Hypothetically speaking and stuff

Old November 5th 04, 12:32 AM
Jamie Clark

Oh yeah, I do remember the Pie/Cake guy -- "Teeeeennnn Appppplllleee
Piiiiieeees! ahnsjdfghqari[a!"

I have the 35th Anniversary Show on Tivo, and they play some cool old clips
of things that I'd completely forgotten -- the little cartoon typewriter,
the mime from the 70's, the cool psychedelic 70's cartoons that went with
counting, all that cool stuff! Even some of the older puppets are retro and
cool!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Leslie" wrote in message
Jamie said:

Actually, it's only been on for 35 years! They just celebrated their 35
year anniversary THIS year! I'm 38, and I feel like I've watched it all
my
life as well!

I was kind of wondering about that when I said it . . . let's say then
that
I've been watching it as long as I've been watching t.v.! I never stopped
loving Sesame Street and even my big kids still like to watch it with
William.
I especially love it when they use some of the same old clips that were on
when
we were little. One I haven't seen since I WAS little that I really miss
was
the thing with the guy with all the pies who always fell down the
stairs--remember that?

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth

Old November 5th 04, 01:23 AM
Leslie

I have the 35th Anniversary Show on Tivo, and they play some cool old clips
of things that I'd completely forgotten

Oh, wow, I bet they have made a tape of that . . . I will have to look for one
for Christmas.

Another thing I love is to listen to the Sesame Street albums that I have from
my childhood--"I've got two eyes, one-two, they're both the same size,
one-two"--with Mr. Hooper singing . . . and Bob, whose voice I just love . . .

Old November 7th 04, 07:45 AM
Jamie Clark

You know, I don't think they do have it on tape or DVD. They DO have a 35th
anniversary edition DVD, but it's a whole other thing -- it's called "What's
the name of that song" and it's cute -- great songs, catchy tune, etc, but
totally not the same as the 35th anniversary SHOW that played on TV.

Check your listings, they are replaying a lot of episodes from the past 6
months, and I've seen it on again.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Leslie" wrote in message
I have the 35th Anniversary Show on Tivo, and they play some cool old
clips
of things that I'd completely forgotten

Oh, wow, I bet they have made a tape of that . . . I will have to look for
one
for Christmas.

Another thing I love is to listen to the Sesame Street albums that I have
from
my childhood--"I've got two eyes, one-two, they're both the same size,
one-two"--with Mr. Hooper singing . . . and Bob, whose voice I just love .
. .

Old November 7th 04, 08:16 AM
nichole

Jaime wrote:

You know, I don't think they do have it on tape or DVD. They DO have a 35th
anniversary edition DVD, but it's a whole other thing -- it's called "What's
the name of that song" and it's cute -- great songs, catchy tune, etc, but
totally not the same as the 35th anniversary SHOW that played on TV.

Do you mean the one where they show little snippets from each year at the end?
And Grover drives Elmo to the past in a taxi? I think we are talking about the
same thing. Well I found the DVD for $10 at Ross! It's called The Street We
Live On-35th Anniversary Special. I actually cried when I watched the part
about Big Bird trying to understand that Mr. Hooper died.

Nichole
mom to 11 month old Elmo lover Salome
pictures-- http://public.fotki.com/sealmyfate/salome-1/november/

Old November 7th 04, 08:34 AM
Jamie Clark

Oh yeah, that is the one! Cool! I love the part at the very end, during
the credits, with the old beatnik puppets?

"Doot doot, doot dooot dooot. Doot doot doot dooooo." It kills me!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old November 7th 04, 04:11 PM
Leslie

Well I found the DVD for $10 at Ross! It's called The Street We
Live On-35th Anniversary Special.

Yay! Thanks, Nichole. I am going to get that as soon as I can.