Boy/Girl Anatomy - Ack! They are asking!!!

Old June 24th 04, 04:18 AM
Megan Byrne

Default Boy/Girl Anatomy - Ack! They are asking!!!

Well, at least you can say "penis", LOL, I'm even uncomfortable with
that! My guys are stilla little young, but I admit to being a horrible
mother and refer to both areas on my b/g twins a "pee pee". Sorry! I'm
anxious to hear what other posters say.

Megan~
Mommy to
Aidan & Alexis born 9/28/02
Twin Angels..
baby boy 6/20/01 (18 weeks)
baby girl 7/1/01 (20 weeks)

www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aidannalexis

Old June 24th 04, 04:45 AM
Poglady

Not answering your question but funny...........

my 4 year old boys once saw me with a tampon. They already know that girls
don't have penises and mommy is a girl. I realized that they didn't really
understand until one day after they saw the tampon they told my dh that
"mommy's penis broke"

Silly boys. LOL

Old June 24th 04, 09:53 AM
Chotii

"Kender" wrote in message
Not sure about all those terms for 'down there' but as for the chest part
we've always called them breasts or (I hate to admit) boobies. Boys and
girls both have them. I often ask Evan where his boobies are. I guess
nipples would really apply but hey. Girl's breasts are bigger because they
store and use them for milk eventually when they have babies. I haven't
gotten into the what if they don't have babies etc but I guess the
description is still the same except they never fill up with milk.

Charlie has known for over a year now that he pees from him penis.

Around
that same time, also asked what Jenna had. So, we've just always kept

it
simple by saying that "Boys have penises, and girls don't." He was

always
satisfied with that answer. Then she started asking too, and we told

her
the same thing. Pretty satisfied. Then it was "Do you have a penis,
Mommy?" "No, Mommy is a girl, so no penis." Satisfied.

Recently, Jenna has become frustrated with that answer and wants more
specifics. She'll say "No, Mommy... what is it (pointing to herself)
*called*?"

What I've done is have my girls sit down, and I'll move their fingers to
point to various parts of their own anatomy. "This is your vagina. This is
where babies come out. It's also where mommy bleeds every month, and that's
normal, every woman does that. This is your urethra. This is where your pee
comes out. This is your anus, it's where your poop comes out. After you
touch, you have to wash with soap and water, because although your private
parts are yours, and they're your own germs, you don't want to get those
germs in your face. These are your private parts. You may touch them if you
like, but do it in private, nobody needs to see that. Nobody else is allowed
to touch them except mommy or daddy if you ask because something hurts, or
the doctor at an appointment if mommy or daddy is there."

Very straightforward. They've seen daddy without clothes on, and they know
that daddies (and by extension all boys) have penises. They don't find this
too remarkable or even very interesting. But they have no brothers to
compare bits with, so I've never really had to answer little boy questions.

--angela

Old June 24th 04, 10:12 AM
Chotii

"Kender" wrote in message
Not sure about all those terms for 'down there' but as for the chest part
we've always called them breasts or (I hate to admit) boobies. Boys and
girls both have them. I often ask Evan where his boobies are. I guess
nipples would really apply but hey. Girl's breasts are bigger because they
store and use them for milk eventually when they have babies. I haven't
gotten into the what if they don't have babies etc but I guess the
description is still the same except they never fill up with milk.

I call breasts 'nursies' when referring to nursing the baby, and 'breasts'
when being more anatomical. My daughters, who were all breastfed or
breastmilk fed, still insist on feeding their dollies with bottles "because
I don't have any milk in my nursies, mommy."

--angela