gripe of the day

Old June 28th 04, 11:17 PM
Lisa

Default gripe of the day

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:04:42 -0400, "Lisa"

"'Kate" wrote in message
.. .
Married men who don't wear rings. Don't they realize what a tremendous
waste of time they are? Not that married men are a waste of time in
general but ya know... I'm not out there talking to a guy just to "make
friends". I now have three married male friends. Super --sarcastic.

Married male friends are uncomfortable. I can't call them when I need
help or advice. Their wives own their time. I can't call just to talk
'cause that's just plain wrong. The "relationship" is always going to
remain the same and if, by some chance, it didn't, then I'd be the

other
woman... nope. That ain't gonna happen.

If you're a married man and you're reading this... look down. If you
don't have a ring on your finger, think about this... you're wasting my
time. At 45, I don't have time to waste. Put a ring on and stop using
me to boost your ego. If you're not getting it from your wife, divorce
her and then call me.

'Kate

Maybe you shouldn't look at every man you meet as anything more than a

new
acquaintance.

I have. But when I meet someone knew and there's no ring, there's a
different level of potential.

Why is that? Why do you not simply look for some interesting new outlook on
life. Do you approach women with the same form of dismissal? Do you, in a
social situation, ditch a female who may be quite interesting to connect
with because you are only interested in meeting a potential mate.
Is this like an interview for placement?

You sound more like a predator hunting for prey.

Now why does that have such a negative connotation? If I didn't know
better, I'd think that you were trying to put me down for looking for
suitable companionship.

Nope, not putting you down. Here's food for thought, in fact, this is a
quote that my dearest darling sent me one day, which will likely find it's
way into the wedding somehow..........

Happiness comes through doors that you didn't know you had left open.

Ponder that, doll.

I'm not hiding it. Why should I? It's not
shameful. It's not as if I'm incapable of sustaining a relationship. I
am definitely marketing myself.

Marketing yourself...........ummm.....you're for sale. How about just
keeping an open mind. Friendships can be found in the funniest places, any
kind of friendship. It's through expanding your social circle, not
promotion/

Additionally, don't forget that some men, and women wear wedding rings

just
to keep the predators at bay. I sure did whenever I travelled on

business.
Personally, I think that it's a sad statement the wearing a ring, or not
wearing a ring really doesn't tell you much anymore.

Lisa

It's enough of a signal to indicate one's availability or it wouldn't be
part of the marriage ceremony..

'Kate

That's a little too naive Kate,,,,,I'm just saying. That's all.

Lisa

Old June 28th 04, 11:47 PM
Joelle

You sound more like a predator hunting for prey.

Yea, that's Kate alright, zeroing in for the kill...cuz it's a terrible thing
to make sure someone is a potential romantic partner.

Geesh.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old June 28th 04, 11:51 PM
Joelle

Why is that? Why do you not simply look for some interesting new outlook on
life.

Because she wants a romantic partner? Is there something wrong with that?

Do you approach women with the same form of dismissal?

Probably only if the woman is looking for a romantic attachment....

Since when is it a bad thing to make sure a guy is available before you get
involved in a way that is not suitable?

So what are you so hostile about Lisa? One would almost think you were being
defensive because havn't been so careful.

Old June 29th 04, 02:58 AM

"Joelle" wrote in message
You sound more like a predator hunting for prey.

Yea, that's Kate alright, zeroing in for the kill...cuz it's a terrible

thing
to make sure someone is a potential romantic partner.

Geesh.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Then she'd really flip out if she knew I have ran background checks....
Never can be too careful!

Old June 29th 04, 01:55 PM
Joelle

one that too... checked the sex offender's website.

that's the first thing I check.

Old June 29th 04, 01:56 PM
Joelle

I am seriously thinking that I should
stand outside divorce court and catch one as he leaves.

No, you don't want one right out of court - that's still comfort woman
material.

It's too bad there aren't that many around because widowers are the best.
That's what I got me.

Old June 29th 04, 04:05 PM
Lisa

"Joelle" wrote in message
Why is that? Why do you not simply look for some interesting new outlook

on
life.

Because she wants a romantic partner? Is there something wrong with that?

If a woman looks at every single man as a potential partner not only is she
going to get very confused, it's an exhausting approach!!

Do you approach women with the same form of dismissal?

Probably only if the woman is looking for a romantic attachment....

lol,,,,,ok, I'm with ya there.

Since when is it a bad thing to make sure a guy is available before you

get
involved in a way that is not suitable?

It's not a bad thing, in fact, it's absolutely necessary to determine that
he's actually available before getting involved in a relationship.

Ah ha! Now here's a topic,,,,,,,exactly what is "available". Are married
men that are separated but not divorced considered "available"? Are they
really single?

So what are you so hostile about Lisa? One would almost think you were

being
defensive because havn't been so careful.

Ya know, there are so many areas that I can't contribute from experience
because I have never been married, I don't have to deal with the paternal
side of my son's genetic makeup (isn't that nicer than sperm doner? lol).

But trying to meet someone to become romantic with? Man oh man, I can tell
ya what it's like out there. It's practically comical.

And I can tell you unequivocally that unless you are comfortable in your own
skin, you're only setting yourself up for a "lesson learned" kind of
situation, but most certainly not a solid stable loving relationship.

So, you found my post hostile? I didn't intend it to be that way, for sure.
Defensive? Nah. Have I made mistakes in choices before? Well, duh, I'm
not a nun. I am, if you will recall, (formerly) little miss no committment.

Dating is a fun social exercise. It's great getting out and doing things,
and sharing with someone else. A date is not a proposal. Keep it simple
and in the moment. Have you not noticed how often people make mountains out
of molehills so to speak?

From my perspective, this is not being defensive, this is clarity.

Old June 29th 04, 04:17 PM
Lisa

"V" wrote in message

"Joelle" wrote in message
You sound more like a predator hunting for prey.

Yea, that's Kate alright, zeroing in for the kill...cuz it's a terrible

thing
to make sure someone is a potential romantic partner.

Geesh.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Then she'd really flip out if she knew I have ran background checks....
Never can be too careful!

LOL.. Not at all. With the access to information my brother has, no fella
has a chance at all of hiding anything.

Lisa

Old June 30th 04, 03:27 AM

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 01:58:15 GMT, "V"

"Joelle" wrote in message
You sound more like a predator hunting for prey.

Yea, that's Kate alright, zeroing in for the kill...cuz it's a terrible

thing
to make sure someone is a potential romantic partner.

Geesh.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Then she'd really flip out if she knew I have ran background checks....
Never can be too careful!

Done that too... checked the sex offender's website.

'Kate

LOL..you can never be too sure!

Old June 30th 04, 03:28 AM

"Joelle" wrote in message
one that too... checked the sex offender's website.

that's the first thing I check.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Hey especially if you have kids.
They only notify here within 1500 feet. I need to know more than that.

Gassy Baby? Wrangler 4x4 Breastfeeding 12 March 12th 04 05:54 PM
Gripe Water Kat Pregnancy 22 March 9th 04 12:28 AM
Gripe water :) zolw Pregnancy 9 January 17th 04 01:09 AM
My turn to gripe Karen Askey Breastfeeding 0 July 21st 03 01:42 AM