~ * A Morning Wood Annunciation ~ !***

Old October 7th 05, 08:23 PM

Default ~ * A Morning Wood Annunciation ~ !***

~ * ~
A Morning Wood ~
Public Service Annunciation
* Dogging Arts * Fogging Minds * It's a Star *
*
~ * ~

Today, Friday,
October 6, 2005

Art Education for the Blind
(AEB)

Will ring the closing bell
On the New York Stock Exchange
To celebrate ~

~ * Art Beyond Sight
Awareness Month 2005 * ~

Among our NYC Art Beyond Sight Partners represented at this event are
the Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Lower East
Side Tenement Museum, The Jewish Museum,

Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities and Sequa Corporation.

~ * ~

~ * About Awareness Month
Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month * ~

A time when museums, schools, service agencies for the blind, and
sighted and blind art lovers around the world unite to bring attention
to the need for and benefits of making art education, art-making
activities and visual culture accessible to children and adults who are
visually impaired.

It is a time we celebrate the contributions of blind and visually
impaired artists, and learn from them about multi-modal approaches to
learning for all.

When AEB established Art Beyond Sight Awareness Week/Month in 2003, it
lasted one week and had about 35 participants.

Last year, AEB extended it to two weeks, and had 71 organizations
working together toward our common goal.

Now, at the urging of many of last year's participants, we've made
it a month and are delighted to have passed our goal of 100
participants.

For more on AEB, Awareness Month and our partners
Go to ~

www.artbeyondsight.org

~ * ~
Blog, I'll warrant ye, or dog? Who knows. Pass the grog!
But if ye see me lost pup, please bring that scurvy dog home!
I got Leon a brand-new bone, with a chest full a' booty.
http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo