Online Interview Introduction

Old December 8th 03, 04:42 PM
Susan DeBord

Default Online Interview Introduction

Dear Madam:

I am a college student at the University of Northern Iowa, and I am
very interested in Doulas and conducting a research on the topic. I
would appreciate it if you could provide your insights regarding the
following research questions. Your responses to these questions will
remain confidential and your identity will remain anonymous in the
research. Also, if you wish to receive a copy of this research report,
please indicate so in the last question, and you will receive a copy
when the research is completed.
Please send your responses to my e-mail address at by
Thursday, December 11, 2003. If you have any questions about this
research, please feel free to contact my research advisor, Dr. Sarina
Chen at
. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Susan DeBord
Dept. of Communication Studies
University of Northern Iowa

Sarina Chen, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Dept. of Communication Studies
University of Northern Iowa

Questions for the Doula:
1. How did you first hear about Doulas and what made you want to
become a Doula yourself?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a doula thus far?
3. Could I contact you further for more information?
4. Do you wish to receive a copy of this research report? Yes or No.

Questions for the Midwife:
1. Do you consistently recommend the services of a doula to your
clients/patients?
2. From a midwife perspective, what advice could you offer a woman
that wants to become a doula?