Old December 4th 03, 07:49 PM
Kane

Default | Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work...

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:38:43 -0800, Doan wrote:

And others may disagree with you! ;-)

But then what happens to that "standard" in "reasonable standard," eh?

Apparently you wish to refute yourself rather than refute me.

If one is to have a "standard," one is stretching credulity just a tad
to claim that "others" might not agree with it, don't you think?

I mean, it immediately becomes NOT a standard because two or more
folks that have a similar characteristic of "reasonable" "may disagree
with you."

Right?

Doan

I'm sure you can find scientific support for your two somewhat
paradoxical stances on this issue.

I love being educated. Educate me.

Kane

I consider myself a reasonable person.

As a reasonable person, I think that more or less any form of

violence
against children and child beating, is not reasonable and is child
abuse, at the very least when it is applied to toddlers.

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 14:19:18 -0800, Doan wrote:
So Doan, you think that spanking is not a form of beating. I

think
that you have been asked a valid question:

Just what is the difference between spanking and beating?

It is based on the "reasonable person" standard.

Just where does the boundary lie?

It is where a "reasonable" person said it is. The is the same
question
in the 80's with regard to pornography. Where do draw the line?

Old December 4th 03, 08:01 PM
Doan

On 4 Dec 2003, Kane wrote:

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:38:43 -0800, Doan wrote:

And others may disagree with you! ;-)

But then what happens to that "standard" in "reasonable standard," eh?

Reasonable doesn't mean no disagreement! Are you so stupid??? ;-)
Reasonable means:
1. Capable of reasoning; rational: a reasonable person.
2. Governed by or being in accordance with reason or sound thinking: a
reasonable solution to the problem.
3. Being within the bounds of common sense: arrive home at a reasonable
hour.
4. Not excessive or extreme; fair: reasonable prices.

Apparently you wish to refute yourself rather than refute me.

Apparently, you're too stupid to understand.

If one is to have a "standard," one is stretching credulity just a tad
to claim that "others" might not agree with it, don't you think?

No!

I mean, it immediately becomes NOT a standard because two or more
folks that have a similar characteristic of "reasonable" "may disagree
with you."

Right?

Nope!

Doan

Kids should work... Doan Spanking 33 December 10th 03 08:05 PM
Kids should work. Doan Spanking 2 December 2nd 03 06:35 PM
misc.kids FAQ on breastpumps, Part 1/2 Beth Weiss Info and FAQ's 1 November 27th 03 11:49 AM