Yet another "ready for solids?"

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 14th 03, 02:00 AM
Akuvikate

Default Yet another "ready for solids?"

I know people post questions like this all the time, but...

The plan is to start Bug on solids at 6 months, which will happen in 3
and a half weeks. However I'm really beginning to wonder if it may
not make sense to start a bit sooner. Why I wonder:

1. I gave her a index card to gum and drool on while I was filing
yesterday, and she actually ate bits of it (proof was in her diaper
this morning).
2. She's been interestedly watching us eat for a while now, but I'd
say lately she's watching us avidly. Of course she reaches for lots
of things, but I swear she's more interested in trying to grab what
I'm eating than other things in my hands.
3. She's also pretty interested in drinking -- often if she's nursing
and I grab my water bottle she pulls off to watch it and watch me
drink it.
4. She's become more spit-uppy. She used to virtually never spit up,
but lately does more. I read somewhere that indicates that they're
over-stuffing themselves on milk to satisfy their bellies.

DH and I both have environmental allergies (dust, pollen) and a slight
tendency to asthma, but no family history of food allergies that I'm
aware of. Part of me is reluctant to start before 6 months, but I was
in the supermarket today looking at the baby food and rice cereal,
thinking about how much fun it will be...

Kate
and the Bug, June 8 2003

I'm ready! Jill Pregnancy 6 May 4th 04 02:17 AM
Getting a one year old ready for a sibling ted General 3 March 30th 04 11:08 PM
(Cute) Ready to have kids checklist Ruthie General 2 September 19th 03 06:47 AM
getting ready! Dagny Breastfeeding 1 September 15th 03 03:33 AM
question about ready ovulation sticks J Pregnancy 4 September 12th 03 05:48 PM