JELLO?

Old September 18th 03, 08:07 PM
Random Produxion

Default JELLO?

hey - any opinions about giving my 9month old sugar-free jello?

tia

jenn
Old September 18th 03, 08:11 PM
Sara

Random Produxion wrote:

hey - any opinions about giving my 9month old sugar-free jello?

tia

Sure. Why on earth would you want to do that? Does your baby have a
Red Dye #2 deficiency?

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle
Old September 18th 03, 08:17 PM
Random Produxion

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:11:30 -0400, Sara
said:

Random Produxion wrote:

hey - any opinions about giving my 9month old sugar-free jello?

tia

Sure. Why on earth would you want to do that? Does your baby have a
Red Dye #2 deficiency?

well, i like jello. i wondered if it was okay to let her have some at
this age.

jenn
Old September 18th 03, 08:23 PM
Jenn

In article ,
Random Produxion wrote:

hey - any opinions about giving my 9month old sugar-free jello?

tia

jenn

why would you want to give her a bunch of chemicals? there is nothing
good to come from it -- unless it were the only thing she would take in
a case of dehydration

it helps develop her sweettooth further -- it is full of artificial
sweetners and dyes -- not good for anyone -- certainly not good for an
infant who is far more sensitive to the negative effects of these
substances [and the gelatin is grossly unbalanced and poor protein
nutrition]
Old September 18th 03, 08:39 PM
Karen

Doesn't sugar free mean it has some kind of weird chemical substitute? I
wouldn't give that to an infant. Sorry, I just don't consider jello to
be actual food, wouldn't give it to my child in a million years, no
matter the age. And anyway, we're vegetarian, jello is not.

At this age, you should just be giving food with real nutritional value,
rather than filling up a very small tummy with something with very
little nutritional value. Actual fruits and veggies, whole grains, etc.

-Karen, mom to Henry 3-

Old September 18th 03, 08:52 PM
dragonlady

In article ,
Random Produxion wrote:

hey - any opinions about giving my 9month old sugar-free jello?

I'm not sure why you're giving a 9 mo jello, but I would NOT use the
sugar-free; I think plain old-fashioned sugar is probably less
unhealthy than the sugar-substitutes they use in sugar-free stuff.

Old September 18th 03, 09:02 PM
Random Produxion

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:52:56 GMT, dragonlady
said:

In article ,
Random Produxion wrote:

hey - any opinions about giving my 9month old sugar-free jello?

I'm not sure why you're giving a 9 mo jello, but I would NOT use the
sugar-free; I think plain old-fashioned sugar is probably less
unhealthy than the sugar-substitutes they use in sugar-free stuff.

i certainly appreciate you all taking the time to give me your
opinions. for the record, i have not given my dd jello. i was cleaning
out the cupboards and wondered if i should chuck 'em or keep 'em.

i did read somewhere about jello being good for helping with
dehydration.

jenn
Old September 18th 03, 09:23 PM
dragonlady

In article ,
Random Produxion wrote:

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:52:56 GMT, dragonlady
said:

In article ,
Random Produxion wrote:

hey - any opinions about giving my 9month old sugar-free jello?

I'm not sure why you're giving a 9 mo jello, but I would NOT use the
sugar-free; I think plain old-fashioned sugar is probably less
unhealthy than the sugar-substitutes they use in sugar-free stuff.

i certainly appreciate you all taking the time to give me your
opinions. for the record, i have not given my dd jello. i was cleaning
out the cupboards and wondered if i should chuck 'em or keep 'em.

i did read somewhere about jello being good for helping with
dehydration.

jenn

Jello is something you use when you have to have a liquid diet because
of some sort of stomach problem. Still, I'd use the stuff with sugar
instead of the sugar free -- at that point, they probably need the
calories, anyway.

Old September 19th 03, 12:43 AM
dejablues

It's made from boiled-down carcasses and waste animal parts. Nasty.

Old September 19th 03, 03:12 AM
daphne_bee

Random Produxion wrote in message . ..
hey - any opinions about giving my 9month old sugar-free jello?

tia

jenn

And lest not forget the all natural ingredients found in Jell-O:

WHERE DOES JELL-O COME FROM?
The Chicago Tribune of March 5th, 1997 finally answers the question
thus:

Gelatin seems benign enough.
And in fact it is. It's nothing but molecules of protein that have
been heated and then, as they cool, trap tiny particles of water. But
where does that protein come from? The rumors are always spoken of in
hushed terms: that Jell-O is made of horse hooves... or worse.

Actually the truth is "worse." The source of the protein in Jell-O is
"hide trimmings," animal tissue that is rendered, purified, filtered,
and then purified again, leaving a protein called collagen.

The FDA doesn't regard it as a "meat product," so, all but the
strictest vegetarians find Jell-O acceptable.