So, diabetes only strikes fat people eh? NOT

Old September 14th 03, 06:36 PM
Jim Ledford

Default So, diabetes only strikes fat people eh? NOT

Jenny wrote:

I became a type II diabetic long before I had a weight problem, developed
the weight problem as a result of blood sugar swing-induced hunger,

I was just asking someone if they thought the blood
sugar swing was somehow responsible for inducing hunger.

lost the weight,

losing the extra fat on my body was a very difficult
thing for me to do. chocolate knows my name and keeps
yelling JIM JIM JIM. I told chocolate to shutup.

stayed diabetic, and am currently at a normal BMI and body fat level
and still diabetic.

someday I hope a real cure is available.

The first time I was diagnosed with "prediabetes" on a
glucose tolerance test I weighted 108 lbs.

Lots of people do become diabetic because of overweight, but some of us have
genetic problems that cause the syndrome too.

-- Jenny

you have a pretty name.

Old September 15th 03, 01:25 PM
Jim Ledford

Liz wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Jenny wrote:

I became a type II diabetic long before I had a weight problem, developed
the weight problem as a result of blood sugar swing-induced hunger,

I was just asking someone if they thought the blood
sugar swing was somehow responsible for inducing hunger.

Most definitely.
Liz

diabetes can strike ANYONE. their size is not a
factor. what I'm finding from my research is that
once people go to the insulin needle they begin to
gain weight. seems some have spoken of this
blood sugar swing-induced hunger as being a real
an influencing cause of the weight gain.

I mean damn if having contracted diabetes was not
enough to mess up a life but good, then we have
to add in the disadvantages of being over weight
too.
Old September 15th 03, 09:45 PM
Dr Chaos

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:25:02 -0400, Jim Ledford wrote:
Liz wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Jenny wrote:

I became a type II diabetic long before I had a weight problem, developed
the weight problem as a result of blood sugar swing-induced hunger,

I was just asking someone if they thought the blood
sugar swing was somehow responsible for inducing hunger.

Most definitely.
Liz

diabetes can strike ANYONE.

true.

their size is not a
factor.

false, for type II.

what I'm finding from my research is that
once people go to the insulin needle they begin to
gain weight.

usually Type II diabetes is initially controlled
without insulin.

seems some have spoken of this
blood sugar swing-induced hunger as being a real
an influencing cause of the weight gain.

I mean damn if having contracted diabetes was not
enough to mess up a life but good, then we have
to add in the disadvantages of being over weight
too.

diabetes is bad, mkay? All the more reason
to prevent weight gain when you have the chance.

prior to 20th century medicine, diabetes was fairly quickly fatal
(choose one of: seizures, renal failure or infectious gangrene) and
such maintenance problems were not relevant.