Toddler videos -- opinions please!

Old July 10th 03, 10:07 PM
Truffles

Default Toddler videos -- opinions please!

==Daye== wrote:

Hey all...

My DD got 2 "Magic, Faraway Tree" videos for her birthday. She
loves them, and she asks to watch them over and over. I realize
that is typical toddler behaviour.

I am looking to get her some more videos. We have a couple of
Sesame Street videos that she likes.

What videos do or did your toddler like to watch???

Currently,

Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.

:-D

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old July 10th 03, 10:08 PM
Irish Marie

"==Daye==" wrote in message
Hey all...

My DD got 2 "Magic, Faraway Tree" videos for her birthday. She
loves them, and she asks to watch them over and over. I realize
that is typical toddler behaviour.

I am looking to get her some more videos. We have a couple of
Sesame Street videos that she likes.

What videos do or did your toddler like to watch???

I'm not sure if you can get the same kids videos in Australia as here, but I
shall tell you which videos my kids loved.
My DD's favourites we
Teletubbies, but she grew out of that when she was under 3.
Tot's TV
Rosie & Jim

DS's favourites were/a
Brum
Thomas the Tank Engine
Bob the Builder

They both love Maisy the Little Mouse, Budgie the Little Helicopter and Toy
Story/Toy Story 2

HTH
Marie

Old July 10th 03, 10:11 PM
Irish Marie

"Truffles" wrote in message
==Daye== wrote:

Hey all...

My DD got 2 "Magic, Faraway Tree" videos for her birthday. She
loves them, and she asks to watch them over and over. I realize
that is typical toddler behaviour.

I am looking to get her some more videos. We have a couple of
Sesame Street videos that she likes.

What videos do or did your toddler like to watch???

Currently,

Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.
Monsters, Inc.

:-D

ROFLMAO!!
I forgot that is another favourite in this house too!
Marie

Old July 11th 03, 02:37 AM

==Daye== wrote:
Hey all...

My DD got 2 "Magic, Faraway Tree" videos for her birthday. She
loves them, and she asks to watch them over and over. I realize
that is typical toddler behaviour.

I am looking to get her some more videos. We have a couple of
Sesame Street videos that she likes.

What videos do or did your toddler like to watch???

Our dau's was always: "My Little Pony" (She is 21 now.) Our son (5) loved
the original: Jungle Book (we rented Jungle Book II, he loves that) Also
Dragon Tales, although I've only been able to find one Dragon Tales video.
Another gem that we found at a yard sale is: 'Toy Songs, Sing Along'
From the back cover: "Introducing Sing-Along songs in exciting, 3-D
animation! Featuring all-time favorites as "Old McDonald," "the ABC
Song" and I'm a Little Teapot." it's entertaining and educational. From
"Itsi Bitsi Spider" and "this Old Man" to "The Wheels on the Bus" and
"Somewhere on the Planet," children will sing along, laugh and learn
about caring for our planet and all living thing. Anyone who loved the
3-D animation in Toy Story will love Toy Songs!"
copyright M3D Inc. (I think this is available in the U.K. according to the
dust jacket)
And of course, all of the Little Foot
Video's. (Land Before Time series) And the "Magic School Bus" (local
library usually has great selection) 'He' has way to-o-o many activities to
watch video's all the time, but once years ago, he said the cutest thing
when requesting to watch his 'Noddy Shop' tape; "I bet all my old friends
missed me." I think the best part, and maybe most overlooked of watching
video's is when we sit down with our children and watch it with them and
then discuss it with them. The TV should not be a babysitter, rather (imo)
a learning tool. I always do this with video's or TV. (sigh, time goes by
too fast
den.
Old July 11th 03, 02:56 PM
Ali's Daddie

"==Daye==" wrote in message
Hey all...

My DD got 2 "Magic, Faraway Tree" videos for her birthday. She
loves them, and she asks to watch them over and over. I realize
that is typical toddler behaviour.

I am looking to get her some more videos. We have a couple of
Sesame Street videos that she likes.

What videos do or did your toddler like to watch???

--
==Daye==
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au
Momma to Jayan (6/01) and Smudge EDD 11 Jan 2004

*I* happen to be partial to Allegra's Window ;-)

Other than that, my 3 1/2 year old niece (she NEVER lets me forget the 1/2
lol) loves Dora the Explorer (Thankfully because we want her to learn
Spanish and this is an *ok* start) The Toy Story movies (which seems to be
rather common) She also happens to *love* the Jurassic Park movies (all 3 of
them) But she has liked those since she was old enough to say "park".

