Milk storage in avent bags

Old September 27th 03, 08:41 PM
Jolltax

Default Milk storage in avent bags

Hi

I am using avent disposable bags to store my EBM for the first time and the
leaflet says the milk can only be stored for 24 hours in the fridge. I have
read that EBM can be stored in the fridge for longer than this, but is that
only in bottles ? Anyone know the reason i can only store for 24 hours or
is that just weird advice from avent ?

Thanks in advance

Old September 28th 03, 01:49 AM
Phoebe & Allyson

Jolltax wrote:

I am using avent disposable bags to store my EBM for the first time and the
leaflet says the milk can only be stored for 24 hours in the fridge.

I think it's just CYA. I usually store in bottles for
anything that will be drunk fresh, and use bags (the Gerber
zipper bags, which are intended for freezing) only for milk
that's going straight into the freezer, but I don't think
there's any scientific reason not to keep fresh milk in bags
in the freezer.

Phoebe

--
yahoo address is unread - substitute mailbolt

Old September 28th 03, 10:41 PM
Cantrall family

it sounds like they are being very conserative. The lasinoh bags I have say
8 days. I have heard of people's milke starting to taste a little "off" or
"soapy", but I'd give it a try. They do say that if you are planning on
freezing, its better to put it in the freezer as soon as you know you'll be
freezing, just so it will keep longer.

Suellen