35 weeks water leaking and breech

Old June 8th 07, 11:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

Default 35 weeks water leaking and breech

I have had a very hard time with this pregnancy. 35 weeks ago my water
is leaking and now today I found out it is breech and i maybe looking
at a c section. I am scared.

Old June 8th 07, 11:43 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
[email protected]

On Jun 8, 5:29 pm, NL wrote:
wrote:
I have had a very hard time with this pregnancy. 35 weeks ago my water
is leaking and now today I found out it is breech and i maybe looking
at a c section. I am scared.

What kind of breech? Is this your first child? Can you find a
midwife/doctor who's experienced delivering breech babies?

I have asked my midwife about possible breech deliveries and she doesn't
recommend c-section. She works in a hospital and does homebirths as
well, but for breech she'd have me come into hospital and she'd find a
doc who's experienced with breech deliveries and we'd go that way then.
This is my second baby though, and my first had a kind of big head (36cm
circumference, that's 14.17 inches), so that might be a factor. But she
also says that most babies know what they're doing when they present
"bottom down". (Some babies bottoms are just bigger than their heads.)

cu
nicole

The head is up and facing out. The problem is that the fluid is
leaking and he does not feel its safe to try and turn the baby. This
is my 3rd child the other 2 were vaginal births. I am more worried
that I am loosing the fluid and that i will go into labor and have to
be rushed into a c section. The idea has always scared me that I would
have to have a csection.

Old June 9th 07, 12:26 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Oh, look I found something about leaking fluid: Maybe that'll help?
http://en.allexperts.com/q/ObGyn-Pre...fluid-leak.htm

Also, a birth story of a vaginal foot first breech delivery at 35 weeks
which you may or may not want to read.
http://www.homebirth.org.uk/ruth.htm

cu
nicole
Old June 9th 07, 05:48 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

The head is up and facing out. The problem is that the fluid is
leaking and he does not feel its safe to try and turn the baby. This
is my 3rd child the other 2 were vaginal births. I am more worried
that I am loosing the fluid and that i will go into labor and have to
be rushed into a c section. The idea has always scared me that I would
have to have a csection.

you need to find out your care providers policy for breeches, if you don't
like it, you need to find another one fast, unfortunately in many places, it
just isn't possible to find someone who will deliver a breech, so you also
need to ask about options for trying to turn the baby, some people do have
the philosopy that babies are breech for a reason, I'm not really convinced
either way, I suspect sometimes they are, sometimes there are factors than
encourage it, but don't make it better and other times it's just random.
Find out if your provider offers ECV and look at places like gentlebirth.org
for other ways of turning a breech.

Regarding the amniotic fluid leak, has this been confirmed? If it has then
your provider is taking very conservative management, as it is an infection
risk, though I think more slight than some would have you believe, so some
monitoring may be prudent. On the other hand it's normal for women to have
very watery vaginal discharge, any possibility it could be that? It could
even be urine, if it's a trickle it is difficult to tell where it came from
and it wouldn't be that uncommon in a 3rd pregnancy.

Cheers

Anne

Old June 9th 07, 06:17 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Pologirl

Jenn2 wrote:
The problem is that the fluid is
leaking and he does not feel its safe to try and turn the baby.

Have you been getting bi-weekly non-stress tests and ultrasounds all
the weeks that this leak has been going? What is your AFI? Is there
oligohydramnios (low amniotic fluid volume)? My AFI measured low
during much of my 2nd pregnancy, so I read up on it. If there is
severe oligohydramnios, the breech may be not correctable. So your
choices are a C-section with this obstetrician or a vaginal delivery
with someone else who is skilled in breech vaginal deliveries. You
don't want this OB to try it.

I am more worried
that I am loosing the fluid and that i will go into labor and have to
be rushed into a c section.

I had the idea that oligohydramnios could cause premature labor, but
when I looked for evidence in PubMed I found none. And I am very,
very thorough.

Tell us more about this scenario you're dealing with. Maybe we can
help. I'm a little confused...how many weeks are you at now? Why
should going into spontaneous labor mean an emergency C-section?

Pologirl
mother of 2

Old June 9th 07, 08:08 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

I had the idea that oligohydramnios could cause premature labor, but
when I looked for evidence in PubMed I found none. And I am very,
very thorough.

Any chance you could write a few paragraphs on how you do this, where you
look etc. I'm trying to research something at the moment I'm getting
somewhere, but I think one barrier to progress is just not using the tools
as well as possible. I'm using the search on PubMed (via pubmed.com, which
redirects), but I'm not clear on what the scope of this is, what proportion
of the total it indexes etc. and whether I can narrow searches down, or
expand them in some way, I tend to get a lot that are not relevant, then
stumble rather than rigorously search on helpful things. When you find
stuff, how do you keep track of it, do you copy abstracts into a text file
or something?

Tell us more about this scenario you're dealing with. Maybe we can
help. I'm a little confused...how many weeks are you at now? Why
should going into spontaneous labor mean an emergency C-section?

I read it as thinking that waters leaking may be sign of impending labour,
and hence arriving in the hospital with a breech presenting baby
necessitating emergency c-section (even if there is some time, it's still
unplanned which means neither mother nor surgeon is prepared, it might be
slightly better than a very speedy one, but worse than a well planned one).
My suspicion is that leaking waters (which some people don't even believe to
exist) would be far far less of a sign of impending labour then full rupture
of membranes, which I think has figures of over 90% going into labour within
72, or maybe 96hrs, certainly within WHO guidelines for timing of birth, but
a lesser proportion do within in the time many doctors particularly in the
US are prepared to wait.

Cheers

Anne
Pologirl
mother of 2

Old June 10th 07, 02:40 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Leslie

On Jun 8, 6:06?pm, wrote:
I have had a very hard time with this pregnancy. 35 weeks ago my water
is leaking and now today I found out it is breech and i maybe looking
at a c section. I am scared.

You've gotten good advice on what to do about the breech. I hope you
end up without a section. But you won't do yourself any good getting
all worked up about the possibility. Instead, use this time to
prepare just in case. I've had three sections. Some people have very
lilttle pain; others have more. You have the right to ask for
medication for whatever pain you have. I always got prescription
strenght ibuprofen and something stronger like Lortab (I think). You
get to take both and it really helps. You also want to have someone
at home to help you for as long as possible. I usually had someone
around most of the time for at least a week after I got out of the
hospital. Try to get some meals lined up and people to take the other
kids off your hands. A c-section IS major surgery so don't let anyone
make you feel like it's strange that you are in pain or don't bounce
back immediately. My first two sections were for breech babies so I
really know how you feel. Keep us updated!

Leslie

Old June 10th 07, 02:56 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
beyond the pale

wrote
The head is up and facing out. The problem is that the fluid is
leaking and he does not feel its safe to try and turn the baby. This
is my 3rd child the other 2 were vaginal births. I am more worried
that I am loosing the fluid and that i will go into labor and have to
be rushed into a c section. The idea has always scared me that I would
have to have a csection.

I don't know what to tell you about your situation, just wanted to tell you
that I empathize with you and hope everything works out well for you. Having
a c-section is one of my biggest fears, it's pretty scary to me, so I
totally understand that factor. Good luck..

Breech @ 33 Weeks Jennin Pregnancy 8 April 3rd 06 11:12 PM
Water Leaking Fiona Pregnancy 4 February 12th 05 08:11 AM
29 weeks and still breech!!! Sunshine Pregnancy 6 September 9th 04 01:56 PM
water breaking /leaking question ted Pregnancy 4 February 10th 04 01:49 AM
Breech at 30 weeks dw Pregnancy 15 January 30th 04 01:46 PM