rant

Old August 27th 06, 07:31 PM posted to misc.kids
Jennifer Massey-Howe

Default rant

My DD keeps pulling her clothes out of her dresser drawers. How can I get
her to stop her from doing this. She is also pulling the clothes out of her
brother's dresser as well. I have done the you gotta pick it up and give me
the clothes to put away. I have done the cleaning myself but this is
starting to get very irritating. We don't have another place to put the
dressers there is no room in our bedroom. Any ideas would be accepted at
this point. DD just turned 3.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03 (devil in disquise)
Alex 6/4/05

Old August 27th 06, 09:07 PM posted to misc.kids
happy2bmom

I don't know if you have already tried these and maybe your daughter
has already figured them out, but you can buy litle cabinet/drawer
safety latches. We have pourchased them at Babies R Us and at Target.
Here is a link to the style we used so you can see the picture and/or
purchase on line. My son doesn't go after drawers too much, so I am
not the best to say how well they work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=baby-products

I have heard good things about the magnetic lock, that it is worth the
higher price:

http://perfectlysafe.stores.yahoo.net/totstarkit2l.html

http://store.babycenter.com/product/...=11-13425236-2

Here are some other varieties of drawer latches:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=baby-products

http://www.hechinger.com/web/catalog...F58624524E1DD8

http://www.babyhomesafety.com/kitchen.htm

Good luck!

Old August 27th 06, 09:07 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

Jennifer Massey-Howe wrote:
My DD keeps pulling her clothes out of her dresser drawers. How can I get
her to stop her from doing this. She is also pulling the clothes out of her
brother's dresser as well. I have done the you gotta pick it up and give me
the clothes to put away. I have done the cleaning myself but this is
starting to get very irritating. We don't have another place to put the
dressers there is no room in our bedroom. Any ideas would be accepted at
this point. DD just turned 3.

Fit childproof catches on the drawers?

I know some are easy for kids to learn how to get round but I've
recently bought a set for cupboards that screw on and have some kind of
magnetic lock on them that you can only open with a "key" (a sort of
magnetic knob-thing). Needless to say, they're still in the packet, so
I don't know how good they are in practice.

Cheers

Helen

Old August 27th 06, 10:26 PM posted to misc.kids
Jennifer Massey-Howe

The only issue I see is that her dresser is an antique and I do not want to
be putting screws into it if you know what I mean. I have tried the
magnetic kind but she can still get those open. And my son's dresser is the
type that doesn't have knobs on it.

so not sure what I'm going to do.

Jennifer

oups.com...

Old August 27th 06, 10:38 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

In article ,
Jennifer Massey-Howe says...

The only issue I see is that her dresser is an antique and I do not want to
be putting screws into it if you know what I mean. I have tried the
magnetic kind but she can still get those open. And my son's dresser is the
type that doesn't have knobs on it.

so not sure what I'm going to do.

Jennifer

Then move everything out of those drawers temporarily until she passes through
this phase.

Banty

Old August 27th 06, 10:46 PM posted to misc.kids
Laura Faussone

Jennifer Massey-Howe wrote:
The only issue I see is that her dresser is an antique and I do not want to
be putting screws into it if you know what I mean. I have tried the
magnetic kind but she can still get those open. And my son's dresser is the
type that doesn't have knobs on it.

so not sure what I'm going to do.

Jennifer

My sub-optimal solution was not to keep clothes in the dresser
while they were in the drawer-emptying phase. I usually just
kept the kids' stuff in baskets in the laundry room. I don't
think FlyLady would approve, but it was better than having to
keep putting stuff away.

Old August 27th 06, 11:35 PM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

"Jennifer Massey-Howe" wrote:

My DD keeps pulling her clothes out of her dresser drawers. How can I get
her to stop her from doing this. She is also pulling the clothes out of her
brother's dresser as well. I have done the you gotta pick it up and give me
the clothes to put away. I have done the cleaning myself but this is
starting to get very irritating. We don't have another place to put the
dressers there is no room in our bedroom. Any ideas would be accepted at
this point. DD just turned 3.

You can't get her to stop it - This is a stage some of them go
through. DD#3 used to pull all the books out of the bookcase. But she
did it after dinner, and I dealt with it by taking her outside after
dinner and walking with her until bedtime. Is there any specific time
when she does this? Can you work the schedule so she's not in there
unsupervised at that time?

Possible suggestions
1) Take the clothes out of the drawers and put them somewhere like a
closet or a bookcase or into a drawer in your dresser. If you put the
clothing in the linen closet, then you can take the towels and sheets
and put them into those drawers. Wedge them in so that they are not
easy to remove. If there are no stretchers between drawers, load each
drawer from the top so that the stuff sticks up inside and keeps the
drawer from being pulled out.

2) Lock her out of the bedroom unless you are right there with her.
(Won't work too well if she does this before she goes to sleep at
night)

3) If you don't want to put locks on the drawers, or they don't work,
then strap the drawers shut (like with those straps they use on
suitcases) and maybe face the dressers toward the wall and fix it so
that they don't roll (if they have casters on the bottom) by putting
the legs into those rubber cups.

4) Switch dressers so that you can use one that you don't mind putting
screws into the drawers.

5) Put something into the drawers that you don't mind if she gets it
out and let her do it.

Old August 27th 06, 11:47 PM posted to misc.kids
c.

My 2.5 yo likes doing this lately too....my mediocre solutions have been
to a) remove all the 'extra' clothes that she doesn't wear very much and
put them up and away out of reach, only keeping the essentials in those
drawers (a few undies, a few pairs of shorts and a few shirts), and then
b)I have just given up on keeping her clothes folded, and so when she
pulls things out I just stick them back in, its not as time consuming as
having to keep it all folded and tidy.

c.

Old August 27th 06, 11:55 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup

"Jennifer Massey-Howe" wrote in message
My DD keeps pulling her clothes out of her dresser drawers. How can I get
her to stop her from doing this. She is also pulling the clothes out of
her brother's dresser as well. I have done the you gotta pick it up and
give me the clothes to put away. I have done the cleaning myself but this
is starting to get very irritating. We don't have another place to put
the dressers there is no room in our bedroom. Any ideas would be accepted
at this point. DD just turned 3.

LOL. I sort of miss that stage. I just stopped folding things and stuffed
them back in the drawers. Anything that needed to stay unwrinkled got hung
in the closet.

Bitter rant Andrew Single Parents 30 January 10th 04 10:13 AM
Wednesday Depression (Rant) Alison Breastfeeding 12 December 11th 03 12:09 PM
2 month WBV report, and rant Cheryl S. Breastfeeding 21 November 9th 03 04:31 AM