Gut flora

Old September 26th 10, 12:38 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
john[_5_]

Default Gut flora

http://whale.to/a/gut_flora_h.html

gut flora is responsible for 70% of your immune system.....when you take
antibiotics you napalm the whole of your body, the consequences of which can
be long term.

Old September 26th 10, 12:54 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
dr_jeff

On 9/26/10 7:38 AM, john wrote:
http://whale.to/a/gut_flora_h.html

gut flora is responsible for 70% of your immune system.....when you take
antibiotics you napalm the whole of your body, the consequences of which can
be long term.

Wrong. Gut flora is not responsible for the immune system. The bone
marrow is. There are a lot of immune cells around the gut because there
is so much bacteria in your gut. The consequences of not using
antibiotics can be long-term, like death, a limb amputated or hearing
loss. It is never a good idea to take antibiotics if they are not
needed, like taking antibiotics for a cold. As with anything you do, you
have to weigh both the pro and cons of taking antibiotics.

Jeff

Old September 26th 10, 11:38 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
carole

"dr_jeff" wrote in message
On 9/26/10 7:38 AM, john wrote:
http://whale.to/a/gut_flora_h.html

gut flora is responsible for 70% of your immune system.....when you take
antibiotics you napalm the whole of your body, the consequences of which
can
be long term.

Wrong. Gut flora is not responsible for the immune system. The bone marrow
is. There are a lot of immune cells around the gut because there is so
much bacteria in your gut. The consequences of not using antibiotics can
be long-term, like death, a limb amputated or hearing loss. It is never a
good idea to take antibiotics if they are not needed, like taking
antibiotics for a cold. As with anything you do, you have to weigh both
the pro and cons of taking antibiotics.

Jeff

Wrong again.
Blood purity and lack of toxins (orthopathic definition) is what helps the
immune system.
Blood purity can be achieved by proper nutrition and help prevent against
all sorts of microbes, harmful bacteria, fungi and parasites.
You're talking about dumbed-down allopathic medicine ...I'm talking
alternative medicine.

--
carole
www.conspiracee.com

Old September 27th 10, 01:47 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
dr_jeff

On 9/26/10 6:38 PM, carole wrote:
wrote in message
On 9/26/10 7:38 AM, john wrote:
[...]

You don't know what you're talking about at all. Alternative medicine is
conjecture-based medicine (con-med) by definition. There is no evidence
for it.

Jeff
Old September 27th 10, 06:10 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Steelclaws

"carole" wrote in
d.com:

Wrong again.
Blood purity and lack of toxins (orthopathic definition) is what helps
the immune system.

Present _valid_ evidence for your claim. PubMed article ID will do
nicely.

Blood purity can be achieved by proper nutrition and help prevent
against all sorts of microbes, harmful bacteria, fungi and parasites.

Then how come you still have a recurring case of fungus infection?
Having it to recur simply means you haven't gotten rid of the fungus.

You're talking about dumbed-down allopathic medicine ...I'm talking
alternative medicine.

"Alternative medicine", as is well known, cannot prove its claims. If
you care to show me otherwise, please present _valid_ evidence.
Testimonials/personal anecdotes are not valid evidence.

--
The trouble with the World is that the stupid are so confident
while the intelligent are full of doubt. -Bertrand Russell
Old September 27th 10, 10:25 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
carole

"dr_jeff" wrote in message
On 9/26/10 6:38 PM, carole wrote:
wrote in message
On 9/26/10 7:38 AM, john wrote:
[...]

Wrong again dr not doc.
Once we get real medicine, the importance of nutritional cures will be
acknowledged.
Not the dumbed-down crap that treats deficiency diseases with drugs and
waits until diseases reach crisis stage before being able to offer a
solution.

Old September 27th 10, 10:26 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
carole

"Bob Officer" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 08:38:23 +1000, in misc.health.alternative,
"carole" wrote:

"dr_jeff" wrote in message
On 9/26/10 7:38 AM, john wrote:
[...]

Which is about as dumb as you can get.

In my short absence, I am glad you've been busy, as Mr Samuel
Langhorne Clemens aptly said, "...Removing all doubt."

I thought it had been unusually pleasant around here.
Why don't you take a longer break next time.

Old September 27th 10, 11:24 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
dr_jeff

On 9/27/10 5:25 AM, carole wrote:
wrote in message
On 9/26/10 6:38 PM, carole wrote:
wrote in message
On 9/26/10 7:38 AM, john wrote:
[...]

The importance of nutritional cures has already been acknowledged. For
real vitamin deficiencies, protein deficiencies, etc., a proper diet
reverses those deficiencies. However, for treating other diseases,
nutritional cures don't work.

If they do work, show us the science.

Not the dumbed-down crap that treats deficiency diseases with drugs and
waits until diseases reach crisis stage before being able to offer a
solution.

Please describe what these "deficiency diseases" are, give some
examples, and explain how the nutritional cures work. Don't forget to
back your claims with science.

Jeff
Old September 27th 10, 11:32 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
Steelclaws

dr_jeff wrote in
:

Don't forget to
back your claims with science.

Science and scientific evidence is to carole a bit like sunlight is to a
vampire - and no, I don't believe in vampires either. ;-)

She tends to avoid it at all costs. I've been trying to get valid evidence
out of her for ages, and all she does is link to worthless kook sites.

Old September 27th 10, 12:53 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
carole

"dr_jeff" wrote in message
On 9/27/10 5:25 AM, carole wrote:

[...]

The problem is dr no doc I have developed my thinking through alternative
avenues and my own experience. No help whatsoever from your "scientific
sources".
But you want me to change my whole orientation and begin to give you
scientific evidence.

If scientific evidence worked for me I wouldn't have had to figure out all
my health solutions out for myself.
I have spent years working this stuff out and have come to the conclusion
that scientific medicine is geared to suit the pharmaceutical business with
disease rather than cure anybody of anything. Yes, there are some good
people working in the system is hopelessly broken and corrupt.

So what I have figured out so far is that the soil theory is more important
than the germ theory, homeopathy, nutritional remedies and detoxing are
good.
Nutritional remedies can cure disease from microbes, bacteria, fungi and
parasites.

Scientific evidence is a skeptic tool, designed to screen out anything not
approved by the pharmaceutical cartel.

Not the dumbed-down crap that treats deficiency diseases with drugs and
waits until diseases reach crisis stage before being able to offer a
solution.

Please describe what these "deficiency diseases" are, give some examples,
and explain how the nutritional cures work. Don't forget to back your
claims with science.

One deficiency disease is underarm odour which is a deficiency of silica.
Silica is also beneficial for bone growth and arterial health, amongst other
things.
Therefore underarm odour is indication of a health problem.