Police: Man faked death to avoid child support

Old January 19th 06, 08:50 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.child-support

Default Police: Man faked death to avoid child support

laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote in
:

Good idea. Child support is actually wife support.

Wife support?

Don't you mean "that ****ing bitch" support?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10924038/

Police: Man faked death to avoid child support
'Ultimate deadbeat dad' now owes more than $30,000 for two kids

Updated: 10:48 a.m. ET Jan. 19, 2006
COLUMBIA, S.C. - Police arrested a man accused of faking his death
more than 25 years ago to avoid paying child support.

Johnny Sterling Martin, 58, had a relative call Family Court in 1979
and report that he died during a bar fight in Alabama, authorities
said. That call came a few months after he escaped from a work detail
while serving a one-year jail term for failing to pay $4,120 in
support for two children.

He was captured Tuesday and jailed, and now owes more than $30,000 in
child support and faces an escape charge, authorities said.

“Johnny Martin is the ultimate deadbeat dad, faking his own death to
avoid paying money to support his young children who were living in
Lexington County,” Sheriff James Metts said.

Martin has been living in Myrtle Beach, about 150 miles away, and had
been using his real name for about 20 years, investigators. He has
been married four times — twice since his disappearance — and has a
third child, sheriff’s Maj. John Allard said.

The investigation was reopened last week when police got a tip from
one of Martin’s ex-wives that he was alive and living in Myrtle Beach.
A fingerprint analysis confirmed Martin’s identity, investigators
said.

They are working to identify the caller who told family court Martin
was dead.

--
http://hume.realisticpolitics.com/

The real danger to the future of humanity is the preference
for surrendering to fear, superstition, and faith
in absolutist belief systems, and so to submit to these
willingly and to the control of those demagogues who
make use of these, rather than preferring
to reason with one's own mind.

Old January 20th 06, 12:42 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.child-support

"Winston Smith, American Patriot" wrote
in message ...
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote in
:

Good idea. Child support is actually wife support.

Wife support?

Don't you mean "that ****ing bitch" support?

Figures you'd say that since the only kind of woman that would marry you is
a ****in bitch

Old January 20th 06, 02:52 AM posted to alt.child-support

god bless this man

Old January 20th 06, 02:54 AM posted to alt.child-support

i think jim smokes crack

Old January 20th 06, 05:06 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.child-support

[...]

Good. Now instead of him PAYING support, the tax payers will now pay to
support HIM. Tax dollars hard at work!

Old January 21st 06, 04:15 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.child-support

"Chris" wrote in

Good. Now instead of him PAYING support, the tax payers will now pay to
support HIM. Tax dollars hard at work!

nd now owes more than $30,000 in
child support and faces an escape charge, authorities said.

Shows how petty society has become when they jail their citizens over a
matter of money!

I'm sure the two kids are alive and well, so what's the point?

Old January 21st 06, 06:12 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.child-support

DB wrote:

Shows how petty society has become when they jail their citizens over a
matter of money!

So, CEOs and stock traders shouldn't go to jail for fraud? Faking a
death to avoid paying debts sounds like fraud to me.

I'm sure the two kids are alive and well, so what's the point?

The point? That he is obligated to help support his kids, that's the
point. The mother should not have to carry the entire financial
burden. If she could cover their basic needs on her own, maybe this
idiot could have started a college fund for his kids. Whether he cares
about them or not, he's a douche bag for running away from his
responsibilities.

Old January 21st 06, 06:45 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.child-support

This news story makes so little sense, IMO. I can't imagine anything
of a legal nature taking only a report of a death as fact and not
requiring a death certificate as proof. There has to be more to this
story.

If I was told that my children's father had died as a cause for
discontinued child support, I'd apply for survivor's benefits through
Social Security for my children. How is it that Social Security would
have never caught this? If these benefits were not applied for, I'd
have to ask why not and wonder if the mother made a deal with the
father that she would call and report his death and not pursue matters
further if he would just walk away (which some mothers would prefer).
If that were the case, the current court would be remiss in letting
her have her cake and eat it too.

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:50:04 GMT, "Winston Smith, American Patriot"
wrote:

[...]

Beverly
Old January 21st 06, 10:01 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.child-support

Beverly wrote:
This news story makes so little sense, IMO. I can't imagine anything
of a legal nature taking only a report of a death as fact and not
requiring a death certificate as proof. There has to be more to this
story.

Very good point. But, if the court is trying to nail him for the
money, doesn't that mean that the mother is involved? I can't imagine
them even knowing about the case unless the mother brought it to them.

Old January 21st 06, 10:55 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.bush,talk.politics.misc,alt.child-support

"Galileo" wrote in
DB wrote:

Shows how petty society has become when they jail their citizens over a
matter of money!

So, CEOs and stock traders shouldn't go to jail for fraud? Faking a
death to avoid paying debts sounds like fraud to me.

A debt is defines as borrowing money on a volintary basis.
Any debt that is extorted is illegal, but the Government has a false legal
right to impose a debt in the name of child support.
No government has any right to impose the wishes of others in family
matters, good or bad!

The point? That he is obligated to help support his kids, that's the
point. The mother should not have to carry the entire financial
burden. If she could cover their basic needs on her own, maybe this
idiot could have started a college fund for his kids.

Lots of 2 parent famlies don't have college funds for their kids, are you
going to impose Government santions against them too for not having enough
money to look after their kids?

Whether he cares
about them or not, he's a douche bag for running away from his
responsibilities.

Yes he may be a douche bag and in your eyes a real scum bag, but that still
does not make him a criminal?