what a day......

Old November 11th 03, 06:06 PM
Andrea

Default what a day......

After 9 or more positive pregnancy tests, followed by negative tests with no
bleeding but pain, my dr sent me for my u/s, but when I got there I was
told as my tests were negative that they wouldn't scan me unless their test
was positive! That's why I was there! I was so angry, as they had done a u/s
on my sister the week before without testing.

Problem is I got home to find chicken pox rash spreading like wildfire on
both my arms. My 5 month old Kami is just getting over chicken pox. I
thought I had them when I was a kid, and considered this to be shingles, but
to be shingles it would be on one side of my body.

Could the chicken pox have caused all this, considering I would have been
incubating the virus before the spots showed?

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 5 months 20lbs

Old November 11th 03, 06:37 PM
SMK

Andrea wrote:

After 9 or more positive pregnancy tests, followed by negative tests with no
bleeding but pain, my dr sent me for my u/s, but when I got there I was
told as my tests were negative that they wouldn't scan me unless their test
was positive! That's why I was there! I was so angry, as they had done a u/s
on my sister the week before without testing.

Problem is I got home to find chicken pox rash spreading like wildfire on
both my arms. My 5 month old Kami is just getting over chicken pox. I
thought I had them when I was a kid, and considered this to be shingles, but
to be shingles it would be on one side of my body.

Could the chicken pox have caused all this, considering I would have been
incubating the virus before the spots showed?

Andrea,
I am so sorry you are going through all this. The chicken pox incubation
could have delayed your period. I am not sure if it could have caused an
early miscariage(missed). I do know getting chicken pox in the early
stages of pregnancy is not good for the baby. What ever it is I do hope
you recover from this soon and that everything turns out ok for you.

--
Vidya
mom to Vandu(4)

Old November 12th 03, 02:27 AM
A&G&K

"Andrea" wrote in message
[...]

Oh I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this.
I had a D&C at 9w1d (on Monday - missed m/c) and have been beating myself up
about a fever and rash that DD had right about when they estimated the baby
had died (didn't feel remotely ill myself though, but it was a fleeting
fever / rash on DD). I don't think there is anyway to tell at such an early
stage .... but I'm thinking that it can't have helped.
I hope you heal quickly and get better soon.
Amanda

PS your 5 mo weighs more than my 15 mo DD!! Way to go

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 03

Old November 12th 03, 10:29 AM
Andrea

"A&G&K" wrote in message ...

"Andrea" wrote in message...

[...]

Oh Amanda the fever your DD had will not have been responsible. Please,
please don't beat yourself up over it. I was worried because I know chicken
pox is bad if contracted at the begining of pregnancy or at the end.
I am feeling so lost, they won't do a u/s, but offered me blood tests, but
nothing is going to show if the baby has died. They were so awful to me, I
just ran out of there. They told me if it was an ectopic then a test would
show up positive, but if the baby has died how can that be?
9 positive pregnancy tests without bleeding, and i'm worried sick. I wish I
would bleed to put my mind at rest.
I miscarried a month before conceiving Kami. I was devastated. I'd had 4
pregnancies no miscarriages until then. I bought one of those tiny guardian
healing angel charms, and all I wished for was to be pregnant. I couldn't
face my kids for a few days. I just felt like my life had to be on hold till
I was pregnant.
The next month I was pregnant. Then I have a u/s to be told i'm going to
miscarry due to a large sub-chorionic bleed in the womb. I was devastated.
But Kamron is here, and proved them wrong.

Angela, don't ever blame yourself, and I hope that you can start to heal.
You will never forget, but do something symbolic for your baby like buy a
necklace or charm, to carry with you to dedicate to your little one. That
helped me a lot.

If ever you need to talk feel free to email me at andrea22_uk @ hotmail .
com
Just squish the letters/symbols back 2gether!

--
Andrea mom of 5 - latest addition Kamron David 5 months 20lbs