10 ways to be a better father

Old November 16th 03, 12:30 PM
Renee

Default 10 ways to be a better father

"ChrisScaife" wrote in message ...
, Ian says...

All of which are impossible, if the wife has ****ed another bloke,
stolen your house, and refused access.

Whoopsie. Sounds like someone didn't implement item number 1 below.

Nope No 1 below clerly says "respect each other".
If the wife is unfaithful she has no respect and cn expect none in return.

Besides I thought this was the dads-rights group. Not the dads-duties group
?

This is being cross posted to misc.kids, which is the parents-duties
group. I deleted the other groups, so my response is only going to
misc.kids (unless you have something like Google.)

So imagine you do all of those things and you are a first class dad to your
kids and an attentive husband to your wife. Then one day you come home from
work and your wife says she is bored with you and wants a divorce...

What do you do then to be a better father ?

I would think you could get a very good lawyer and try to get
custody. If you can't get custody, make every moment with your
children count. When they are teenagers, they will visit you more own
their own (if you are a good father.) If you have a bitch ex-wife that
somehow got a restraining order against you, and you aren't allowed to
see the kids (and you truly haven't done anything wrong), I would get
another lawyer.

Renee
Old November 16th 03, 03:29 PM
Banty

In article , Renee says...

"ChrisScaife" wrote in message
, Ian says...

All of which are impossible, if the wife has ****ed another bloke,
stolen your house, and refused access.

Whoopsie. Sounds like someone didn't implement item number 1 below.

Nope No 1 below clerly says "respect each other".
If the wife is unfaithful she has no respect and cn expect none in return.

Besides I thought this was the dads-rights group. Not the dads-duties group
?

This is being cross posted to misc.kids, which is the parents-duties
group. I deleted the other groups, so my response is only going to
misc.kids (unless you have something like Google.)

Yep. The parents-duties group. The group with fathers who are daily involved
with their kids. Single fathers. Single mothers. All kinds of blended
families. And focussed on the *kids*. Which is why there's little overlap.
Has any regular contributors to misc.kids ever turned into bitter
loss-of-custody fathers over at soc.men? Kinda doubt it.

So imagine you do all of those things and you are a first class dad to your
kids and an attentive husband to your wife. Then one day you come home from
work and your wife says she is bored with you and wants a divorce...

What do you do then to be a better father ?

I would think you could get a very good lawyer and try to get
custody. If you can't get custody, make every moment with your
children count. When they are teenagers, they will visit you more own
their own (if you are a good father.) If you have a bitch ex-wife that
somehow got a restraining order against you, and you aren't allowed to
see the kids (and you truly haven't done anything wrong), I would get
another lawyer.

Yep - good advice. Fight for custody if it hasn't been given. Concomitant
with the growing role of fatherhood to take part in all the needs of children's
lives, family law is more and more likely to let this relationship continue past
the marriage. But most of all, since the age of 18 will roll around faster than
realized, and all along, from birth - to foster an easy, open, minute-to-minute,
day-to-day relationship with the kids. (Which isn't covered very well be the
breadwinner-disciplinarian-family head-lifelong advisor role alone.)

Banty