What the heck is he doing in there anyway?

Old March 17th 04, 02:09 PM
KD

Default What the heck is he doing in there anyway?

What could this be? I'm 35 weeks along. Often, when the little guy
(due 4/20) is rolling around, kicking my ribs, making my belly dance I
get this sharp pain - like he's scratching my cervix. Like a pap
smear feeling but sharper. It definately feels like a scratch though.
What the heck is that? It's definately not just low in my belly, but
really feels like it's from within my cervix or vagina. Ouch!

And this morning, I'm fine when I first get up. I sit down a little
later for a bowl of cereal, and when I get up I can't! I can't stand
up straight and I can't walk. There is this pain, sort of like a
cramping muscle but not quite down the back/side of my butt/thigh on
one side. I couldn't stand up straight at all! Was he sitting on a
nerve or something? I had to sit down to 5-10 minutes until it went
away, but I can still feel the pain of it a little bit - like it's
gonna come back the next time he rolls over or something!

Oh, the joy! LOL

Old March 17th 04, 02:51 PM
CY

That's funny; I experienced exactly the same thing in my pg. I wonder what
it is? I'll be interested to know if anyone has any idea!

Old March 17th 04, 03:15 PM
Em

"KD" wrote in message
What could this be? I'm 35 weeks along. Often, when the little guy
(due 4/20) is rolling around, kicking my ribs, making my belly dance I
get this sharp pain - like he's scratching my cervix. Like a pap
smear feeling but sharper. It definately feels like a scratch though.
What the heck is that? It's definately not just low in my belly, but
really feels like it's from within my cervix or vagina. Ouch!

I felt something similar during my pregnancy, towards the end. Not sure what
it really is, but a woman in my childbirth class referred to it as "the baby
biting the cervix" and that is what stuck with me. So, when I got the
feeling, I'd usually just say to DH, "the baby is biting my cervix again!"
LOL. I hypothesize that it is really just pressure being put on the cervix
by the baby's movements. There isn't as much room as there used to be and I
think that when they start wiggling around a lot, there is cervical pressure
from it maybe.

And this morning, I'm fine when I first get up. I sit down a little
later for a bowl of cereal, and when I get up I can't! I can't stand
up straight and I can't walk. There is this pain, sort of like a
cramping muscle but not quite down the back/side of my butt/thigh on
one side. I couldn't stand up straight at all! Was he sitting on a
nerve or something? I had to sit down to 5-10 minutes until it went
away, but I can still feel the pain of it a little bit - like it's
gonna come back the next time he rolls over or something!

During the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I used to get a bizarre feeling
*zap* in my leg while I was walking. It was like no feeling I've ever had
before. Really weird. A pinched nerve I thought, from the baby's head. It
would impair my walking ability. Sounds like yours is something different
though.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost 6 months old!

Old March 17th 04, 05:08 PM
Karen

I'm 34 weeks and have been having that scratching the cervic feeling
occassionally for maybe a couple weeks now. I don't recall it with pg
#1, but it sure is weird isn't it? Feels like a little fingernail, which
I'm sure is impossible. Glad to hear of someone else having it, anyway!

The second discomfort you describe sounds like sciatica, same for the
other person who responded they had similar shooting pain. A few weeks
ago I posted a pretty detailed post about stretching the muscles
involved for some relief. Maybe you could google it or whatever it is
thta people do to find old posts?

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 3/4 and someone due 4/24/04-

Old March 17th 04, 05:30 PM
melizabeth

"Em" wrote in message
"KD" wrote in message
[...]

Could it be pressure on the sciatic nerve? (Is that how it is spelled?)

Old March 17th 04, 11:09 PM
H Schinske

What could this be? I'm 35 weeks along. Often, when the little guy
(due 4/20) is rolling around, kicking my ribs, making my belly dance I
get this sharp pain - like he's scratching my cervix.

I think it is just the stretching uterus pulling on a nerve right there. Isn't
it the weirdest feeling, though? You're not alone, I remember it well!

--Helen
Old March 18th 04, 08:01 AM
Kereru

"KD" wrote in message
[...]

That's what it sounds like to me. I had it and it felt like I couldn't move
my leg, it was also very painful.

Judy