Fogging Home for Bugs

Old June 10th 04, 04:07 AM
Carol Ann

Default Fogging Home for Bugs

I've decided to go ahead and bomb the house because of the number of fleas
and moths that have suddenly popped up.

I can't take it any more.

I'm shutting off the baby's room. I will leave the house for a good 8
hours.

This just HAS to work!!!

Any thoughts?

--
~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04

Old June 10th 04, 04:24 AM
Jill

"Carol Ann" wrote
Any thoughts?

We're going to have to call pest control to have our house fixed and I worry
about this. We first thought we might have termites- we won't know until an
expert checks, but we do have some kind of little bug with wings that just
popped up in our bathroom. It looks like 2 different bugs, some kind of ant
with wings and an odd looking bug- we think it;s carpenter ants or termites
etc.

At any rate it needs to be terminated before it gets worse and I worry about
that!! I was wondering if I need to take the baby to grandma's for a few
days???

Jill

Old June 10th 04, 04:46 AM
Nikki

Carol Ann wrote:
I've decided to go ahead and bomb the house because of the number of
fleas and moths that have suddenly popped up.

I bombed when the kids were small but IIRC I did it on my way out the door
for a weekend trip to my aunts. For fleas you might have to do it once
again - or get the powder to put in the carpet etc. I'm not sure the bomb
kills the eggs. We had to bomb for crickets we had so many. That was truly
disgusting. You have to go clean them up...and they stink :-P

If you get those mothball bricks on hangers and place them around entry
points it will help to keep them out.

Good luck :-)

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (5) and Luke (3)

Old June 10th 04, 07:47 AM
elizabeth emerald

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...

"Carol Ann" wrote
Any thoughts?

We're going to have to call pest control to have our house fixed and I

worry
about this. We first thought we might have termites- we won't know until

an
expert checks, but we do have some kind of little bug with wings that just
popped up in our bathroom. It looks like 2 different bugs, some kind of

ant
with wings and an odd looking bug- we think it;s carpenter ants or

termites
etc.

there is a non-chemical way (nematodes/nematerm) of getting rid of termites
here is australia (see
http://www.bestpest.com.au/site/inde...rol&p=nematerm). perhaps
you have something like that where you live?
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS - born 20-aug-02

"Anything lost can be found again, except for time wasted" -- Hilltop Hoods

Old June 10th 04, 12:15 PM
Kim E.

In article , abc123
@spam.com says...

"Carol Ann" wrote
Any thoughts?

We're going to have to call pest control to have our house fixed and I worry
about this. We first thought we might have termites- we won't know until an
expert checks, but we do have some kind of little bug with wings that just
popped up in our bathroom. It looks like 2 different bugs, some kind of ant
with wings and an odd looking bug- we think it;s carpenter ants or termites
etc.

We live in Ohio and are getting something like that too. I am pretty
sure they are winged ants. We also have something that looks like
lightening bugs. Usually these bugs come and go in our house (ah, life
in the country!). I hope there are no more ladybug infestations like
last year!!

At any rate it needs to be terminated before it gets worse and I worry about
that!! I was wondering if I need to take the baby to grandma's for a few
days???

Depends what they are using. If it is a spray/fog it will settle out
pretty quickly (less than a day i would imagine), but then linger on
surfaces for a while.

-kim

Old June 10th 04, 12:35 PM
Jill

"Kim E." wrote
I hope there are no more ladybug infestations like
last year!!

Last year what was UP with that?? We had a ton of ladybugs in our house all
of a sudden! I hate to kill ladybugs but we just couldn't let them infest-
there were literally packs of them.

Now, wasps.....I hate to kill any living thing but don't feel as guilty
about exterminating them!

Old June 10th 04, 03:15 PM
Lucy

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...

"Kim E." wrote
I hope there are no more ladybug infestations like
last year!!

Last year what was UP with that?? We had a ton of ladybugs in our house

all
of a sudden! I hate to kill ladybugs but we just couldn't let them infest-
there were literally packs of them.

We had those too, but I read somewhere that they weren't really ladybugs.
They were something from Japan, but I don't remember the details.

They were not as bright red as most ladybugs are (yes, I know ladybugs can
be orange or yellow too, but these were somehow different...) and the worst
thing was that they BITE!

I hate to kill anything, but those beasties had to go.

Lucy

Old June 10th 04, 04:30 PM
teapot

"Carol Ann" wrote in message news:PfQxc.26212$Sw.11945@attbi_s51...
I've decided to go ahead and bomb the house because of the number of fleas
and moths that have suddenly popped up.

I can't take it any more.

I'm shutting off the baby's room. I will leave the house for a good 8
hours.

This just HAS to work!!!

Any thoughts?

We thought we had bed bugs this time last year and went through the
same dilemma, we were going to go for a dry ice control method that
didnt use chemicals. Permethrin is the one they use for flea control
and it has links with athsma in babies.

I wouldn't use chemicals like that without going away for a week at
least.

teapot and the year old moo boy
Old June 10th 04, 05:39 PM
lissi

On 6/10/04 10:15 AM, "Lucy" wrote:

"Jill" wrote in message
. com...

"Kim E." wrote
I hope there are no more ladybug infestations like
last year!!

Last year what was UP with that?? We had a ton of ladybugs in our house

all
of a sudden! I hate to kill ladybugs but we just couldn't let them infest-
there were literally packs of them.

We had those too, but I read somewhere that they weren't really ladybugs.
They were something from Japan, but I don't remember the details.

I think they're called Pumpkin Bugs and they brought them over from Asia as
a predator for some other pest here in the States. Unfortunately there is no
predator here for the Pumpkin Bugs, so their numbers are getting out of
control. Whose bright idea was it to mess with the Eco system like that??

They were not as bright red as most ladybugs are (yes, I know ladybugs can
be orange or yellow too, but these were somehow different...) and the worst
thing was that they BITE!

I didn't realize they bite! In our house they usually just gathered in the
corners by the ceiling and I would vacuum them out once in a while.

Lissi

CPS wrkrs may NOT enter home w/o search warrant Fern5827 General 0 July 8th 04 06:12 PM
Stay at home mom libbymom04 Pregnancy 21 June 14th 04 06:10 AM
Review: Home on the Range (**) Steve Rhodes General 0 March 31st 04 04:40 PM
N.J. Child Agency Saw No Trouble at Home Kane General 2 February 7th 04 07:56 AM
'Horrible' Home Kane General 1 July 16th 03 02:29 AM