6 month old - cosleeping to crib?

Old November 27th 07, 08:23 PM posted to misc.kids
Psalm Nuclei

Default 6 month old - cosleeping to crib?

Oh, cosleeping suits us, that's not an issue at all. I just want to
make sure we're doing what's best, but I guess no one knows our child
better than we do, and if he's getting a good night's sleep, even with
me snoring, and he's happy, I guess that's as best as we can do.

Oh and I'm glad to know there are others here that cosleep too : )

Funny, he always faces mom (he was breastfed laying on his side like
that) and one time we swithched sides and he knew to roll the other
way ! lol
Old November 27th 07, 08:54 PM posted to misc.kids
cjra

On Nov 27, 11:14 am, Beliavsky wrote:
On Nov 27, 11:58 am, Psalm Nuclei wrote:

Well thanks for the info everyone.

DW and I had a nice talk last night and we decided to continue
cosleeping with our baby. She likes it, I like it, he loves it, and
really, that's all that matters - his happiness.

You have the right to set your priorities that way, but I think
parents should consider the happiness of everyone, including
themselves, when making decisions. Parents need not be martyrs.
Unhappiness of parents may affect how they interact with their
children, and kids themselves will be happier in the long run if they
realize that other people do not view their happiness as the only or
even primary consideration.

What part of "She likes it, I like it, he loves it" suggests the
parents are being martyrs?

Personally we co-sleep for our own sanity. It makes life much easier.
Old November 27th 07, 09:03 PM posted to misc.kids
Beliavsky

On Nov 27, 2:54 pm, cjra wrote:

What part of "She likes it, I like it, he loves it" suggests the
parents are being martyrs?

I was reacting to the last part of the sentence

Old November 27th 07, 09:09 PM posted to misc.kids
cjra

On Nov 27, 2:03 pm, Beliavsky wrote:
On Nov 27, 2:54 pm, cjra wrote:

What part of "She likes it, I like it, he loves it" suggests the
parents are being martyrs?

I was reacting to the last part of the sentence

"She likes it, I like it, he loves it, and really, that's all that
matters - his happiness."

Acknowledging your child's happiness while at the same time you are
happy hardly counts as martyrdom.
Old November 28th 07, 01:08 PM posted to misc.kids
Irrational Number

Psalm Nuclei wrote:

We're going to have to do it eventually, we don't want him sleeping
with us past 1 year.

Do what works for your family. Since we are still
cosleeping at ages 4 (with DH) and 2 (with me), I'm
no help in transitioning techniques!

-- Anita --
Old November 28th 07, 08:52 PM posted to misc.kids
[email protected]

On Nov 27, 10:58 am, Psalm Nuclei wrote:
Well thanks for the info everyone.

DW and I had a nice talk last night and we decided to continue
cosleeping with our baby. She likes it, I like it, he loves it, and
really, that's all that matters - his happiness.

Co-sleeping is very nice if the baby and you sleep peacefully. I had
one heck of a time with my kids. They insisted on co-sleeping and once
we're in bed they wouldn't sleep. They would just latch on all night
and I couldn't even move. I had terrible backache for several months
at a time because of this. Even now at ages 3 and 4, they come to my
bed in early morning hours and they won't sleep. They wiggle and stay
awake and keep me awake the whole time.

I'm one of the rare parents who disliked co-sleeping so much that if a
new parents asks me I advise them to not start co-sleeping in the
first place.