Foster Care Child Abuse Question??

Old January 10th 11, 06:31 PM posted to alt.support.foster-parents
MICHELLE H.

Default Foster Care Child Abuse Question??

I have a question about foster parenting that I hope someone can
answer??

I would like to know why the hell aren't foster parents submitted to
random monthly drug and alcohol tests!?

Here they are getting tax free money from the state, free WIC, free
foodstamps, free money for the foster kids clothes, birthday, Christmas
presents, etc, etc, yet they don't have to go for weekly or monthly drug
and alcohol testing!?

When a person goes out and applies for a job, chances are they have to
have a drug and/or alcohol test before they get the job. Why aren't
foster parents subjected to the same thing!?

The reason why I ask is, because my Portuguese neighbors ( a 51 year old
husband and his 50 year old wife ), are foster parents, and the husband
is a drunk, and an abuser!!!!

The guy constantly drinks all the time, and is outside in his yard
drinking beer at 9 am in the morning. Sometimes he sits on his stairs
and drinks vodka straight from the bottle. He gets drunk and pees in the
middle of his yard and in his driveway.

I don't know if he abuses his wife physically, but he definitely abuses
her verbally. He is always drunk and yelling and screaming at her saying
"F*ck you a-hole", and calling her a "bitch, slut, whore, etc". He does
all this right in front of the 10-11 year old foster kid that has been
with them for about 7 months now.

Sometimes he gets so hot-headed that when she comes out of the house and
gets in the car, he chases her down the driveway and sidewalk yelling,
screaming, and swearing at her. You can hear him screaming throughout
the whole entire neighborhood.

The wife is just as bad, because the other day she didn't want to bring
the kid with her when she was going out. They were fighting with each
other over who to watch the kid. She was going out, and she didn't want
to take the kid with her, and he was drunk and he didn't want the kid to
stay with him. He starts yelling and swearing at her right in front of
the kid. He tells her that if she drives away without the kid, then he's
taking off to, and leaving the kid alone.

It's okay that these people are getting tax free money every week, plus
free foodstamps, and stuff but neither of them want to watch the kid. It
shows me that they aren't doing this for the sake of the kid, but for
the free cash every week.

I guess it's okay that the wife can go on daily shopping sprees and get
her hair and nails done every week, and how the drunk husband can spend
all the money on booze, but they don't want anything to do with the
foster kid.

Now I know why the drunk husband has 3 grown up kids all in their 20's,
and they want nothing to do with him. I don't know why the wife stays
with this guy, and why she just doesn't leave him and divorce the jerk!?

The argument about watching the kid has gone on Three times now in the
last 2 weeks alone!!!! Last week the same thing happened, and she was
leaving to go somewhere and he wanted the kid to go with her, and she
wanted the kid to stay with him. Neither of them wanted to be stuck
watching the kid. The drunk husband/foster dad starting SCREAMING and
YELLING at the foster kid to "GET IN THE CAR AND JUST GET OUT OF
HERE!!!!". The foster kid was basically left in tears and visibly upset.

Why the hell are these people foster parents for!? For the free MONEY of
course, because NEITHER the husband or the wife works and has a real
job.

The other night he was out in the driveway drunk again, and she was
bringing out the trash barrel. He started swearing and screaming at her
about something. She went inside and slammed the door and shook the
whole house. He then got mad and kicked the door open and busted the
door!!!!

What a great environment for the foster kid to be in! I don't know why
the foster kid doesn't tell his teacher or social worker or something?

I always see ads in the newspaper that say:

"Open your hearts and your homes to a foster kid in need. Looking for
people to provide a warm and loving home to a child that has been abused
and or neglected".

Well this kid sure the hell isn't in a warm or loving home. He has two
foster parents that constantly fight over who is going to watch him. and
he has a foster dad that is a very VIOLENT and drunk alcoholic and
verbal abuser to everyone around him.

Why aren't these foster parents tested for mental history, as well as
for weekly or monthly random drug and alcohol tests?????