Thumb Guard

Old March 17th 04, 09:10 PM
looneybird

Default Thumb Guard

Hi. For anyone interested, I just wanted to post to let you all know that I
received Jenna's "Thumb Guard". She is 3 days in and is doing terrific so
far! She was very excited when it arrived and was happy to pick out a band
color. She has asked me a few times to take it off, but I just remind her
that we've just started... then, she'll say "Okay, Mommy." She has been
showing it off to the neighbors and explaining that she is wearing it so
that she can go to the "Lady Bug" (the preschool that we are taking the kids
to in September) and be a big girl!

I actually think that she is sleeping better than she would be otherwise,
because she has a cold and is breathing through her mouth when necessary.
Thumb sucking with a cold can be very frustrating, and she frequently wakes
up crying that she can't breath.

Anyway, thank you Seth. I think this is going to work. As long as she is
keeps a positive attitude about it, that is! I really want this to be
something that *she* wants to do, and not something I'm forcing her to do.

Lynn (Mommy to Jenna and Charlie 8/30/00)

Old March 18th 04, 07:16 AM
Seth Jackson

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:10:35 GMT, "looneybird"
wrote:

[...]

I'm glad it's working out, and good luck. I should mention that on
about the 5th day, our daughter had something of a relapse. She
started begging us to allow her to suck something at night, and even
though we didn't give our "permission", she started sucking her
fingers at night. Fortunately, that lasted only a few days.

Do you have ThumBingo or some other reward system?
--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:
http://hitmeister.home.mindspring.co...lypictures.htm

Music links: www.mp3.com/SethJackson
www.mp3.com/loudspeaker
www.SethJackson.net

Old March 23rd 04, 06:18 PM
looneybird

"Seth Jackson" wrote in message
news
Do you have ThumBingo or some other reward system?
--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:

No, I don't have the game and I'm not using any type of reward system.
Believe it or not, she really doesn't even seem to need anything like that!
She's totally accepted the thumbguard all by itself. Last night, after DH
gave them baths, we put her to bed and forgot to put the thumbguard back on.
I realized it when checked on them before I went to bed for the night. She
was sound asleep and her thumb was nowhere near her face even. This morning
when she climbed into bed with me, she was sort of pulling up her sleeve the
way she does when she's about to suck her thumb, but when she went to put
her thumb in her mouth, she stopped short and twirled her hair instead! I
was kind of funny, like when you're going into a room for something and you
can't remember what.

I let her go without it for most of the morning, but then she asked me what
color bracelet she was going to wear today! So, I let her pick a color and
we put it back on. I think as long as it is her choice, she's going to do
great! I am so proud of her!!! Thanks again for posting about the
Thumbguard!

Lynn (Mommy to Jenna and Charlie 8/30/00)

Old March 23rd 04, 06:35 PM
KimandJuan

Just curious, do you put it on both hands. Or does she only prefer the one
thumb?

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02