Poll

Old July 31st 06, 11:45 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
CME

Default Poll

"'Kate" wrote in message
news
Does your definition of "success" include remarrying?

Marrying at all, let along 'remarrying' doesn't even factor into whether or
not I think I'm successful in life. Finding someone to be with maybe but I
don't have to be married to be happy, in fact I think it would make me
unhappy.

Christine

Old August 1st 06, 12:15 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Mike

Would getting remarried make me successful? No, I'm already successful... a
28 yo with a solid growing career as a professional programmer, even with
only a college degree, being a single father with his own house, a published
writer, member of my city's Symphony Orchestra Chorus, among other things,
already qualifies me as successful (yes, I guess I'm boasting a bit).

But, dad gum, it sure would be nice to have someone to share all of this
with. What good is success if you're lonely to the point of tears on a
nightly basis?

c'est la vie

mike

Old August 1st 06, 12:18 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Mike

oops... I meant without a college degree, with only a HS diploma (::ahem:.
but the point is the same... anyways...

k.net...

Old August 1st 06, 10:34 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 23:18:23 GMT, "Mike"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

oops... I meant without a college degree, with only a HS diploma
(::ahem:.
but the point is the same... anyways...

Yep... same point.
You sure have a lot going for you. It's easy to let the everyday stuff
get in the way of taking stock of who you are and how you got there.

To me, success is having something to look forward to learning, doing,
and seeing.

And I was defining success as being able to sit back and feel like you did a
good job.

(in whatever)

Old August 1st 06, 09:47 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 09:34:43 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 23:18:23 GMT, "Mike"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

oops... I meant without a college degree, with only a HS diploma
(::ahem:.
but the point is the same... anyways...

Yep... same point.
You sure have a lot going for you. It's easy to let the everyday stuff
get in the way of taking stock of who you are and how you got there.

To me, success is having something to look forward to learning, doing,
and seeing.

And I was defining success as being able to sit back and feel like you did
good job.

(in whatever)

:-) That sounds a lot more relaxing!

Works pretty well - and it can apply to anything from a project at work that
is successfully completed, to a crocheting project that turns out looking
like the pattern picture, to getting that closet FINALLY cleaned out, to
having your child write a thank you note without you nagging them :-)

Old August 2nd 06, 10:53 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 20:47:58 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 09:34:43 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
m...
[...]

:-) You crochet! Me too! When time permits, of course.

Go to craftster.org - it's a wonderful crafting community - and in addition
to all the crafts, they do 'swaps' - my daughter just sent her finished
project to the other person, even though it didn't have to "have to be sent"
until the 15th

And maybe some day I"ll finish this crocheted jacket/top - started it July
4, up to the 2nd sleeve.

Old August 2nd 06, 03:11 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Zorro

Default Crafting was Poll

"'Kate" wrote ...

"Moon Shyne" the following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

:-) You crochet! Me too! When time permits, of course.

Go to craftster.org - it's a wonderful crafting community - and in
addition
to all the crafts, they do 'swaps' - my daughter just sent her finished
project to the other person, even though it didn't have to "have to be
sent"
until the 15th

And maybe some day I"ll finish this crocheted jacket/top - started it July
4, up to the 2nd sleeve.

I haven't done anything that ambitious in a long time. I have a filet
crochet block of a flamingo started - a gift for my sister's
housewarming.

The website was down... I'll check back with them in a couple of days
though.

always thought of you two as being *Very* crotchety...

oh wait!... thats not right...

heh ;-)

Old August 14th 06, 06:57 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Tiffany

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:11:01 +0100, "Zorro" the
[...]

LOL... and today, that may well be true.
End of summer vacation for the kids. I'm ready for them to go back to
school.... not looking forward to all the driving though. Our gas/petrol
prices have risen so quickly that my pocketbook can't keep up.

Back to school! Oh lucky you. I have to wait till the end of the month.

Crafty folks here. I sort of make jewelry (haven't lately) and I just
invested in my own sewing machine. I use to sew many moons ago. So I am
going to make some curtains once I find the material I want. I was able to
finally hem some pants too! Wow... clothes that actually fit.

(Yeah, my reply here is a bit delayed.... sorry. :/)

Old August 14th 06, 09:57 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Moon Shyne

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

You might be interested in www.craftster.org

It's a website for "rebel crafters" - and it's a lot of fun.

Old August 15th 06, 02:59 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Tiffany

"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

Oh that looks like fun. Will definitely be checking that website out
regular. Thanks.