fruit juices for babies versus adults ( solids)

Old September 28th 03, 06:17 PM

Default fruit juices for babies versus adults ( solids)

Naomi Pardue wrote:
I like to stir in a cup of powdered dry milk into sauces (or liquids
to be cooked) I make, even spaghetti sauce. I don't tell anyone
eating it and haven't heard any complaints. that includes extra
into pancake and French toast batters...

Not much help though if the eater is allergic to milk or lactose
intolerant. (And if I were serving that to guests, I probably WOULD
tell them. If *I* were a guest and were allergic to milk, I wouldn't
want to be unknowingly served spagetti sauce that had milk added!)

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

(either remove spamblock or change address to to
e-mail reply.)

*Agreed!*
I was just adding it for a good extra source of calcium.
The people I serve it to are family - DH and kids, none of which are LI or
allergic.
--
Edith
oht nak

Old September 28th 03, 07:30 PM
iphigenia

Naomi Pardue wrote:

Not much help though if the eater is allergic to milk or lactose
intolerant. (And if I were serving that to guests, I probably WOULD
tell them. If *I* were a guest and were allergic to milk, I wouldn't
want to be unknowingly served spagetti sauce that had milk added!)

If I'm having dinner guests, I ask, when the invitation is accepted, if
there are any food hates/allergies/restrictions. It's much easier that way.
And I know I prefer it when people ask me - I'm not really picky, but the
things I don't like, I REALLY don't like (e.g. fish/seafood).

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Old September 28th 03, 07:42 PM
Sidheag McCormack

Naomi Pardue writes:

If *I* were a guest and were allergic to milk, I wouldn't want to
be unknowingly served spagetti sauce that had milk added!)

But surely, if you were allergic to something as basic as milk, you'd tell
your host that anyway? As a host, I would certainly expect it (and
generally remember to ask, when inviting new people). It would seem
unrealistic for a guest to expect to be able to guess the ingredients of
each dish served.

Sidheag
edd Oct 13th