
fell badly - went to work yesterday and walked on it all day.... when my
teenager saw the lump on the top of my foot, she was the one insisting I have it
looked at........ and yes, I hobbled to work today, AND to the polls after work
and voted, not to worry

Old November 3rd 04, 01:12 AM
Moon Shyne

"V" wrote in message
news

wrote:

Welcome newbies! (and sorry for the delay, I was in urgent care getting

told I
broke my foot)

Eek, what happened?! Are you ok?

(I hope you're ok enough to hobble down to the school and VOTE!)

lm

Hope you feel better!

G Few more pain pills and I'm gonna be jus' fine G

(Actually, it really isn't that bad, just aches a whole lot....... pretty colors
coming up today).......

Old November 3rd 04, 01:55 PM

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"V" wrote in message
news

wrote:

Welcome newbies! (and sorry for the delay, I was in urgent care getting

told I
broke my foot)

Eek, what happened?! Are you ok?

(I hope you're ok enough to hobble down to the school and VOTE!)

lm

Hope you feel better!

G Few more pain pills and I'm gonna be jus' fine G

(Actually, it really isn't that bad, just aches a whole lot....... pretty

colors
coming up today).......

Ah...yes....those good things.
It gets me through the monthly pain of endometriosis.