She likes Bob The Builder (as she says, "Buy the puter" lol), Wizard Of Oz
(the original, not the second) and just about anything with fun music and
dancing and silly sounds.

Oddly enough, another favorite of hers is "Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert"
She has a fascination with ABBA music because of it lol.

--

LES!

Daddie to Alegra Lee. May 25th 2003!
"Daddie's Little Diva"

before you reply to me via email, please remove your hat

ourHat

--
Take a look at my eBay auctions I just might have something you can't live
without :-)

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/dads2003/

Old July 11th 03, 02:59 PM
Ali's Daddie

"==Daye==" wrote in message
Hey all...

My DD got 2 "Magic, Faraway Tree" videos for her birthday. She
loves them, and she asks to watch them over and over. I realize
that is typical toddler behaviour.

I am looking to get her some more videos. We have a couple of
Sesame Street videos that she likes.

What videos do or did your toddler like to watch???

--
==Daye==
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au
Momma to Jayan (6/01) and Smudge EDD 11 Jan 2004

LOL! Jarrod just reminded me of another of Kris' favorites. The movie "The
Little Rascals". She looks *just* like the girl that plays Darla.

The weekend of the 4th (last weekend) she was swimming with Jarrods mom, and
started quoting the letter that Alfalfa writes to Darla.

She started saying: "Dear Darla, I hate your stinkin' guts, you make me
vomit, you are the scum between my toes, love alfalfa"

Well, Jarrod's mom has never seen the movie and nearly fell over until we
told her what it was...

Personally, I dislike her using the word "hate" but it was quite funny!

Old July 11th 03, 06:37 PM
lynn

In article ,
==Daye== wrote:

Hey all...

My DD got 2 "Magic, Faraway Tree" videos for her birthday. She
loves them, and she asks to watch them over and over. I realize
that is typical toddler behaviour.

I am looking to get her some more videos. We have a couple of
Sesame Street videos that she likes.

What videos do or did your toddler like to watch???

--
==Daye==
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au
Momma to Jayan (6/01) and Smudge EDD 11 Jan 2004

Can you get videos from the library? That's a great way to try them out
for free, and rotate your selection.

DS likes Thomas the Tank Engine, Sesame Street, and Winnie the Pooh,
plus assorted random ones we've found at the library. Music videos are
also good, like Raffi in concert, or the Wiggles.

- Lynn
Old July 12th 03, 12:22 AM

==Daye== wrote:
Hey all...

My DD got 2 "Magic, Faraway Tree" videos for her birthday. She
loves them, and she asks to watch them over and over. I realize
that is typical toddler behaviour.

I am looking to get her some more videos. We have a couple of
Sesame Street videos that she likes.

What videos do or did your toddler like to watch???

I just got this from another group I'm on and thought I would pass it
along. It's relevant and (imo) cute. (name, email address and subject body
removed)

"Hey, something nice just happened...., our not-quite-3-year-old told
me the whole story from "Green Eggs and Ham". Mom bought her a story
video last week that includes Green Eggs, and several other Dr Seuss
stories, and a few days ago, her brother gave her his copy of the book.
For 3 days now, she's been going over and over the book and the video -
it's become her favorite story, outside of having to have Good Night,
Moon every night. Now she's telling it to everyone she can get to hold
still long enough, LOL....including the cat!"

Come to think of this, our son has lot's of Dr. Seuss books (and the
CD-ROM "ABC's" is great) but no video's. I haven't noticed any in our
local library here. Maybe she is talking about a video that recently came
out? We have a collection of talk and play books (45rpm) and he loves
those (I think they are antiques by now, they were handed down.)
Dennis.
Old July 12th 03, 01:07 AM
Nic

snip

My DD likes to watch

bob the builder
Elmo
Shrek (first 30 mins only)
Banana's in pj's
Toy story

Nic

My DD is 3 years old

Old July 12th 03, 02:18 AM
iphigenia

==Daye== wrote:

What videos do or did your toddler like to watch???

Monsters, Inc.
Baby Neptune (from the Baby Einstein series)
Wiggles (DS loves "Dorosy")

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net