HEAD LICE I HATE THEM!!!! I HAVE A QUESTION??????

Old July 22nd 06, 08:59 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated
[email protected]

Default HEAD LICE I HATE THEM!!!! I HAVE A QUESTION??????

my husband has a daughter from previous marriage she is 10 yrs old she
came to our house for summer break and was infested with creepy
crawling bugs.we noticed it the day after we picked her up so we
treated her and the whole house everything you can imagine!!! she was
infested with nits she stayed with us for 2weeks and they were gone oh
also are 3yr old got them aswell. after she left we treated house again
to be safe because the directions say to do so which means wash spray
wash spray dry dry dry dry dry everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she
had a very bad case. so we picked her up yesterday to come stay
with us for the week and we got her in the car and started looking
complete infestation again my husband saw 2 live bugs and 100's of nits
literally she has thick thick hair. so we stopped at drug store bought
all the stuff again brought her home and treated her there were so many
nits we picked and picked for 3 hours me and my 3yr old are leaving for
vacation to see my family i told my husband i cant keep going thrue
this and i dont want to take it to my familys house so we took her home
this morning and bought shampoo spray and everything for her mothers
house her mother is obviously out there to allow this for her daughter
my question is were we wrong for taking her back this would be the 3rd
time in the past 2 months dealing with this...
Please let me know Thanks!!!!!

Old July 24th 06, 02:48 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated
dragonlady

In article . com,
wrote:

[...]

I had a real problem with one of my kids continuing to get reinfested --
don't be too quick to blame her mom! Some kids just seem to be lice
magnents, and pick it up over and over. And I didn't always catch it
early (it was one of the ways I realized just how bad my vision has
gotten, and DH just didn't pay enough attention to notice. They
apparently didn't bother my daughter enough to complain.)

Frankly, the shampoos and sprays never seemed to work too well for us.
What finally DID work was an enzyme that disolves their bodies (and the
nits), along with short hair cuts for everyone (to cut down on the
nit-combing.)

I don't think you were necessarily wrong (though I might insist her DAD
take more of the time doing the picking), but you probably need to be
careful not to assume that this has anything to do with her Mom being a
bad parent.

Another child killed in kincare Kane General 39 February 12th 04 07:55 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 04:23 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 04:28 AM