Fitting in to new town

Old July 13th 03, 08:52 PM
TWilson

Default Fitting in to new town

Hi, we have just moved and our 6 year old daughter is having a hard
time. What is a good way to find friends for her? Tracey

Old July 13th 03, 09:39 PM
Ann Porter

"TWilson" wrote in message
om...
Hi, we have just moved and our 6 year old daughter is having a hard
time. What is a good way to find friends for her? Tracey

Things will pick up a LOT when school starts. That's just 5 weeks away for
my school-age son!

In the interim, you might want to see if you can get her into some swim
lessons or something that's a group activity for kids her age. A lot of
that sort of thing is booked in advance, so there may not be much
opportunity. You may want to check up on special activities at the local
library, too.

Best,
Ann

Old July 14th 03, 03:05 AM
just me

"TWilson" wrote in message
om...
Hi, we have just moved and our 6 year old daughter is having a hard
time. What is a good way to find friends for her? Tracey

Along with the other good suggestions: going to the park to play, or the
town pool to swim are often good places to meet new friends. I have also
found that taking an evening walk [stroll] around the neighborhood helps
pinpoints homes with kids and often results in meeting them.

-Aula

---

Old July 14th 03, 07:41 PM
Bonnie Gokey

Another good option is finding a Mom's play group. The kids might be a bit
younger, but you never know, some times they have kids as old at 10 a those
group meetings. Yahoo has a lot of mailing lists by geographic region and
you might find something near you that would work.
Bonnie

om...

Old July 14th 03, 08:15 PM
Penny Gaines

TWilson wrote in :

Hi, we have just moved and our 6 year old daughter is having a hard
time. What is a good way to find friends for her? Tracey

It can be really tough. I wouldn't neccessarily look for 'friends' just
people to play with.

When we moved the only child we found was a neighbours' kid.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

Old July 14th 03, 08:26 PM
Penny Gaines

Default Back to school (was Fitting in to new town)

MarjiG wrote in :

Things will pick up a LOT when school starts. That's just 5 weeks away
for my school-age son!

Less than 4 for my kids... There were back to school ads in this morning's
paper.

There were "back to school" promotions in our area by last week: and our
schools haven't even broken up for their six week holiday yet.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three

Old July 15th 03, 12:41 PM
just me

"Penny Gaines" wrote in message
MarjiG wrote in :

Things will pick up a LOT when school starts. That's just 5 weeks away
for my school-age son!

Less than 4 for my kids... There were back to school ads in this

morning's
paper.

There were "back to school" promotions in our area by last week: and our
schools haven't even broken up for their six week holiday yet.

and here in Florida we go back to school during the first 11 days of August,
depending on which County one resides in. I love diversity! You Aussies
out on a mid-winter break, by any chance?

-Aula

---

Old July 16th 03, 01:03 AM
==Daye==

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:41:30 EDT, "just me"
wrote:

You Aussies
out on a mid-winter break, by any chance?

Victorian schools went back this Monday. It was only a 2 week
break between terms. We have all year school here -- there is no
long summer break.

--
==Daye==
Momma to Jayan
#2 EDD 11 Jan 2004
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au