22 weeks along on my first pregnancy!

Old May 21st 04, 01:11 AM
Elric

Default 22 weeks along on my first pregnancy!

Hello, My name's Heather, I'm new to this board, but I've been lurking
since before Animal (I've named the in utero kid after my favorite
muppet) was conceived.

So Animal's moved a bit, although at times I wonder if it's gas, I'm
sure it's a little of both. This morning, lying on my side, I could
swear I felt the shape of Animal inside me - that was incredibly cool.

I had a great first trimester (no throwing up!), and this second one
is going okay, except I'm still getting a lot of fatigue and
occasional faintness/dizziness, but my doctor says everything's great
and all that, I just hate the fatigue - I feel so useless.

Who knew a person could need this much rest?

As for showing, I'm really tall, so even though I'm showing a decent
amount, I think most people just assume I've gained a little weight,
although occasionally I get that "look", and the other day, someone
even let me cut in front of them to use the bathroom!

I'm really looking forward to being a mother, although I'm already
dealing with people who don't quite get my whole "stay at home mom"
thing. Still, for me, I've wanted to be a mother for about three years
now, and I've always seen myself as a full time mom for the kid's
first 3 years of life. I do like the whole "pass the baby" idea
between friends and family when they come to visit, after all, I know
he/she will get passed back to me every time he/she starts to fuss.

Mostly, my husband and I are very excited. We've both wanted kids for
ages, and we're looking forward to the birth in September. We're going
to try for waterbirth - all natural. Heh. Well, we're going to try
anyway!

Thanks for reading.

--H
Old May 21st 04, 11:45 AM
melizabeth

Welcome and congratulations! I have learned so much from being on this
board.

--
M~Elizabeth

To thine own self be true

Old May 21st 04, 05:34 PM
Sophie

Hi and welcome

Sophie
#4 due July 7, 2004

Old May 22nd 04, 12:56 AM

Hi Heather - welcome!

Its my first pregnancy too and I'm also due in September -

Happy thoughts to you and Animal!

L.