PTO/PTA

Old July 12th 03, 04:35 AM
blacksalt

Default PTO/PTA

Jarkat2002 wrote:

What is the difference between PTO and PTA?
Anyone know?
In my area (Ohio USA) there are some schools that are PTA and some that are
PTO.

From what my ex-SIL (heavily involved in a PTO) said, the Organization
doesn't have to pay dues to the national Association.
blacksalt
Old July 12th 03, 05:27 AM
Donna Metler

"Jarkat2002" wrote in message
What is the difference between PTO and PTA?
Anyone know?
In my area (Ohio USA) there are some schools that are PTA and some that

are
PTO.
TIA
~Kat

PTA is a national organization, and schools which have PTA's pay into the
national umbrella. PTO's are completely independent.

Planet Claire has pink air
All the trees are red
No one ever dies there
No one has a head

Old July 12th 03, 03:23 PM
Sue

PTA: Parent/teacher association. This is what we are called in our district.
PTO: Parent/teacher organization

They changed it to PTO to give it a better name instead of association
because of the stigma that the PTA has in being too cliqish. They changed it
to organization so people wouldn't be turned off at the name.
--
Sue
mom to three girls

Old July 12th 03, 06:59 PM
Sue

Sorry I didn't realize the PTO didn't have to pay dues. Sorry my mistake. I
had heard rumored that they changed the name due to the stigma, but perhaps
they did so they could restructure it. PTO is keeping the money in the
school it is participating in.
--
Sue
mom to three girls