only 12 weeks and showing

Old March 2nd 04, 02:57 AM

Default only 12 weeks and showing

Argh

I wanted to wait until the first trimester is over before telling
people but already people at work are guessing... this is my first
pregnancy and I thought I wouldn't be showing so soon but I guess I
should have done my situps...

anyway, it seems like the only people I read about that are showing at
12 weeks are having twins - I know there's only one in there though!

anyone else have this problem? I don't mind showing, I just wanted to
be showing after the first trimester....
Old March 2nd 04, 03:53 PM
Christine

Unless i was bloated, i was showing very early too.....like 10 - 12
weeks.....and my belly =91=91WAS=92=92 lol...very FLAT...,,,,but i did
develope a small pouch..but i always felt bloated too.....

Old March 2nd 04, 04:59 PM
CD

I too began showing early. This was my first pregnancy and at around 8-9
weeks I began getting a preg belly. I even started needing to wear some
maternity clothes since none of my pants would fit. It was impossible to
hide until the first trimester was over. I did not have twins, I had a
little girl. I kept thinking that throughout the pregnancy that my tummy
would stop growing, but it didn't. My tummy was humungous when I finally
had Arianna. With being so big I also thought she might come early but she
came two weeks late to the day.

Everyone asked if I was having twins and one person even asked if I was
having triplets. The great grandma thought we were having twins up until
the day Arianna arived!

om...

Old March 3rd 04, 09:43 PM
Elitsirk

wrote in message . com...
Argh

I wanted to wait until the first trimester is over before telling
people but already people at work are guessing... this is my first
pregnancy and I thought I wouldn't be showing so soon but I guess I
should have done my situps...

anyway, it seems like the only people I read about that are showing at
12 weeks are having twins - I know there's only one in there though!

anyone else have this problem? I don't mind showing, I just wanted to
be showing after the first trimester....

I'm right there with you. All the pregnancy books that I've read say
that "you won't need maternity clothes till around week 14". They
lie. I bought a pair of pg jeans at 7 weeks because none of my
regular pants would button (there was a good, 1-inch gap between
button and hole on my most forgiving jeans). I don't *think* I'm
having twins, but I'm just playing the odds with that (they don't run
in either family and we didn't use any fertility drugs)--the doctor
picked up a single heartbeat, but did say that he probably wouldn't be
able to tell if there was more than one.

I don't think my stomach muscles were in particularly bad shape to
start (I'd been doing a pilates/yoga tape 1-2 times a week up till
that point along with other exercise), but I'm pretty short-waisted
and naturally thicker around the middle, so the extra bloating and
such has no where to go but out. Plus, my hips are somewhat narrow
compared to my waist (the lovely "apple" body type...), so most pants
are naturally snug around my middle (I will never need a belt to cinch
in the waistline of my pants.....)

My biggest problem with "showing" so early was that I had *nothing* to
wear (I wore the one pair of jeans for almost 2 weeks straight...).
It was such a relief to start telling friend around week 9, since a
couple of them had offered in the past to loan maternity clothes to
whoever was pg next, and I now have a great little wardrobe to work
with (most of it is winter-ish clothes that will be too warm this
summer, but they're free and getting me by for now).

Elit
#1 due 9/20/2004